Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3170 3171 [3172] 3173 3174 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127865 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #47565 on: June 06, 2016, 10:12:26 am »

Sh*t, 280 enemies of mixed goblins, trolls and beak dogs.
The weapon traps killed about 40 an cage traps caught another 10.
Then the dwarves raised the bridge and began to reload cage traps.

I'm not sure if they can finish today because of the low fps.

Edit*

A haunting fog swallowed all the goblins...
End of game.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:17:16 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47566 on: June 06, 2016, 12:04:33 pm »

Ok so some migrants arrived and among them was two so called "farmers", the problem is, they don't have ANY skill at farming at all!
They had tanning, butchery and spinning... any explanation for this?
Not that I'm bothered or something, just curious...

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47567 on: June 06, 2016, 01:17:04 pm »

Ok so some migrants arrived and among them was two so called "farmers", the problem is, they don't have ANY skill at farming at all!
They had tanning, butchery and spinning... any explanation for this?
Not that I'm bothered or something, just curious...
Wiki can often help you: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Farmer

Though not that page, some pages, like http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Doctor, do explain that if dwarf has multiple ranks in a category profession, they will be known by category profession rather than their highest profession.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47568 on: June 06, 2016, 02:16:04 pm »

Wiki can often help you: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Farmer

Though not that page, some pages, like http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Doctor, do explain that if dwarf has multiple ranks in a category profession, they will be known by category profession rather than their highest profession.

Holy cow! Of course I didn't know that. But I was really confused when I saw they had no skills at "Farmer". Well, learn everyday a new thing with DF...

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47569 on: June 06, 2016, 04:01:46 pm »

Ironborn Diaries 5: Ironlake (Ironroad Quest)

Summer 203 Report 

We are contracted to build this outpost in the span of 5 years, and we are midway through year 4.

The 15 magma smelters have run for quite some time, resulting in 300+ iron bars, and nearly 600 steel bars as the last pig irons are processed.

We are thinking of skipping the formalities of recruit wearing the iron uniforms, and start making steel uniforms instead.  I'm sure the Mountainhome will know of it, but it can be blamed to the current militia commander for changing the Ironborn rules.

All low quality armors are ordered to be melted.  All forges are set up to Proficient skill levels only to ensure many more moods are highest for weaponsmithing or armorsmithing. 

We are aiming for 1000+ steel bars to complete 100 steel armor sets to arm 10 x 10 squads. 

And we will begin as set of training schedule 6 of 10 for each squad year round.

We are unsure if we will still build the towers, but we are thinking either iron or gold road, but only on our side of the stream / river.

A new outpost adjacent to this region is being planned for the next 5 years.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #47570 on: June 06, 2016, 04:45:30 pm »

Got a visit from one of my modded dragons - a kind that's smaller and more common.  It died almost the moment my warriors happened across it, but set the forest on fire first, and everything outside my moat burned.  Cost me all the logs that hadn't been hauled inside yet, and also the caged prisoners from the last invasions, which I never bothered to collect.  Got me valuable dragon bones, dragon scales, dragon teeth, and dragon leather for making expensive and useful items.  Also delicious dragon meat.  I'll take that trade!
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47571 on: June 07, 2016, 01:51:49 am »

I've been attacked by a minotaur.

Okay fine, she killed a few of my animals pastured outside but I caught her.

Then a Forgotten Beast came.

It was made of realgar, CAN FLY and has poisonous vapors.

It's skulking around the caverns now.

And then, a weretapir came, killed a fisherdwarf, turned back and escaped.

It all happened in a span of 10 minutes.

Wtf is this, boss rush?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:12:32 am by KiBoy »
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47572 on: June 07, 2016, 02:47:20 am »

Okay fine, he killed a few of my animals pastured outside but I caught her.

When you captured it, was it a gelding strike?
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47573 on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:07 am »

I have an Elf Bard and a Goblin Poet that have been fighting each other in my tavern for about 3 months now... it's the single longest ongoing combat i've ever seen and it's almost all misses and the occasional stunning. Why isn't the captain of the guard breaking this up? Probably because he's too busy drinking...

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47574 on: June 07, 2016, 09:46:03 am »

Ironborn Diaries 5: Ironlake (Ironroad Quest)

Winter 203 Report

Another siege, humans that are not necromancers with undead.  The humans are acting like squad leaders. 

They arrived from the northeast and at least 70 tiles away and maybe 50 tiles closest the fort before moving around some more.  They split into two groups, but are still far away. 

So I created a southeast burrow to work on the towers, and the Ironroads. 

Interestingly, a flock of Keas manage to fly into the fortress.  A flaw in design, or a bug in pathing?

z+0 has walls and raising bridge in the up position. 
Above the bridge are constructed floors.  And then 1 tile walls with roof. 
This should be "sealed" as in a bunker, but the keas flies in. 
My archery training is near so the keas are dead, but this pathing for flyers is troubling.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47575 on: June 07, 2016, 07:53:33 pm »

In the middle of one of the few-month embarks for random test, I randomly happen upon a hill titan shrine with titan dozen tiles from wagon. Gemstone shelled beast with deadly spittle....Put everyone in squads, then order them fight, them disable squads, then enable again, then order to pick up some picks...TPK, though they did dent it's body and shell.

So, sent in a reclaim party. 5 crossbowdwarves with copper bolts, 2 miners with bronze pick, mail shirt, and one having gauntlets and dodging with other having shield and both dodging a shielding. Gave both copper helms and 3 war dogs.

Send them on stations circling around the embark to flush the titan from ambush, they scare some chinchilla packs into fleeing in front of them.

The titan appears, fires once at the chinchilla, then tries to spit on miner once, misses twice and gets shell mined. Spits and swipes on a marksdwarf, and gets it's body mined.

Apparently, this horrified everyone. Myself, I am nonplussed.

Tough, found a new bit of FUN: No shots fired and only a single marksdwarf even put bolts in their quiver because I forgot to unassign default 100 bolts from hunters >_>

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47576 on: June 08, 2016, 01:14:45 am »

Okay fine, he killed a few of my animals pastured outside but I caught her.

When you captured it, was it a gelding strike?

No. just a misspelling.

However one of the Yak Cows who was pastured outside managed to injure it somewhat, a few body parts were yellow and one even red.

Quite surprising, I would've not expected a Minotaur to have so much trouble with livestock.
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #47577 on: June 08, 2016, 01:20:03 am »

The Nets of Flanking sent 39 soldiers to attack Torchbolted.  The 40 invaders of their last siege failed to land a single blow on any of my four champions, who spent the intervening time continuing to train.  This new attack went about as well as you'd expect.

However, with 39 dead invaders and no surviving enemies showing on the unit list, I'm still getting the SIEGE label.  Did the last few invaders die too quickly to notice they'd lost and declare the siege over or something?
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47578 on: June 08, 2016, 03:06:46 am »

The goblins were running out of soldiers, it seemed. And there were already 100 caged invaders stored in my fort...

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47579 on: June 08, 2016, 06:52:51 pm »

Year 9, seven years post-embark.  Population 31.  Population growth has been so good that I've gone ahead and dug out some real bedrooms for the fortress, because a slowdown in births might actually be desirable.  The oldest military-qualified kiddo is only five right now.  It wouldn't do to provoke a siege before enough suitable children grow old enough to hold weapons.

No cat lovers in the fort this time.
Pages: 1 ... 3170 3171 [3172] 3173 3174 ... 3842