Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3263 3264 [3265] 3266 3267 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120850 times)

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #48960 on: December 09, 2016, 04:15:59 pm »

I'm sorry I drew a dwarf with a giant fluffy bee hat and little bee pins woven into his beard wearing bee slippers and a pennant that said buzzzzzz buzzzz and then I accidentally threw it away.

Please imagine it.

ill redraw this digitally later, i just wanted to show it while it was still relevant.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/21948658/

Brilliant.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48961 on: December 09, 2016, 07:13:56 pm »

I'm sorry I drew a dwarf with a giant fluffy bee hat and little bee pins woven into his beard wearing bee slippers and a pennant that said buzzzzzz buzzzz and then I accidentally threw it away.

Please imagine it.

ill redraw this digitally later, i just wanted to show it while it was still relevant.

Beetiful
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48962 on: December 09, 2016, 09:43:48 pm »

Please imagine it.

Beetiful

This has brought joy back into my life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48963 on: December 10, 2016, 08:30:37 am »

The Elves attacked with full force, it seemed.
There were about a hundreds of them, with war tigers, lions, rhinos and camels.

Lost two dorfs in the melee squads.

Edit*
Well, the two died from old age. So we didn't lost a single dorf that day.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 09:22:59 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #48964 on: December 10, 2016, 09:16:55 am »

The Elves attacked with full force, it seemed.
There were about a hundreds of them, with war tigers, lions, rhinos and camels.

Lost two dorfs in the melee squads.

gg no re (due to current mechanics)
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48965 on: December 10, 2016, 09:34:20 am »

Getting worried about my military strength... a year in, and created wealth mounting...

In other news,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarven black humour.
One wheel short of a wagon

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48966 on: December 11, 2016, 12:24:14 am »

The Queen, an ex-marksdwarf, has had a rather long run of mandating quivers from my poor leatherworker, "Boss".  This unfortunate fellow was the expedition leader until a more popular dwarf took over as mayor.  The young Queen, a mere migrant, was announced not long after that due to an unfortunate duel taking the life of the King back at the Mountainhome.  Boss did achieve a measure of fame as a Grand Master leatherworker through one of the fort's early moods.

"Yes your majesty, right away your majesty," for this one-time expedition leader, over and over and over again, for 5-6 years now.  I began to think there was a story there - a young woman asserting her authority, and she with her old training demanding a new detail here, the clasp adjusted just so there, handing him designs on the back of napkins for the mechanical arrowhead-attaching device to auto-select the proper arrowhead for the job (and would a boxing-glove arrow fit, or would that be silly?  No, your majesty...).  Sadly, for all his skill, he's rarely produced a masterwork quiver, and never for her that I recall.

Just now the Queen had a fey mood.  She claimed the Leatherworker shop, and behold - Ingtakfoker, a dog leather quiver.  It sits in the workshop next to the last quiver my expedition leader made, a shabby affair of mere superior craft.  I imagine she flipped the table upon seeing it and decided to show him how it was done!   Amusingly I wondered if she too was now a legendary leatherworker, perhaps surpassing him.  She could take over as head Leatherworker satisfying her own mandates and relegating Boss into further obscurity; but a small saving grace for him - she mooded on Tanner.  I say small, because I assume she will now continue to torment him with further quiver requests, "and use Ingtakfoker as a guide this time, mind you!"

The quiver is a rather cool one, with a lot of black bronze bands, spikes, and what not.  Of interest is an image of Rigoth Viperposts - this is the former king that died, accepting a duel with the goblins and finding himself outmatched by the goblin's human champion, a 10 year old boy.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48967 on: December 11, 2016, 04:56:09 am »

I'm sure he was big for a ten year old.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #48968 on: December 11, 2016, 08:27:32 am »

I haven't played df  for a long time and was under the impression that sieges didn't really happen anymore. So I built a fort that was  doing well ltos of food and booze dug to the caverns at the start and was enjoying butchering giant toads and elk birds that kept coming up from the caverns. i had a small 8 man military with middling skills and mostly copper armor and bronze axes. I was in the process of upgrading to bronze armor. Then about 40 goblins 15 beak dogs and a few trolls showed up and ate my fort alive. I didn't even have front doors or traps.

New fort barley started yet only about 15ish dwarves no metal yet or military. A thief somehow sneaks in and steals two pigtail ropes and a axe. in year 2 a wereape twisted into human form shows up and rips apart a fisherdwarf and a ranger and is currently tearing another fisher dwarf apart.  My "military" chased it off when it returned to human form. The dwarf survived with crushed arms a broken spine and  other injuries but he was bitten so i walled him in where he lay outside my fort for the good of the rest of us.

Seems I was wrong df is just as fun as always.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:48:06 am by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Fox Mulder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48969 on: December 11, 2016, 10:55:40 am »

Them bloody wererapes...
I want to believe

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #48970 on: December 11, 2016, 04:49:33 pm »

Them bloody wererapes...

New fort and another wereape made it in and i completely failed to notice. The world is full of them! I have no idea who has been bitten so I'm walling off the entire corpse filled dining room. I went from 44 dwarves to 13 and almost all my animals are dead. My stockpiles are upstairs as are a few military dwarves who aren't infected!

http://imgur.com/a/ZQyBg

Edit: 7 left now finally managed to construct a wall without someone dying. Thankfully i got a wave of migrants! It was exactly one dwarf, a miller. Whee.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:02:46 pm by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48971 on: December 11, 2016, 07:38:31 pm »

So much blood....

At least you already have a small squad to take on the FBs and other syndromic beasts with, though.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48972 on: December 12, 2016, 01:26:34 am »

It seems narrow bridges with training weapon traps don't work against zombies, because they lost the ability to dodge in recent version.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48973 on: December 12, 2016, 02:12:52 am »

I've never really bothered with decorating things, but I decided to give it a go and it's quite fun letting the dwarfs choose an image and sew leather and cloth patched on to everything.  I also inlay with bone and shells.  One day my bone carver generates a masterful enhancement.  I look at it and it contains an image of her and some dwarfs.  The dwarfs are rejecting her and she looks confused.  It relates to the time when she was replaced as militia commander .I don't even remember having her as a militia commander -- it must have been a fat fingered slip up that I corrected quickly.  She obviously remembered it though!  At least she was very pleased with having created the image :-)  Next opening I think she has just won the job!

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48974 on: December 12, 2016, 04:04:33 am »

I assume she will now continue to torment him with further quiver requests, "and use Ingtakfoker as a guide this time, mind you!"

Haha, I love this!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
Pages: 1 ... 3263 3264 [3265] 3266 3267 ... 3842