Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Lighthouse: The Age of Destiny, the Age of Ruin (OOC Thread. Game Started!)  (Read 20909 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoops, I guess I misunderstood the creation process of a new Drogue consciousness. On the upside, this means I actually get a real backstory instead of "Svurrl rode a train last week." Thank you for clarifying. The staff thing I'll leave alone for now, but I think I will grab similar materials for future use.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rivalries are fun! And we'd be able to improve on eachother's designs, and so forth. With the way the waitlist works, it would probably be a good idea to have a spare artificer on hand, anyways.
Hmph. Alright, but please take a perk from the Lumomancy tree so that someone can power our devices (unless I'm completely blind and someone has already made a dedicated Lumomancer).

Draignean, does a character have to be trained in Lumomancy to power an Avernomantic device? I noticed that Nimvedih has a large Light pool as well.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strictly speaking, anyone can provide some power to a crystal using T0 lumomancy, but in most cases a collection array and storage crystals will suffice. Lumomancy just lets you do some things with less overhead and better efficiency, if you can do it at all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Quickpost due to net!

Joanie:
Assuming your crew dossiers are in paper/vellum/not crystal, I'll give you prices of,

(5) 1x Crew Dossier Depository
(10) 1x Robust Satchel
(5) 2x Iron Rations
(5) 1x Philosophical Tome

For that basic stuff. The more complex pieces of equipment, hmm. The goggles could be done with lumomancy, the noise regulating helmet... What kind of noise regulation are we talking? On the scale between helmet with earplugs taped on, and premier noise cancellation helmet with manual control and selective dampening, where does it fall?

I'll price you 35 C for the goggles. Just bear in mind that they might explode if you look at something REALLY bright, and they'll still decrease your vision somewhat when active.

Thermite... 50C per handful. Expensive, but processing aluminum is silly hard without electricity. The compound is undoubtedly rare and most people probably wouldn't know what thermite even was. I'm not even going to ask what you want THAT for.

Amelia
rank == tier, so I think Powder cleared that one up.

From the items you have currently, it looks like you only have 60 C left to spend.
For some misc items costs,
(10) Bedroll
(5) 2x Iron Rations

I'm not sure what you mean by a manual autoscribe, sans magic. Magic is pretty key to the distance writing concept, at least pre-electronics. I'm not sure what you mean on that front.

Bios and descriptions appear fine in both cases. Just be aware than any brief 'flash' of the future you happen to receive may not actually reflect what's going to happen.
Heh, Joanie :P

But...argh, I did forget something. I was in the midst of thinking what race I'd like a spear-Captain, and I went with the idea of a Fanai Lancer who would pretty much go under the term of 'subversive element'. Then I forgot to re-edit out the necessities I planned when thinking 'I would like a human better?', though still undecided to that point. -_-

And on the manual autoscribe, I was thinking of it like...a book, which can keep a ton of words in it...and still be compact.

And thanks PM. Edited my Merc sheet in skills, allowing Surgery for later and instead focused on the Artificier branch {it is a hard pick between Wet Works and Deconstruct, as Craft seems to be topped by Invent...} (Also edited to allow the finished plans of transport and others, removing Thermite and replacing gunpowder for it--I was thinking more along 'chemical substances which could be used for alternative and useful methods, but also may act as incendiary compounds in...emergency situations').
Capt sheet shifted to a Lumomancer build.

Bios and descriptions appear fine in both cases. Just be aware than any brief 'flash' of the future you happen to receive may not actually reflect what's going to happen.
I'm fully aware of that, because I was adding something I've personally witnessed and wondered if it would work in this kind of setting--and I do know that they can be mistaken [though...-always- when forced, for me, but anyway...]. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:12:36 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

And on the manual autoscribe, I was thinking of it like...a book, which can keep a ton of words in it...and still be compact.

Just write really small. It takes some time to fill up a journal. 5 C.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the below represent the sum of our mostly-complete Captain aspirants...

Lora Kal Gara: Strong, charismatic, driven, and a devout Keelai supremacist.

Avercco: Once a well loved frog, now an outcast prince.

Mudren Gude: A sniper with his sights on a future only he can see, and a blinded eye fixed forever on his past.

Joan Hawkwood: An explorer, stepping off the safe fields of theory and into the wilds of practice.

If I managed to miss someone, let me know. If you intend to publish a captain sheet, but have been delayed, yell at me and I'll give you a little more time.  Otherwise, a captain will be selected Sunday night or Monday morning.

@Spoon: The Rememberer was excluded for not having any fluff information.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Irony, I should probably warn that after looking over your sheet, it doesn't seem like you're finished it. I don't see any gear and you still have 2 more skills to choose. Please note, I'm not the Gm and as far as I know, he might be perfectly fine with this. I'm just giving you a friendly reminder.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Irony, I should probably warn that after looking over your sheet, it doesn't seem like you're finished it. I don't see any gear and you still have 2 more skills to choose. Please note, I'm not the Gm and as far as I know, he might be perfectly fine with this. I'm just giving you a friendly reminder.

Captains are picked, pretty much entirely, based on their fluff. IO will have to finish Lora up pretty fast if she gets selected, but a few missing cogs is no big deal as long as the character is on the page. Not as nice and clean, but it'll work.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Captains are picked, pretty much entirely, based on their fluff. IO will have to finish Lora up pretty fast if she gets selected, but a few missing cogs is no big deal as long as the character is on the page. Not as nice and clean, but it'll work.
I really should finish and maybe clean it up a bit anyway, but this is good to know.

Speaking of which, I should really check out the competition...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we get to vote, I vote for Joan.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we get to vote, I vote for Joan.

Nah. Well, you can, but it won't particularly effect the outcome.

It's stiff. Going to be a very tough pick.
---

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I'd vote for Lora Kal Gara. But it won't affect the outcome, as you said.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Just write really small. It takes some time to fill up a journal. 5 C.
Can Totally do that. Formatting powers, away!

...I feel somewhat self-centric for using 5c out of the party pool given that I'm 5c short.

It's stiff. Going to be a very tough pick.

If I've to vote (knowing that I don't vote myself), its a really hard pick. And I fully agree. x3

I do hope that all sheets submitted all get to play sometime in the future or such. It would be nice of having several parties on the hex-map for a final battle or something. :D

I really should finish and maybe clean it up a bit anyway, but this is good to know.

You can do this Irony! It's your niche! :))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I... I had a dream set in the Lighthouse universe last night.
The dream's main character was a stereotypical young hero kind of character (and a Lumomancer, I think), and there was a mage duel with an Arbitomancer.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

The dream's main character was a stereotypical young hero kind of character (and a Lumomancer, I think), and there was a mage duel with an Arbitomancer.
Niiiiice. And the game hasn't even begun yet. :D
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

So, you dreamt a cinematic intro/trailer sequence for the game? That's rather impressive, to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15