Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3378 3379 [3380] 3381 3382 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101445 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50685 on: September 25, 2017, 07:53:52 pm »

That's an excellent question  ;D I was like WTF!? In the raws the creature is apparently based on dragons and is even called a blue dragon at some point so I guess the dragonfire attack was carried over. Or maybe his temperature was high enough to set stuff on fire ? I am not sure...

Post dem raws.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50686 on: September 25, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »

I set up some beds in the vampire feeding area meeting hall, and ordered 30 copper sarcophagus to be made.

Now waiting for vampire food migrants.

Anandar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50687 on: September 25, 2017, 10:47:33 pm »

Second wave of migrants consisted of 2 novice rangers... the first one goes on anhunt and BAM werelizard... every bolt fired missed and the werelizard just kept biting and ripping muscle and tendon from the bones... then reverted back to human form freaked at the bloody mess of dead dwarf and bolted... until the slab and crypt are done the bridge is stayimg up... dont need freaked out dwarfs....

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50688 on: September 26, 2017, 02:53:24 am »

That's an excellent question  ;D I was like WTF!? In the raws the creature is apparently based on dragons and is even called a blue dragon at some point so I guess the dragonfire attack was carried over. Or maybe his temperature was high enough to set stuff on fire ? I am not sure...

Post dem raws.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:DRAGON_BLUE]
[CREATURE_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES][DESCRIPTION:A gigantic reptilian creature.  It is magical and can breath freezing ice.  These monsters can live for thousands of years.]
[NAME:frost wyrm:frost wyrms:frost wyrm]
[CASTE_NAME:frost wyrm:frost wyrms:frost wyrm]
[CREATURE_TILE:165][COLOR:1:3:0]
[PETVALUE:10000]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:711:521:293:1900:2900] 30 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:5951:5419:4898:1463:6944:8233] 6 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:5951:5419:4898:1463:6944:8233] 6 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph700]
waspet  [PET_EXOTIC][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING]
[TRAINABLE]
wasmount
[BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[FREQUENCY:100]7]
[FANCIFUL]
[TRAPAVOID]
[MEGABEAST][CAN_SPEAK][POWER][SPHERE:AGRICULTURE][SPHERE:ANIMALS][SPHERE:ART][SPHERE:BALANCE][SPHERE:BEAUTY][SPHERE:BIRTH][SPHERE:BLIGHT][SPHERE:BOUNDARIES][SPHERE:CAVERNS][SPHERE:CHAOS][SPHERE:CHARITY][SPHERE:CHILDREN][SPHERE:COASTS][SPHERE:CONSOLATION][SPHERE:COURAGE][SPHERE:CRAFTS][SPHERE:CREATION][SPHERE:DANCE][SPHERE:DARKNESS][SPHERE:DAWN][SPHERE:DAY][SPHERE:DEATH][SPHERE:DEFORMITY][SPHERE:DEPRAVITY][SPHERE:DISCIPLINE][SPHERE:DISEASE][SPHERE:DREAMS][SPHERE:DUSK][SPHERE:DUTY][SPHERE:EARTH][SPHERE:FAMILY][SPHERE:FAME][SPHERE:FATE][SPHERE:FERTILITY][SPHERE:FESTIVALS][SPHERE:FIRE][SPHERE:FISH][SPHERE:FISHING][SPHERE:FOOD][SPHERE:FORGIVENESS][SPHERE:FORTRESSES][SPHERE:FREEDOM][SPHERE:GAMBLING][SPHERE:GAMES][SPHERE:GENEROSITY][SPHERE:HAPPINESS][SPHERE:HEALING][SPHERE:HOSPITALITY][SPHERE:HUNTING][SPHERE:INSPIRATION][SPHERE:JEALOUSY][SPHERE:JEWELS][SPHERE:JUSTICE][SPHERE:LABOR][SPHERE:LAKES][SPHERE:LAWS][SPHERE:LIES][SPHERE:LIGHT][SPHERE:LIGHTNING][SPHERE:LONGEVITY][SPHERE:LOVE][SPHERE:LOYALTY][SPHERE:LUCK][SPHERE:LUST][SPHERE:MARRIAGE][SPHERE:MERCY][SPHERE:METALS][SPHERE:MINERALS][SPHERE:MISERY][SPHERE:MIST][SPHERE:MOON][SPHERE:MOUNTAINS][SPHERE:MUCK][SPHERE:MURDER][SPHERE:MUSIC][SPHERE:NATURE][SPHERE:NIGHT][SPHERE:NIGHTMARES][SPHERE:OATHS][SPHERE:OCEANS][SPHERE:ORDER][SPHERE:PAINTING][SPHERE:PEACE][SPHERE:PERSUASION][SPHERE:PLANTS][SPHERE:POETRY][SPHERE:PREGNANCY][SPHERE:RAIN][SPHERE:RAINBOWS][SPHERE:REBIRTH][SPHERE:REVELRY][SPHERE:REVENGE][SPHERE:RIVERS][SPHERE:RULERSHIP][SPHERE:RUMORS][SPHERE:SACRIFICE][SPHERE:SALT][SPHERE:SCHOLARSHIP][SPHERE:SEASONS][SPHERE:SILENCE][SPHERE:SKY][SPHERE:SONG][SPHERE:SPEECH][SPHERE:STARS][SPHERE:STORMS][SPHERE:STRENGTH][SPHERE:SUICIDE][SPHERE:SUN][SPHERE:THEFT][SPHERE:THRALLDOM][SPHERE:THUNDER][SPHERE:TORTURE][SPHERE:TRADE][SPHERE:TRAVELERS][SPHERE:TREACHERY][SPHERE:TREES][SPHERE:TRICKERY][SPHERE:TRUTH][SPHERE:TWILIGHT][SPHERE:VALOR][SPHERE:VICTORY][SPHERE:VOLCANOS][SPHERE:WAR][SPHERE:WATER][SPHERE:WEALTH][SPHERE:WEATHER][SPHERE:WIND][SPHERE:WISDOM][SPHERE:WRITING][SPHERE:YOUTH][CREATURE_CLASS:MEGABEAST][LAIR:SIMPLE_BURROW:100][DIFFICULTY:10][CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:3]
[ATTACK_TRIGGER:30:0:100000]
[SPHERE:FIRE]
[SPHERE:WEALTH]
--CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM]
[NOFEAR][NOPAIN][NOEXERT]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
[LIKES_FIGHTING]

[BONECARN]
*removed since the reward system does not exist anymore ITEMCORPSE:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DRAGON_CORPSE:INORGANIC:BLANK_MEGABEAST]
[PREFSTRING:terrible majesty]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:QUADRUPED_JOINTS:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]*was soul system EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_TYPE:THOUGHT  EBO_ITEM:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SOUL:STRUCTURAL
[BODYGLOSS:CLAW_FOOT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE] --dragon-class.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEATHER:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FAT:FAT_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PARCHMENT:PARCHMENT_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GIZZARD:GIZZARD_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HARDENED_LEATHER:HARDENED_LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CARTILAGE:CARTILAGE_TEMPLATE]
--USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TOOTH:TOOTH_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EYE:EYE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NERVE:NERVE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BRAIN:BRAIN_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LUNG:LUNG_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HEART:HEART_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LIVER:LIVER_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GUT:GUT_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STOMACH:STOMACH_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PANCREAS:PANCREAS_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SPLEEN:SPLEEN_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:KIDNEY:KIDNEY_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TALLOW:TALLOW_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GENITALIA:GENITALIA_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_NAME:dragonscale:NP]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TOOTH:TOOTH_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TOOTH:TOOTH_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TALON:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TALON:TALON_TEMPLATE]

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:TOOTH]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ICEBREATH:COLDBREATH_TEMPLATE]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray juice]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:BODY]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ICEBREATH:TRAILING_GAS_FLOW]
[CDI:VERB:breath ice:breathes ice:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:300]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[SELECT_TISSUE:SKIN][RELATIVE_THICKNESS:6] --boost its toughness.
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:800000]
[BODY_SIZE:100:0:25000000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3][ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3][ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:claw:claws]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:WILLPOWER:3000:3500:3750:4000:4250:4500:5000]
[LAIR:SIMPLE_BURROW:100]
[LAIR_HUNTER]
[HABIT_NUM:TEST_ALL]
[HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH:100]
[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:RANGED_COMBAT:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:6]
[SWIMS_INNATE]2500]
[HOMEOTHERM:10040]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AZURE:1:AQUA:1:COBALT:1:CERULEAN:1:MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:15]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
[MELTING_POINT:5000]

There you go.
I'm not used to looking at those, but I searched in all the raw folder for "wyrm" with VS Code and that was the only match for a creature which had the exact description I got in the announcement when it entered the map, so I'm pretty sure it's the one.
This is from Amostubal's Modified Masterwork 1.29

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50689 on: September 26, 2017, 03:20:58 am »

I lost the insane vampire child save.
Because the save file always crashed at a certain point of time so I reloaded a backup save.

csparrow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50690 on: September 26, 2017, 05:02:12 am »

I played around with the raws to make 'human' fortress, and I've discovered quite a bit about the long men. Including that if I leave them to their own devices in the tavern they will drink themselves until they choke on their own vomit and die. Despite their size they can't hold their alcohol quite like a dwarf can.
But it is increasingly frustrating when it is your military and medical men whom you use just maybe not all the time. 2 doctors and 3 bowmen later and I have converted the tavern into a temple. Maybe some prayer will do them better.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50691 on: September 26, 2017, 06:39:23 am »

Helmsthrone, Early Autumn, 316.

Phew. That was... intense.

Ninth autumn began as usual, with a siege from the goblin civ The Bad Curses. This time it seemed they might be already scraping the bottom of the invader barrel as only 35 unarmed and unarmored Human Recruits appeared. No challenge for the weapon lords then, they could simply walk over the confused humans while they frantically tried to dodge crossbow fire from the ramparts. Just as the siege broke, reports came up that a Cave Crocodile was mauling web collectors down in the first cavern.

The militia squads rushed downstairs, and while they were chasing the errant reptile and her friends, a new alert was sounded. Momuz, a web-spewing rock pterodactyl was approaching the entrance in the second cavern, and for some reason all the fort's valuable metalsmiths and craftsdwarves had just decided to have a picnic down there. There was no choice but to throw the marksdwarves at the beast to delay it, possibly sacrificing all of them.

To everyone's surprise the monster was defeated with a single shot. Edëm Cavecrewed, the militia captain, winged it with a bronze bolt right when it was flying over a magma pipe; the beast plunged right in, was incinerated and disappeared in the magma flow. Edëm didn't even get a confimed kill from her shot.

While the situation in both caverns had finally been resolved and the militia members were making their way back up, something odd was happening in the surface. A passing mercenary was getting the snot kicked out of him by seemingly empty air. This could mean only only thing: a werebeast attack... and it was happening way too near to the area where dozens of dwarves were busy hauling goblinite from the siege. No rest for the militia, then; once more they were ordered into defensive positions.

Just when the defenders got back to surface, the mysterious presence revealed itself as Zolak Tickshorrors, a werewombat. Luckily it had stopped to busy itself with some war dogs instead of plunging right into the massed ranks of haulers right next to it. Militia stepped in just as the last dog was ripped to shreds and gave the werebeast a good ol' Helmsthrone welcome.

Battle with the werewombat had only just begun when yet another warning was sent: Ettin Ete had appeared at the border. This time things were different: all soldiers were already at the surface and nicely warmed up from all the fighting. They finished up with the werebeast and jogged leisurely to repel the two-headed brute, cutting it down with practiced ease. All in a day's work, no dwarves lost, no injuries or infections. Finally the heroes could get a hot meal and some sleep.

Lessons learned: Helmsthrone definitely needs to get more militia squads. One melee and one marksdwarf squad might not be enough when the game decides again to throw everything at the fort all at the same time.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50692 on: September 26, 2017, 10:53:02 am »

Continuing my Bloodline project.

Silvermoon outpost is inspired by Fleeting Frames’ suggestion to make one of the early forts for marriage and love and see if you get any kids while they're offsite for decades. It went well until I realized I used the 2nd dwarf civilization.  But since I am near complete for the the year, I will just spin the tale about this foreign occupation of The Guild of Swamps into The Primitive Silver territory.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50693 on: September 26, 2017, 05:03:46 pm »

@ThoMeuhGal:
Well, Ctrl+F "fire" reveals it is associated with [SPHERE:FIRE]???

If I recall correctly, creatures with sphere association could get the secret(s) associated with that sphere, and I think masterwork did have some fire mages. Haven't modded things, so take with a spoon of salt though.

@Staalo: Sometimes, the RNG throws the kitchen sink. Nice story!

Momuz certainly must have raised heartbeat a bit.

Now, till your additional squads are ready, you could use ordering individual soldiers to only send as many warriors as a threat needs. 35 untrained humans or an ettin can be killed by a single warrior with maybe another as backup, after all.

@Sanctume:

Hm, what do you base the names on? They sound vaguely hispanic.

And I've screwed up civ pick too many times to count >_>

Well, shame you didn't get any children born before year was over. Good try, though.

End population would be...what, 14? Maybe post screenshots/3dview map?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50694 on: September 26, 2017, 05:56:01 pm »

@Sanctume:

Hm, what do you base the names on? They sound vaguely hispanic.

And I've screwed up civ pick too many times to count >_>

Well, shame you didn't get any children born before year was over. Good try, though.

End population would be...what, 14? Maybe post screenshots/3dview map?

I try to work on a list of 3, 4, and 5 letter names, then apply the rule.
I have some screen shots but will check mifki's app. 

Spoiler: Dwarf Naming Rule (click to show/hide)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50695 on: September 26, 2017, 07:13:32 pm »

Ah, I see. I saw the rule earlier, but thought you would simply append letters to names like "Urista".

All you need to do to use the app is to paste single line into dfhack console and copy the output link. Simpler than downloading DF, even.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50696 on: September 26, 2017, 07:26:56 pm »

The duke was utterly traumatized by a lesser's pretentious sleeping arrangements lately.

Sodel Konosotam, duke is throwing a tantrum!
The duke attacks The Dwarf Metalsmith vampire but She rolls away!
The Dwarf Metalsmith vampire stands up.
The duke strikes at The Dwarf Metalsmith vampire but the shot is blocked!
The duke strikes at The Dwarf Metalsmith vampire but the shot is blocked!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:34:05 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50697 on: September 27, 2017, 01:07:28 am »

@ThoMeuhGal:
Well, Ctrl+F "fire" reveals it is associated with [SPHERE:FIRE]???

If I recall correctly, creatures with sphere association could get the secret(s) associated with that sphere, and I think masterwork did have some fire mages. Haven't modded things, so take with a spoon of salt though.

I'm not sure about sphere associations, but I did disable the *Mancers mod which add the pyromancy secret + I disabled secrets in worldgen (set it to 0). (I just wanted to limit the things I encountered in this fort and wanted to fight plain and simple ennemies and experiment with my military).

Its body temperature is also set correctly like a reptilian, a bit lower than a dwarf body temperature so that's not it.

It is apparently supposed to spit ice stuff but I did not notice it in the combat logs. It did use its other physical attacks (claws, etc.). Maybe the ice spitting stuff is bugged and I should report it to the Masterwork forum.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50698 on: September 27, 2017, 01:17:06 am »

Now, till your additional squads are ready, you could use ordering individual soldiers to only send as many warriors as a threat needs. 35 untrained humans or an ettin can be killed by a single warrior with maybe another as backup, after all.

I'm thinking of just pressing maybe two more soldiers into service and splitting the existing squads into smaller squads of two or three. Luckily there's no shortage of qualified militia material, with all these supersoldier immigrants coming in. I'm intentionally keeping the amount of military personnel low in this small fort, as all hands count as workforce.

Completely unrelated, what has happened to three year old Tun Rosylanced? Every single part in her body reads as bruised or dented, including all her fingers and toes, mouth, lips... everything. Combat reports tell me she took part in dwarfpiling a Cave Crocodile some while ago, but as far as I can tell she sustained no injuries there. Crocodile bites tend to look different anyway.

I'm stumped. What could have made her look like she was stuck in a cement mixer for a while? Repeated falls? A mild syndrome? Being stealthily nibbled by small unseen creatures?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:31:35 am by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50699 on: September 27, 2017, 03:51:39 am »

Well, you can even just hand out preferred weapon/replace clothes to experienced soldiers, tbh, and let legendary dodger take care of defence. They won't need more training, I think.

I'd check for syndrome with gui/gm-editor first.
Pages: 1 ... 3378 3379 [3380] 3381 3382 ... 3842