Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3647 3648 [3649] 3650 3651 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6119935 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54720 on: March 08, 2020, 12:16:40 am »

I've since appointed the hammerer to a one-dwarf squad and assigned him an artifact adamantine wiffle bat one of the moody weaponsmiths was kind enough to make. Hopefully he'll use his service weapon for beatings.
Actually, hammerers will never use their service weapon for beatings. They'll go find a new different one.

Well Damn. Not sure how I'll get him to use the wiffle bat then. Hopefully we don't have too many hammerings to hand out but...

I just assigned every dwarf in the fort to be interviewed. All of them. There have been multiple plots to steal our trinkets and infiltrate our government, but fort residents dont seem to get named nearly often enough. So everybody is getting interviewed, and hopefully a few will spill the beans. unfortunately with citizen interviews no matter what crime I use as the basis of the interview it's always "no new pertinent information was revealed" and never leads to new reports. Even if the subject was named in relation to the crime.

I did send Ineth the Bull and a couple wrestlers off to conquer a far-away goblin-controlled site along with all the wardogs in the fort. They succeeded, but it didn't even start a war, which is partly what I was hoping for. Good news is Ineth won't go insane and die in the fort here, so her weird bullshit legacy will live on, at least for now.

I also got the elf diplomat to propose a tree cutting quota this year. And as soon as he left I chopped down a quarter of the trees on the map, just to make sure we get that war started. I'm bored, after all. The guards and first two militia sqauds have all reached the point where they're starting to become weapon masters, so I'm going to start splitting them up to train rookie squads for raids.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:20:39 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54721 on: March 09, 2020, 03:08:11 pm »

The humans brought some odd things.  Caged snails, tamed hedgehogs, and a barrel of potential...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54722 on: March 09, 2020, 05:46:38 pm »

I sent a squad to recover an artifact and the mission ended with a blank report. I sent them again and again the mission ended with a blank report. But this time they never re-entered the map.

They're stuck forever in limbo, aren't they?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54723 on: March 09, 2020, 05:50:18 pm »

I sent a squad to recover an artifact and the mission ended with a blank report. I sent them again and again the mission ended with a blank report. But this time they never re-entered the map.

They're stuck forever in limbo, aren't they?
Yes. They might show up later randomly, but don't hold your breath.

Incidentally, artifacts held by histfigs are unrecoverable. Toady announced this on release and nothing's changed since.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54724 on: March 10, 2020, 11:33:09 pm »

Half the fortress are worshippers of "Athir the Ultimate", the modestly named goddess of thralldom. Some are members of her religion "The Ultimate Faith". Others are happy to hang around in the temple dedicated to her, "The Sanctum of God". The visiting prophet who's also hanging out there informs me that "Athir is happy".

Sheesh, I can see this getting out of hand quickly...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54725 on: March 11, 2020, 05:45:29 am »

Half the fortress are worshippers of "Athir the Ultimate", the modestly named goddess of thralldom. Some are members of her religion "The Ultimate Faith". Others are happy to hang around in the temple dedicated to her, "The Sanctum of God". The visiting prophet who's also hanging out there informs me that "Athir is happy".

please send updates on how this plays out. The good news is they won’t get confused about which deity to pray to for what amount of time, as they have decided

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54726 on: March 11, 2020, 06:31:06 am »

please send updates on how this plays out. The good news is they won’t get confused about which deity to pray to for what amount of time, as they have decided
In a future version I can see this being the beautiful start to fortress-wide religious persecution of the minor religions. Not expecting too much here.

Well, unless someone goes beserk anyway. Her list of vampire and werebeast curses is quite formidable.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54727 on: March 11, 2020, 07:00:06 am »

That's funny, in one of my 0.47 forts I got half the fort worshipping a god of thralldom too.

It seems that religion spheres are not working ? Though I hear it's been fixed in the latest version.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54728 on: March 11, 2020, 08:51:14 am »

That's funny, in one of my 0.47 forts I got half the fort worshipping a god of thralldom too.

It seems that religion spheres are not working ? Though I hear it's been fixed in the latest version.
Should dorfs not worship thralldom?

47.04 improved religion yes, previously dorfs were turning up worshipping all 50 of their civs gods. Which was a little hard to manage. Bit easier now.

emeraldemon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54729 on: March 11, 2020, 11:04:37 am »

My largest guild is animal caretakers.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54730 on: March 11, 2020, 02:00:00 pm »

After a good deal of Adventure Mode and a good deal of dead adventurers, I deemed it high time I raise a proper fort in the new release cycle. As usual, my first priority was a world-cleansing magma drive, and just now the grand pumpstack had its first firing.

I had hoped for a live target, but my timing was ill; the last goblin siege had long since broken against the will of my soldiers. Too impatient to wait for another attack, I contented myself with incinerating their corpses.

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #54731 on: March 11, 2020, 02:55:10 pm »

After a good deal of Adventure Mode and a good deal of dead adventurers, I deemed it high time I raise a proper fort in the new release cycle. As usual, my first priority was a world-cleansing magma drive, and just now the grand pumpstack had its first firing.

I had hoped for a live target, but my timing was ill; the last goblin siege had long since broken against the will of my soldiers. Too impatient to wait for another attack, I contented myself with incinerating their corpses.

Looks like a good first firing.  I'm curious to see how you scale it up larger from there.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54732 on: March 11, 2020, 07:31:54 pm »

Eventually I'd like to have a stack in place at each of the four towers. The current structure is capable of distributing magma from any of twelve different directions, thanks to my trusty "firegate" system

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but the flow is limited somewhat at the corners, especially soon after a full drainage. Even one more stack at the southeast corner would speed things tremendously.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54733 on: March 11, 2020, 11:13:17 pm »

The farmers guild is open to all visitors.

Right now the outpost liaison is in there teaching beekeeping to a goblin thief and an elven poet. So that's working Ok, I guess.

--
And today a Goblin Beast Hunter Empty Slayer is demonstrating the fine art of butchery. To the same crowd as above. Guilds are very interesting once you open them up to visitors. Just wish my dorfs would take an interest.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:19:07 am by Shonai_Dweller »

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54734 on: March 13, 2020, 05:39:10 am »

I am continually amazed that this thread is still alive 13 years later.
Pages: 1 ... 3647 3648 [3649] 3650 3651 ... 3842