Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Lighthouse: The Age of Destiny, the Age of Ruin (OOC Thread. Game Started!)  (Read 20902 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

That is. Pity the Arbitomancer probably wasn't an insane racist bird.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I only remember that the Arbitomancer was really really big. Kadi maybe.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

was he unnaturally big like a giant or just big like a tall guy?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile

Did the Arbitomancer also have a hammer?  Because that sounds like my character.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

This was an incredibly tough decision. I narrowed it down to two that I was really interesting in seeing develop, and I've made my call. Gut feeling in the end.

Joan Hawkwood, you are now Captain.

You must,
  • Name your mercenary outfit
  • Decide the focus of your outfit (you can make this really general)
  • Select your Crew (NOTE: as per the rules, you have to wait 24 hours after posting the crew's intent to select members)
  • Allocate the warchest funds (already partially done for you)
  • Answer my forthcoming PMs about the prologue

To the other captains: Damn fine work. I really encourage you all to apply with mercenaries. I wanted to see Avercco's quest for glory, Gude's journey towards identity, and Gara's path to destruction/salvation, but... Another time. There will be more games of Lighthouse, and other stories to tell.

More details, including clarification on some of the captaincy items you requested, will come tomorrow. I'll also compile all the submitted mercenary sheets into the waiting list so that they can be more easily reviewed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:49:14 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Here comes anxiety ._.
I will return in hours while pondering this.
Also the Phari-powered Carrier is a yes, right? Solar* powered vehicles? :D
*Greater technology encompasses this area of development, right?

Name your mercenary outfit
How does the White Company sound?
History lessons make this unoriginal. ;P
    Decide the focus of your outfit (you can make this really general)
May this be inclusive with the forthcoming PMs? I have a...wide expanse of ideas on this focus.
    Select your Crew (NOTE: as per the rules, you have to wait 24 hours after posting the crew's intent to select members)
This is where my anxiety pops up. It's like starting my RtD all over again ._. ALL the sheets are so nice!

Can everyone come as part of auxilia parties?
    Allocate the warchest funds (already partially done for you)
Other than the 5c I have to grab from that, I'm unsure on the entirety of the rest of the proposals.

Answer my forthcoming PMs about the prologue
...I believe this will take some time. :P :-[

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheet hath been edited. Hype intensifies.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I improved my sheet as well. Added more stuff to personality.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile

Name your mercenary outfit
History lessons make this unoriginal. ;P
  Holy!!!  I've been here for two years and I had no idea that transparent words were a thing that could be done.  I was about to ask if that was a The Black Company reference but that surprised me quite a bit.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Hm, well... doesn't seem like I really need to edit my sheet that much, does it? 300 credits are all there, no assumptions made, finalized a detail in the backstory and there we have it. I thought about exchanging Speaker for Artificer, but I find Voice of Doubt more flavorful, if in the end probably less functional. Will probably be able to take it later anyway. Should wait for a statement of intent, and then maybe add a whole new sheet to the fold?

Probably just as well Mudren Gude didn't make captain. Probably would have resulted in a somewhat deranged party.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:15:23 am by Harry Baldman »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

I'm super interested in this. I'll attempt to read all the lore soon, but no solid promises :p Anyways, waitlist for the time being, in case someone decides to drop out or dies (in-game 0_0).
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

So prices for these?

Ornate Lacquer Suit
Backpack
Diary+pen
Food Rations x 3
Watergourd
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

So prices for these?

Ornate Lacquer Suit
Backpack
Diary+pen
Food Rations x 3
Watergourd

Ornate Lacquerware Suit: 30 C
Backpack: 5 C
Diary+Pen: 5 C
Food Rations x3: 5 C
Watergourd: 5 C

Just to confirm on your original sheet, you're buying fifteen packs of 3 eggs and fifteen packs of 3 gunpowder cartridges?

Sheet hath been edited. Hype intensifies.

Looked it over. Fixed the error of Operant intent replication. My copy mistake, the lower option should be Operant Power. Your armor should cost 41, not 51. I'll accept the prices you have for your stuff, largely because they're higher than what I would have given you.

So you've got 35 C left to be converted to cash, but bear in mind that the crystal sword needs charge crystals to use its special ability. Or you can try and channel light into it directly, which is more dangerous.

I improved my sheet as well. Added more stuff to personality.
Looks good... "Entertained and not hungry" would be a terrible, terrible thing to say. I think there was a Vonnegut about that.

Here comes anxiety ._.
I will return in hours while pondering this.
Also the Phari-powered Carrier is a yes, right? Solar* powered vehicles? :D
*Greater technology encompasses this area of development, right?

It does, though 'solar' is a word used only in the eldest eras. Phari powered. I'll price you couple versions via PM. Ridiculously (more than you can afford) expensive at the high end, but there are some manageable models.

Sounds fine. White is the color of mixed light. Dangerous, powerful, and primal.

Can everyone come as part of auxilia parties?
You might be able to hire on people for a short term basis, but not at start. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

List of Nimvedih's Equipment:
2 Weeks' Rations
Camping Gear
Writing Tools
500 ft. of Rope
Knife
Ice Pick
Axe
Backpack
Extendable Eleven-Foot Pole
Measuring Gear
Maps (Local and Global)
Belt with Pockets
Suitable Amount of Clothing (Including Swim Gear)
Waterskin
Misc. Parts (Enough to Fill the Rest of the Backpack)
Remaining Money
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edited sheet and now I have no money, but some more equipment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15