Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 47963 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Need IC Replacement! (6/9)
« Reply #390 on: July 27, 2015, 09:17:19 am »

Woop woop!

Okay, give me half a day to read over the thread and compile notes. 

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 27, 2015, 09:56:36 am »

what are the rules about replacements. Can I use stuff 4maskwolf said as evidence against Shakerag?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 27, 2015, 10:09:42 am »

what are the rules about replacements. Can I use stuff 4maskwolf said as evidence against Shakerag?
You don't have to discount anything someone said before they were replaced.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 27, 2015, 11:02:07 am »

What ho, I have been slain!
(Good luck with the game.)
(bah post.)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 27, 2015, 11:13:36 am »

Urist McCoder
[This is my IC voice.  Anything I say in this way is to be taken as coming from me as an IC, and not me as a player.  Therefore, this voice will be to answer game mechanics questions and to give advice which you can trust regardless of what my alignment is.

Generally speaking, dealing with replacements is difficult.  Of course if you have suspicions from before the player replaced out, you should make note of those.  However, you can no longer really ask questions about them, because the player who replaced in may not know exactly why the previous player answered as they did. 

Usually, if there was anything glaringly obvious from before the replacement I'll keep it in mind, and make effort to pressure the player who replaced in.  If nothing terribly much stood out to me from before, then I'll try to just assess a town/scum lean from the point of replacement and on.

tl;dr - Yes, but I likely can't explain why 4mask did what he did.  If you really suspected 4mask, then put me through the wringer.
]

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 27, 2015, 12:09:18 pm »

Loud Whispers, how did you feel about NotQuiteThere?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Need IC Replacement (7/9)
« Reply #396 on: July 27, 2015, 12:27:19 pm »

Teneb:
Day 3 ends thursday, 30 of July, at 10:30 BRT (GMT-3). There are 72 hours left.
If the game is in a LYLO or MYLO situation, there will be no formal deadline. >50% Players must vote to end the day, or votes must not change for 24-hours.
Am I miscounting?  It looks like we're in MYLO.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2015, 12:36:05 pm »

Teneb:
Day 3 ends thursday, 30 of July, at 10:30 BRT (GMT-3). There are 72 hours left.
If the game is in a LYLO or MYLO situation, there will be no formal deadline. >50% Players must vote to end the day, or votes must not change for 24-hours.
Am I miscounting?  It looks like we're in MYLO.
Yes, I got distracted and forgot. There is no deadline.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #398 on: July 27, 2015, 12:45:51 pm »

What ho, I have been slain!
(Good luck with the game.)
(bah post.)
Alas! Such misfortune! You were innocent all along!

Loud Whispers, how did you feel about NotQuiteThere?
notquitethere was one of the people I was leaning towards Townie, the strongest townie to be true since Grak went.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 27, 2015, 02:56:45 pm »

Well.  You guys really screwed the pooch on D2, eh? 

Tawarochir:  So, there were three people not voting at the end of D2.  4maskwolf was replacing out.  H4zardZ1 was going to replace out, but still seemed to be having some issues.  What was your excuse for not voting?

Loud Whispers:
This is not good, we've got this turn to lynch mafia or Luchabowl IV could be ruined for good.
Super.  What are you going to do about it?  You haven't exactly started this day with the actions of one desperate to lynch scum.

Urist McCoder
I think you are better than 4maskwolf because he is basically lurking, while even though you are coming across as scummy at least you aren't lurking. which I think is better.
Who was this directed toward, and why weren't you voting 4maskwolf at the end of D2 if you thought lurking was the greater sin?

H4zardZ1:
If you're not replacing out, then you got some making up to do for your no-show on D2, man. 
Here's your homework:
1) Give me your reads on every living player
2) Give me your thoughts on how the votecount sat at the end of D2.

By the way, I think that bad grammar is a scumtell. Proof: a player who puts less effort into the game, more passive, copies other arguments, those are scumtells. More active players are less likely to be scum. If someone puts less effort into their posts(anybody can apply better grammar and spelling), its a sign they care less about their attacks/defenses. Thus, scum. Probably wrong, but a good theory in my perspective.
[This isn't the first time I've seen such an argument.  Scum, worried about being found out, are more likely to be careful when constructing a post to ensure they haven't left any loose ends that someone could latch on to and start questioning them about.  I know when I've been scum before I will tend to carefully go over my post to ensure that I'm not leaving myself open to getting attacked about something.  However, this sort of thing isn't completely reliable, because some players are just very careful regardless of alignment. 

So like any scumtell, it's not 100% reliable, but it's something to consider.  Town could be more likely to have sloppier posts, because the player knows they are town and don't feel a great need to check themselves to make sure they're not "slipping up".  Scum on the other hand -should- be generally more cautious, and may tend toward cleaner and more well thought out posts.
]

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 27, 2015, 05:28:10 pm »

Shakerag that was directed at Fallacyofurist. the reason I didn't vote for 4maskwolf was because he was replacing out, and fallacy ofurist was very very scummy.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 27, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »

And while I think lurking is worse , I don't necessarily think it is a scum tell

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2015, 07:15:39 pm »

Tawarochir:  So, there were three people not voting at the end of D2.  4maskwolf was replacing out.  H4zardZ1 was going to replace out, but still seemed to be having some issues.  What was your excuse for not voting?
There was barely anything to go on except for LW's tirade about Fallacy, and I thought that voting based on that would provoke votes on me based on bandwagoning tells. Then the day ended before there was enough discussion to provoke thought because of the lurking-level being over 9000.

Loud Whispers, why did you single out Fallacy yesterday?

Urist McCoder: Why do you deny that lurking is a scumtell? Additionally, you've been lurking quite a bit. Why should I believe that you're not trying to throw suspicion off yourself by claiming your biggest tell isn't a tell?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Maybe here (6/9)
« Reply #403 on: July 27, 2015, 09:48:03 pm »

H4zardZ1:
If you're not replacing out, then you got some making up to do for your no-show on D2, man. 
1) Give me your reads on every living player.
2) Give me your thoughts on how the votecount sat at the end of D2.
Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)
2. I seemed to lurk but no one voted for me, FOU is dead lynched.
I'm still confused right now. Guess not being online for 3 days made a huge impact.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Maybe here (5/9)
« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2015, 02:36:48 am »

Uh, i forgot to tell that it goes from top to bottom.
So Urist McCoder is the most noob and scummiest person.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35