Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3461 3462 [3463] 3464 3465 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6092323 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #51930 on: March 27, 2018, 05:33:14 pm »

Not vampire?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51931 on: March 27, 2018, 05:37:38 pm »

Not vampire?
There's a bug where if a dwarf of your civ was spying under a false identity when the game picks him to be migrated to your fortress, he retains his false name and job description. The rest of his background is usually real though.

Might be a vampire too of course, they often become mayors. Legends will have all the info recorded.

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51932 on: March 27, 2018, 05:38:36 pm »

I didn't have any indication he was a vampire. I haven't found any dead bodies and he didn't seem especially old. He even had a spouse and children.

He was the former member of The Perplexing Fountain, which I think is just the group name of the people at whatever site he was at before.

His eldest daughter and wife are also in the fortress.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51933 on: March 27, 2018, 05:40:38 pm »

I didn't have any indication he was a vampire. I haven't found any dead bodies and he didn't seem especially old. He even had a spouse and children.

He was the former member of The Perplexing Fountain, which I think is just the group name of the people at whatever site he was at before.

His eldest daughter and wife are also in the fortress.
What does Legends say?
You'll notice that in the 'relationships' list for his wife, it'll have his real name (and I think his fake name in her thoughts).

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51934 on: March 27, 2018, 05:50:59 pm »

Is there a way to get into legends without copying my save to retire my fortress?

In fortress view, on her relationships screen, she has him listed as Itlud.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #51935 on: March 27, 2018, 06:35:22 pm »

The monster slayers that entered the caverns a while ago have found some troglodyte and trolls to kill. One of the slayers, an Elite Crossbowman, is engaged in a battle with a troglodyte. Very easy - until the slayer passed out from exhaustion and the troglodyte wrestled off his helm and started to punch him in the head.

I've pulled all of my civilians out of the caverns except one, who is pasturing a poult. I'm hoping some creatures will path to the poult and fall into cage traps.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51936 on: March 27, 2018, 06:55:46 pm »

Is there a way to get into legends without copying my save to retire my fortress?

If you have DFHack, yeah
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51937 on: March 27, 2018, 07:17:55 pm »

Like Jazz Cat pointed out, dfhack can help. Enter 'open-legends' into either the main dfhack window or the in-game prompt (ctrl+shift+p) and it should open legends. If you export info while a fort is active, there's a good chance that your fort's population might not be tracked. Most of the time it'll show up as the letter μ (meaning it's a ruin).

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51938 on: March 27, 2018, 08:24:19 pm »

So I just looked up my mayor...

It looks like about 20 years ago, he took on his current identity when spying on the human civilization that I trade with. He was pretending to be a member of that civilization.
He then married his wife, but went on to go back to the human town and formed a number of 'false friendships'. Then he settled in a dwarven settlement and seems to have generally rejoined Dwarven society, but never re-assumed his old identity.

So uh... maybe he met his wife under the false name and just... never told her about his past?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #51939 on: March 27, 2018, 08:30:12 pm »

All that time she was living a lie. She thought he was a mysterious and tenebrous human expatriate, but actually he was just a random Urist McPeasant whose lies has spiralled out of control. She'll probably won't look at their children the same ever again.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51940 on: March 27, 2018, 09:12:20 pm »

I think he just got caught up going undercover as a human and now he's having trouble shaking the role.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51941 on: March 27, 2018, 09:34:27 pm »

Ah, interesting. Might be a vampire then. Yeah, you can use Dfhack, but if not, Dwarf Fortress is tiny compared to any modern software, just go ahead and copy/paste the whole thing.

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51942 on: March 27, 2018, 09:52:00 pm »

Maybe coming to the fortress was a form of retirement for him, and he got elected mayor due to political favors from his old spying work. I honestly don't think his wife will ever know, but the baroness probably does.

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51943 on: March 28, 2018, 04:29:11 am »

OK; so the above-ground fort for my fort is complete, so I have some nice; safe Sheep eating grass and giving me meat; milk and wool.

That's the basics sorted; now it's time to dig down and find some metals...

Oh dear.

It seems all the metals at my site are either non-weapon/Armour grade... or Silver. There's a fairly ridiculous amount of Silver actually. Native; Horn and Galeta.

So... my military is kitted in Leather; Bone and Silver Maces; and I either need to hope for Goblins [Who I embarked near but they're not showing up on my civ screen] or slowly buy whatever the Dwarves bring. Thing is; Silver is more valuable that most metals; so ++FUN++ should be attracted. To my fort that cannot even make a copper boot. I already have had a visit from a Cyclops. Also the migrant waves are more like migrant Tsunamis. Apparently everyone wants to live in my Silver Mine.

Also I had an entire squad of 7 Human visitors show up at once. All military. Perhaps if they join for soldering they can be my military.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:38:04 am by Raikaria »

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51944 on: March 28, 2018, 04:45:08 am »

Watch those human visitors. They might be after your artifacts. I hope your inn is kept separate from the rest of your fortress somewhat.

You might want to raid one of the smaller goblin sites to provoke them, though if you do, make sure you're ready to repel a large siege.
Pages: 1 ... 3461 3462 [3463] 3464 3465 ... 3842