Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3834 3835 [3836]

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5872029 times)

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #57525 on: April 03, 2024, 10:47:47 am »

Bringing the population to 829

What are your fps like?
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57526 on: April 03, 2024, 12:00:54 pm »

Bringing the population to 829

What are your fps like?

I've now added it to my sig line  ;)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57527 on: April 08, 2024, 09:52:51 pm »

Two years have passed in the Town of Coldness and I am trying to figure out what style to write the third year in.  Go back to season by season with first person, continue month by month with third person, or somewhat else?   And the elfs should show up in spring.  I hope they bring some interesting fruits and plants and such. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #57528 on: April 11, 2024, 08:39:36 pm »

In a world with 53 years of gameplay, I reclaimed an old fortress one spring. The following summer, an all-goblin performance troupe visits, and not only are the rocking (ha) rock crafts and a steel axe made in prior forts, but two of them are currently "hauling" goblin body parts. Who knows what the story is there...
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57529 on: April 12, 2024, 10:44:39 am »

Were any of the performers missing body parts?

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #57530 on: April 15, 2024, 08:57:52 pm »

They were not! Perfectly healthy as far as I could tell, so those limbs aren't their own. I've heard of visiting scholars hauling books, but this is odd.
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #57531 on: April 15, 2024, 09:04:05 pm »

I just witnessed I think the most epic military campaign I've ever seen in dwarf fortress LOL
I have a custom goblin race it's pretty much vanilla goblins with a  of little bit of changes here and there but I sent 220 of them into another goblin city of over 10,000 and they snuck in unnoticed and proceeded to steal every single thing in the city LOL 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Without counting every single line it looks to be like at least a hundred or so maybe less books, kind of crazy

I mean sure 220 new faces  leaving with gigantic bulging pockets seems legit LOL 😍♥️🙏🤣

Then quickly followed by the lamest thing I've ever seen upon the entire military force getting back to the fort the game crashed then when I reloaded the game they came back within moments of the game loading and they didn't complete the mission this time and half of them are missing good game df ....... Good game

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57532 on: April 16, 2024, 02:16:24 am »

They were not! Perfectly healthy as far as I could tell, so those limbs aren't their own. I've heard of visiting scholars hauling books, but this is odd.
Gobbos don't have the same anti-cannibalism ethics as dwarves, in fact, they consider it a "Personal matter."  They also similarly view making a trophy of a member of their own race simply "Acceptable."

So there's nothing in the ethics of gobbos that would prevent some off-site event where they just decided to pick up random body parts of gobbos.

I wonder why we don't see elves hauling body parts, though, because they share that trait of considering it "Acceptable," the game's term, to eat sapients slain in battle.  Maybe because those knife-eared shits are too weak to haul anything, including body parts.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57533 on: April 16, 2024, 07:02:17 am »

The ethics for eating sapients and making trophies from sapients would not result in people hauling around body parts. Besides, goblins don't actually eat people because the ethic needs to be set to acceptable or required for that to happen.

Goldbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57534 on: April 17, 2024, 07:53:53 pm »

Something must have happened off-map, as a young dwarf who wasn't before is now King Consort. His Wife isn't in the fort (and never was); his Lover is, which is awkward, but oh well. I don't usually chase getting the Monarch, but I think I will now, and see how it goes. If I can do it quick enough I'll get her retinue in before the population cap, but we'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 3834 3835 [3836]