Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122155 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #1110 on: January 25, 2010, 05:39:29 pm »

Most of my original military went insane and jumped into a magma moat.
It started when one of my marksdwarves lost all of her shie- babies and got injured. She went insane to grief.
Now I'm left with an injured dwarf who's tantruming every other second and his lackey who's chillin' in the dining room. :)

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 25, 2010, 05:53:59 pm »

Legendary dining room is done and very popular, farm products processing floor is up and running save for a millstone, work is underway on he main farm products stockpile. After that's done, I'll build the fortress reservoir, then install the plumbing!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 25, 2010, 08:33:43 pm »

My DM just had a kid. I didn't even know she was married. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE WAS A SHE! Damn, I gotta keep better track of my nobles.

Edit: as a side note, this is the first time I've ever had a DM who had any friends, much less a husband. Even with one tile meeting zones, all my other DM's barely had a page of acquaintances.

Between good protection from snatchers, few accidents or "accidents", lots of married couples, and slow attrition of my adult workers I have 38 children and 6 babies (generally speaking, if you can make it past the baby-shield stage you have a good shot). I even have had a few child immigrant dwarves who grew up and are now married and shooting out little beards of their own. It's great, lever pulling tasks get assigned instantly and mass deconstruction designations are finished almost as fast as I order them.

Edit2: And just when the EEEP is done... the elves brought me a grizzly bear! And a giant flying jellyfish! And a wolf! Just what I always wanted. I'm still going to ignore their wood mandates, but I won't try to ignite war with them just yet.

Edit3: Randomly checking a dwarf, I find out the Philosopher has a lover. What's next, the hammerer falling for a cat lover?

Edit4:OMG! THE HAMMERER'S LOVER LIKES... Dimple cups for their soothing color. It's still a funny concept, you don't usually think of the hammerer as being the lover type.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:12:50 pm by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 25, 2010, 10:10:53 pm »

I was trying to destroy Martin's fort of Morul when, right at the final time, before the three blows were struck...

It smiled at me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I knew the spirit of the fort approved. Nobody survived.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 26, 2010, 12:56:23 am »

I was trying to destroy Martin's fort of Morul when, right at the final time, before the three blows were struck...

It smiled at me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I knew the spirit of the fort approved. Nobody survived.
Lol that's awesome.It's natural right?
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 26, 2010, 03:30:47 pm »

Kobold thief comes FINALLY. I put all of my squads on active duty, two of them are on the dining towers, firing through the fortifications, the other on the bridge. The kobold gets injured and falls unconscious. My champion guard goes out to meet the little kobold and proceed to toss him into the magma moat. :D
Besides that and the occasional goblin ambush(which results in at least 2 kills), nothing interesting happens in my fort. :(
I built a tower to pit animals and my goblin prisoner but it wasn't too interesting. :\

M.R. Siegal

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 26, 2010, 03:43:01 pm »

I had invasions turned off for a while.  I turn them back on and immediately get a few ambushes and a couple sieges.  One siege brings me the local leader that I capture in a cage trap (special punishment planned for him).  And then...nothing.  I haven't had an ambush or a siege in almost three game years.  I know invasions are still on, I get a couple kobold thieves every once in a while and I got a dragon the other day.  Just no goblins.  This unnerves me. The civ screen says they still have a king yet, surely I should be getting more sieges.

It's quiet out there.  Too quiet.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 26, 2010, 05:12:20 pm »

I had invasions turned off for a while.  I turn them back on and immediately get a few ambushes and a couple sieges.  One siege brings me the local leader that I capture in a cage trap (special punishment planned for him).  And then...nothing.  I haven't had an ambush or a siege in almost three game years.  I know invasions are still on, I get a couple kobold thieves every once in a while and I got a dragon the other day.  Just no goblins.  This unnerves me. The civ screen says they still have a king yet, surely I should be getting more sieges.

It's quiet out there.  Too quiet.

You have their local leader. Captured, near as I can tell, is the same as dead to them. Until he's back on the throne they won't siege much. Either wait it out (they will start again, eventually) or release him.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 26, 2010, 07:04:21 pm »

Digging an extravagent farming area. Then I get the migrant alert.

I'm like, oh wooo new slaves dwarves to move stuff around for me. Then I get "Urist Mcdwarf" has burned to death.

I zoom over to where the new migrants had come in, and there are 2 or 3 skeletal fire imps wreaking havoc among the migrants. 3 deaths, luckily 2 of the migrants were carrying axes and were able to put them into great use.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 26, 2010, 07:06:35 pm »

New artifact today. Only worth 18000☼, but it's my favorite artifact ever just on principle of its description.

Code: [Select]
This is a Chalk statue. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Pine and encircled with bands of Chalk.
On the item is an image of Utteredgranite the Bismuth bronze pitchfork in pheasant leather.
On the item is an image of Thikut Raysrooms the dwarf in llama leather. On the item is an image of three dead dwarf nobles in Iron.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 26, 2010, 07:55:20 pm »

I'm making a collection of legendary enemies. One of each weapon type.
So far I have:
2x Orc Axe Lord
Orc Pikemaster
Orc Macelord

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 26, 2010, 07:55:55 pm »

Waiting for magma to fill the space under my nice new magma workshops. that haven't had power for over a year. I'm starting to think I should have pressurized it with a pump, consequences be damned. But oh well.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 26, 2010, 08:19:57 pm »

New artifact today. Only worth 18000☼, but it's my favorite artifact ever just on principle of its description.

Code: [Select]
This is a Chalk statue. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Pine and encircled with bands of Chalk.
On the item is an image of Utteredgranite the Bismuth bronze pitchfork in pheasant leather.
On the item is an image of Thikut Raysrooms the dwarf in llama leather. On the item is an image of three dead dwarf nobles in Iron.

Clearly this goes in the king's room. Beside his bed.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:32:44 pm by jokermatt999 »

Flaming Monkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 26, 2010, 08:59:28 pm »

Currently going though the weekly removal of undead creatures from the map.  So far I've killed 20 Skeletal/Zombie Giant Eagles and a whole mess of Skeletal/Zombie Mountain Goats.  WHY WON'T THEY END.

endimiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 27, 2010, 04:03:13 pm »

Started another fortress in a haunted forest playing as vanilla humans on an aquifer map with the only mods being orcs and trainable horses. Lets see how long will they last (hopefully until next release)
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 3842