Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3244 3245 [3246] 3247 3248 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122460 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #48675 on: October 20, 2016, 06:58:11 pm »

@overseer05-15: Towers get civ names from the civ their creator sprung from. Kobolds can rarely take over sites, and a dwarf, human or animal person must have become a necromancer after that (check the tower's pop).

Though I have not encountered this particular variety myself, my "impossible" towers being mainly goblin or elven variety.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #48676 on: October 20, 2016, 08:05:48 pm »

@overseer05-15: Towers get civ names from the civ their creator sprung from. Kobolds can rarely take over sites, and a dwarf, human or animal person must have become a necromancer after that (check the tower's pop).

Though I have not encountered this particular variety myself, my "impossible" towers being mainly goblin or elven variety.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the legends entry for the tower. It's worth noting that Figipleembis wasn't recorded as a historical figure, so I can't find anything else on him/her. Also, how do I check pops?

Edit: There's another kobold tower less than ten blocks away (as well as a few human towers, but that's normal).

Edit2: While searching for the other kobold tower in legends (I forgot the name) I came across this brilliant cut gem:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:18:47 pm by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Valdus92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Blog "Scrawls"
« Reply #48677 on: October 20, 2016, 08:18:18 pm »

As a newb, my fortress is a boring hole in the ground. Trying to simply dismantle my wagon, get a farm going, getting the kinks out of Dwarf Therapist, and keeping a close and stern eye on my dwarves- all twelve of them. I do not want to see anyone idle, but I know the moment I get a still going they are going to be drinking with the animals.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48678 on: October 20, 2016, 08:28:23 pm »

Idleness has become necessary I fear. Dwarves cannot satisfy spiritual or social needs without it.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48679 on: October 20, 2016, 09:10:03 pm »

As a newb, my fortress is a boring hole in the ground. Trying to simply dismantle my wagon, get a farm going, getting the kinks out of Dwarf Therapist, and keeping a close and stern eye on my dwarves- all twelve of them. I do not want to see anyone idle, but I know the moment I get a still going they are going to be drinking with the animals.
Welcome to the party :D

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48680 on: October 20, 2016, 09:34:12 pm »

Idleness has become necessary I fear. Dwarves cannot satisfy spiritual or social needs without it.
Are you sure? I was under the impression that Dwarves will go and fulfill spiritual needs even if they have tasks to do.

I hear the purple spiritual tasks will be done regardless of present work, but the green ones only when idle. Although I've never seen a purple social task, so maybe they will still go insane.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #48681 on: October 20, 2016, 09:56:05 pm »

Purple tasks are done by dwarves that regard the task as very important. For example, a highly religious dwarf would have prayer as a purple task, but less religious ones would have it as a green task.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:08:45 pm by Calidovi »

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48682 on: October 21, 2016, 02:10:41 am »

Today in my fort, I've created a temple which has been randomly named "The Church of Drinking".

I think I will use it to praise the holy Booze :)  But how ? Any ideas ? :P
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:12:39 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48683 on: October 21, 2016, 02:33:44 am »

@King Kitteh: I'm also under that impression, but outside of military and limited source smithing there's hardly any labours that truly could benefit from the extra focused bonus, I think.

@overseer05-15: Well, it looks like the game considers kobolds previously-hostile to the tower. Maybe they kinda conquered it instead? Eh.

But on the other hand, I think Figipleembis isn't a real name, though. Sound Koboldy. And Dlududrurbus certainly isn't (compare to Ohenulce being Ballplunged).

For checking pops, you export map image/gen info and check regionX-#-#-#-#-world_sites_and_pops.txt In your first screenshot, you'd do this by pressing p; otherwise would have to do it on legends mode.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48684 on: October 21, 2016, 03:41:46 am »

I think, I'm losing "Silverpresent", Mountainhome of  "The Arch of Dreams". It's a lovely little castle with 100 citizens, half of them highly trained soldiers, effective industries, fortified walls, a moat and lots of traps. There are also about 200 invaders at the farthest edge from the main gate and the FPS has dropped to 1-2. Everbody's safe and I don't think, the melee squads are even needed to deal with this, but my patience is slowly ending... Oh well, a basically invincible fort was becoming a bit boring anyway :-\

But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48685 on: October 21, 2016, 05:41:49 am »

Moki, theres still hope. Not that your fortress may survive, but rather that there is still a chance to go out in a blaze of glory. Dig deep, dig deep.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48686 on: October 21, 2016, 06:37:48 am »

Post your save and ask someone who has a better computer to do it for you.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48687 on: October 21, 2016, 08:42:47 am »

If the FPS was lot higher before and on normal sieges, might be one of those FPS bugs causing it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48688 on: October 21, 2016, 09:02:01 am »

9 of my super elite melee squad drowned after charging a 1-tile bridge over a canyon to close against the goblin archers on the other side.

The tenth was pulled out alive by a medical dorf and is in hospital, but he was the Competent recruit.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48689 on: October 21, 2016, 09:14:19 am »

Today in my fort, I've created a temple which has been randomly named "The Church of Drinking".

I think I will use it to praise the holy Booze :)  But how ? Any ideas ? :P

Somehow also make it a tavern
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 3244 3245 [3246] 3247 3248 ... 3842