Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3171 3172 [3173] 3174 3175 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127744 times)

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #47580 on: June 09, 2016, 12:45:40 am »

After years of experimenting with two different women, finally my King has accepted the third woman I've tried hooking him up with as his lover. Now just to wait until they become married and I can return life at the fortress back to normal.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47581 on: June 09, 2016, 01:27:52 am »

Second undead siege came. I still have like 30 leftover zombies in cages, but my iron-clad axe lords should be disposing of them rather quickly.

The problem is, they are hanging around the edge of the map. I'd rather not provoke them, as their force is quite large ( about 40 zombies ) and they have 5 marksmen. So far my axe lords are my only defense, so I'd rather not charge them at the group just to be shot down. My fortress is locked for now.

On the other hand, I've begun the process of recovering 2 magma-filled minecarts. Stupid me didn't make any measure to prevent further magma flow, so in the end, I have to atom smash about 200-300 blocks of 7/7 magma. I have also a few small reservoirs, but I'm mostly atom-smashing it with bridges.

Armok is gonna be pissed at me for this blasphemy, won't he?
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47582 on: June 09, 2016, 09:23:56 am »

Ironborn Diaries 5: Ironlake (Ironroad Quest)

Year 5 report.

The siege from the northeast (two human squad leaders with pack of undead each) has been eliminated by all the squads.  Our lone knife fighter captain of the guard added the nine lasher squad into the squad. So we have 90 soldiers charge.  Our 10 miners stayed behind since they have not had any formal military training yet.

Another siege from the southeast has come, two squads of humans again that are not necromancers, each leading a pack of undead.  We left the trade depot gates wide open, but they just linger out there.

So, we focus on training 6 of 10 per month.  Some digging to prepare 6 aquifer breaching from below to connect to the towers above.  Towers 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 bridge gates are connected.

The second permanent bridge over the river, north of the fortress, is also completed. And more iron roads are laid down heading to the west edge of the region. 

Four of the necromancer captives, their cages are now placed in separate chambers.  The current plan is smooth and engrave the chamber then seal it with constructed iron wall.

The elf repeater, and goblin repeater is on hold as the engineers need to look up the schematic.  Meanwhile, a minecart repeater via impulse ramp tests ok.  Plans to set upright spear traps and link may be the next project.

However, there is a debate going on whether to retire this fortress after the siege so that we can continue the quest of connecting the ironroad from here to the Mountainhome of The Wet Lancers far to the southeast.  We are at war with the humans still, with four Towers as neighbors, as well as goblins, elves, and another dwarf civ.

Out of the 100 soldiers, less than 10 are qualified to use steel weapons, and 6 have Armor User skill of 5 or greater to qualify a full set of steel armor.  If we will retire the fortress, every soldier will be assigned a set steel uniform and steel/silver weapons.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47583 on: June 09, 2016, 02:16:10 pm »

My fort keeps resetting to old saves, mid-game. Fuck my life.

EDIT: Never mind, I just had two windows open. I'm an idiot.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47584 on: June 09, 2016, 05:35:25 pm »

One of my dwarves just made a statue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We like statues.  Let's take a closer look at it.

That's nice!  It's a statue of the fort's foundation!  That's going straight out into the foyer.

But hold up ...

?????????????????

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47585 on: June 09, 2016, 06:00:16 pm »

I have an adamantine spear with an image of itself in grizzly bear bone on it. It's pretty common, actually.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47586 on: June 09, 2016, 06:06:24 pm »

I've seen artifacts with pictures of events/artifacts that happened after they were made. I've even seen artifacts with pictures of each other on them.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47587 on: June 09, 2016, 06:17:16 pm »

First 43.03 fort, managed to get a siege of 373 beak dogs, goblins, trolls.. All fell (literally) to the power of the mighty dodgme-into-magma entrance hall.  Well, half of them, then the rest ran like the cowards they are.

Didn't take too long to get the siege, either, so that's promising.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47588 on: June 09, 2016, 06:22:50 pm »

I'm imagining entire sets of fractal artifacts.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47589 on: June 09, 2016, 06:52:59 pm »

*The Pregnant-Imprisonment of Choking
The name of the statue also wins.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47590 on: June 09, 2016, 08:23:58 pm »

So, as usual I've got a migrant wave and this one is intriguing me because I never had a wave with two high level doctors/students whatever.
The thing is, a friend of mine told me that prbably they are vamps. I know that DT can tell me this if I activate the "cheat mode" but I don't want it.
Then I looked their kills at "Military" tab and it is 0 (zero). WELL... this is good news? Never played enough to have this kind of !FUN! before.
Now, my main concern is: I don't know how to make a nice squad. I mean, never trained any because never needed.
So the question is, there is some kind of "how to train your Squads for Dummies"?? I think that very soon I'll need it you know?

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47591 on: June 09, 2016, 08:28:37 pm »

If they're vampires, their kills will be hidden until/unless they are unmasked.  So that means nothing.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47592 on: June 09, 2016, 08:39:07 pm »

If they're vampires, their kills will be hidden until/unless they are unmasked.  So that means nothing.

Damn it!!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #47593 on: June 09, 2016, 09:07:51 pm »

I have an adamantine spear with an image of itself in grizzly bear bone on it. It's pretty common, actually.

Artifact descriptions are generated the first time you look at them. Thus you can actually get engravings from the future.

In other news, I'm working to drain an ocean. I haven't done this in a few years so I've got a 50/50 chance of succeeding, or flooding a fort.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #47594 on: June 09, 2016, 10:25:39 pm »

In other news, I'm working to drain an ocean. I haven't done this in a few years so I've got a 50/50 chance of succeeding, or flooding a fort.
You could also do both!
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.
Pages: 1 ... 3171 3172 [3173] 3174 3175 ... 3842