Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3142 3143 [3144] 3145 3146 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121303 times)

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #47145 on: April 13, 2016, 11:05:17 am »

There is only a tiny amount of water in the caverns below the badlands. This entails a water-shortage as dwarves struggle to get from the magmaforges to the well in order to drink. This would be less of a problem if there was more alcohol, but production has hit a bottleneck since containers cannot be made fast enough.

Stone pots are your friiieeends. When in doubt, build more craftdwarf workshops, assign anyone not doing important stuff to stonecrafting, and disable their hauling labors.

That's exactly how I managed to fix it, haha - I rerouted labor to crank out garbage-quality pots and jugs. Booze production skyrocketed and suddenly i had 200+ units of alcohol. Then folks got drunk and started punching eachothers' brains out at the tavern. Which caused more deaths than the dehydration, but fuck it, progress was made.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47146 on: April 13, 2016, 12:20:39 pm »

Well, I retired a nerubian fort, and I think I managed to somewhat resurrect the dead civ - my spiderlord had become the new king. Unfortunately some people died due to me opening the caverns too early and having ghouls and eliminators pathing into my fort - the fort only counts 11 people and there werent any babies either.

What was...odd...is that some merchants from my civ showed up. No liasion, obviously, but the merchants and their guards still showed up.

But what was even stranger is that upon them leaving, their wagon left as normal, but the mounted merchants and their guards went into the caverns and off the edge of my vision there.

HyperMemes

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Memecrafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47147 on: April 13, 2016, 01:18:50 pm »

One season has passed and the forgotten beast is wandering aimlessly in the caverns. It killed every troglodyte it could find. When all of a sudden the combat log updates and a troglodyte named Eliranethale and the enormous salamander are in battle. The fight ended quickly with the troglodyte being victorious.

Crap. I think we have a bigger problem now but it got knocked unconscious by the frozen extract and it is pretty banged up. Lets hope the military can handle this.
Why take drugs when u can take responsibilities and do a cry

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47148 on: April 13, 2016, 02:53:06 pm »

A human poet couldn't handle his booze and started beating up other patrons at the tavern so I decided to let the militia "pacify" him. My militia commander Meng Goldenhoist answered the call and quickly resolved the situation with a spear thrust through the uppity poet's head. Immediately after that he started reciting poetry from top of the poet's cooling corpse. It's so... so fitting. I can't believe it.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47149 on: April 13, 2016, 03:39:03 pm »

I'm sorely disappointed in the lack of invaders coming after my kobold camp. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47150 on: April 13, 2016, 11:38:13 pm »

OK, since this guy killed a FB with nothing but his bare hands, I inscribed a slab for him.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #47151 on: April 14, 2016, 04:25:45 am »

I've figured out what the forgotten beast blood covering my caverns does! It's just makes whoever touches it fall asleep!
So it means my dwarves are pretty safe from cavern creatures as long as they wear shoes, because whatever attacks them will end up falling asleep as it chases them.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #47152 on: April 14, 2016, 07:29:40 am »

Spoiler: this is fine (click to show/hide)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47153 on: April 14, 2016, 07:36:48 am »

I never saw any goblin wearing mailshirt.

mgotthard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47154 on: April 14, 2016, 09:17:31 am »

Did he just beserker trance and kill a hammer dwarf??  Oops.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #47155 on: April 14, 2016, 09:58:58 am »

My fortress just jumped up from a barony to a duchy. I guess you don't need to ever become a county?
Looking at the (c)iv screen, I have the only duchy in my kingdom. Ha! Take that 30 barons!

"There is no room for mercy in this world" - My militia commander/duke consort, while killing unarmed goblin recruits.
"It was raining on me. I'm very grouchy." - A giantess, right after killing a dog in one attack.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:25:31 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

HyperMemes

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Memecrafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47156 on: April 14, 2016, 10:23:36 am »

So I have been trying to train war dogs to boost my military in case I get invaded any time soon because I have been pumping tons of silver bars into crafts and it nearly doubled my created wealth to 800,000 but I can't seem to figure it out. I looked at the wiki page and I have an animal trainer, some dogs including a hunting dog, and a zone set for animal training. I try to assign one of the dogs to the trainer or military but it says there are no available animals. What am I doing wrong?
Why take drugs when u can take responsibilities and do a cry

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47157 on: April 14, 2016, 11:09:43 am »

So I have been trying to train war dogs to boost my military in case I get invaded any time soon because I have been pumping tons of silver bars into crafts and it nearly doubled my created wealth to 800,000 but I can't seem to figure it out. I looked at the wiki page and I have an animal trainer, some dogs including a hunting dog, and a zone set for animal training. I try to assign one of the dogs to the trainer or military but it says there are no available animals. What am I doing wrong?

Did you build kennels?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47158 on: April 14, 2016, 11:41:06 am »

Aren't kennels only for small animals though?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #47159 on: April 14, 2016, 02:30:17 pm »

Did he just beserker trance and kill a hammer dwarf??  Oops.

He was leading the goblin actually. Didn't check legends.
Pages: 1 ... 3142 3143 [3144] 3145 3146 ... 3842