Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3252 3253 [3254] 3255 3256 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121769 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #48795 on: November 16, 2016, 03:14:50 pm »

Huh, that's weird. Thanks for reporting back, though - sorry to hear that. I'd probably have trouble loading a save that large, though. If you can narrow down a cause in vanilla DF, it would be good to report it on Mantis.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12569
heres the save so you can try, my comp has 4 gb of total ram and df only gets up to about 2.5 so as long as you have that much it should be fine

but yeah, im pretty sure its just the size of the embark thats causing the crash since i started a smaller (4x4) embark the other day and it hasnt crashed once with dfhack
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 03:16:31 pm by steel jackal »
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48796 on: November 16, 2016, 03:25:43 pm »

Are you using 32 or 64-bit DF?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48797 on: November 16, 2016, 03:28:25 pm »

Are you using 32 or 64-bit DF?

64 on windows, but i also have ubuntu if you would like me to try it on that

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
  • I Fight for Nod!! POWER:30 PEACE:35
    • View Profile
« Reply #48798 on: November 16, 2016, 07:15:04 pm »

Oh never mind i think i did the right thing, trapping that taffer inside that box...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now i have a wereopossum-dorf in a box.

For some reason now his wounds and his thirst fully recovered.
Every time a werecreature transforms, it heals all wounds (including thirst and hunger.) As for what to do with it, I sometimes make an arena and dump prisoners in there to have fun. Another time I timed the transformation, and threw Dwarves in with him to make it a werebeast fortress.

Thanks for the reply and idea!!

Just got a noble mayor who wanted three freaking metal greaves so i freed the were-dorf in the box and cobbled the noble and the were-dorf in dorf form in the mayor's room and trapped them in and started to wait for the unfortunate fun happen.  :D

Now i have a role the the were-opossum-dorf.
It's been a long time old friend.

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

tehepicwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48799 on: November 16, 2016, 07:27:54 pm »

Made my first evil embark yesterday. I picked a sinister woodland, one of the easier kinds of evil biomes. There weren't any evil rains. In fact, there wasn't any freakish weather at all. I thought my dwarves would get to live long, happy lives until the zombies came. One of my fish cleaners, who happened to be outside, got attacked and torn to pieces by a raven ash zombie. Once the fish cleaner reanimated, I realized that I had to dispatch my one military hammerdwarf. The hammerdwarf got torn apart instantly. The ravens killed more and more dwarves, and I quickly had a massive zombie problem. I think one of the zombies managed to kill 10 dwarves on its own. Needless to say, everyone died.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48800 on: November 16, 2016, 07:56:16 pm »

Zombie ravens can take on the HFS, and win.

Zombie ravens are bad news.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48801 on: November 16, 2016, 08:44:32 pm »

tehepicwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48802 on: November 16, 2016, 09:00:36 pm »

The raven attack happened when I had about 20 dwarves. What would I have needed to take on those flying hellspawn? Was I basically screwed?

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48803 on: November 16, 2016, 09:05:05 pm »

The raven attack happened when I had about 20 dwarves. What would I have needed to take on those flying hellspawn? Was I basically screwed?

marksdwarves, thats why zombie ravens are so dangerous. the only thing that can hit them cant kill zombies

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48804 on: November 16, 2016, 10:23:15 pm »

My fort is over 90 z levels above the ground level.

There have been many kea caused accidents. Recently a scribe(or scribe bits) was found dead. Along with the corpse there was a cherry wood cup and a pool of guava wine. I wonder how he dropped all the way down there while drinking. Anyway, Urist, build more coffins.

Another problem is the fort suffers food shortage, which never happened before. So the dorfs dug all the way down to the caverns, built a well and poured water over the sky fort's floors to create mud.
Hopefully they will have enough food next year.

Edit*

Goblin siege
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:33:05 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48805 on: November 17, 2016, 07:47:00 am »

my current fort runs well.
it's the year 7 and we embarked at the brooks source, where we startet creating our plateau by lowering the area around the source.
we then created a drain at the border and dug a water moat (that moat is still under construction).
we survived 2 goblin attacks: 7 and 34 goblins and an Ettin attack, who ran into the cagetraps after killing 5 dwarves.
The King has decided to reside in our halls and i got no idea how i can satisfy his needs for all royal rooms.
the brook freezes durign winter and i just dug out a cistern to be filled with water from the brook sometime soon.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48806 on: November 17, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »

A visiting performance troupe just cleaned the map of undead wildlife by beating the zombies to pulp with books of poetry. It was glorious.

I'm hiring these guys as soon as they make their petitions.

EDIT: Scratch that, the next spawn of undead proved to be a bit too much for them... ah well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:40:29 pm by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48807 on: November 17, 2016, 01:42:45 pm »

ok started a new embark, got iron, aluminum, gold, many kinds of copper, silver, lead, fire clay, rock crystal, sand, a magma tube that reaches to the second cavern, a brook, and its in a good biome so yay sun berries!

alright, time to build a few beds

well that was fast, the first item made in my fort is a masterwork. ill take that as a good omen!

tehepicwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48808 on: November 17, 2016, 05:08:56 pm »

ok started a new embark, got iron, aluminum, gold, many kinds of copper, silver, lead, fire clay, rock crystal, sand, a magma tube that reaches to the second cavern, a brook, and its in a good biome so yay sun berries!

alright, time to build a few beds

well that was fast, the first item made in my fort is a masterwork. ill take that as a good omen!

In Dwarf Fortress, there is only death. There may be good luck or bad luck, but in Armok's name DF doesn't give a damn about that crap as your dwarves start dying.

Bignate3002

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48809 on: November 17, 2016, 09:30:31 pm »

A woodworker is running naked stark raving mad around the bed chambers and everyone else is starving
Pages: 1 ... 3252 3253 [3254] 3255 3256 ... 3842