Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3140 3141 [3142] 3143 3144 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121092 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #47115 on: April 11, 2016, 03:21:41 pm »

Started up a new volcano-forge fort, and in the first year an elven caravan showed up carrying a remarkable item (value 42010):
This is a well-crafted grown pitch-black fabric bila. It is made from pitch-black fabric cloth. The bellows is made from screaming mouths. The bag is made from pitch-black fabric. The melody pipe is made from olive wood. The drone pipes are made from guava wood.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:29:23 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47116 on: April 11, 2016, 03:39:06 pm »

And it's also made from pitch-black fabric, which is another generated fabric. Did you buy it?

Fun fact: Godly cloth has a value multiplier of x900, the highest of any material.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47117 on: April 11, 2016, 04:04:03 pm »

Yeah, good fucking luck affording that. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47118 on: April 11, 2016, 04:18:23 pm »

Christ, I wish we could get someone to draw that, it must look (and sound) utterly horrifying.

For some horror retardant - I bet if you played it it would sound like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxZpD66Yn2k

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #47119 on: April 11, 2016, 04:22:05 pm »

I recently experienced a rather curious magma based incident in a place called GateHold. I was trying to make the wonderful liquid flow out of the mountain for !!Fun!!, but a small miscalculation (read: everything) caused a massive wave of the stuff to flow straight into my temple This caused me to lose around 30 little psychopaths in one fell swoop, and a tantrum spiral finished it from there. And a couple cave floaters which constantly sent my dwarves to the hospital, where they would go insane and try to kill everyone else in said hospital. Fun.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47120 on: April 11, 2016, 04:41:34 pm »

And it's also made from pitch-black fabric, which is another generated fabric. Did you buy it?

Fun fact: Godly cloth has a value multiplier of x900, the highest of any material.
Sadly no. If I had had any kind of military at all, I'd have been tempted to slaughter the elf caravan and take it.

Would have fit in nicely with my temple to Ibruk, Dwarven God of Death which is adorned with statues of various dwarves (and some humans) throughout history having their limbs ripped off by various goblins and elves. Because that's all my mason ever wants to make statues of. (I think this guy has some deep-seated issues.)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mek42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47121 on: April 11, 2016, 04:47:21 pm »

A miner with some elf blood in her (how else would she get a fey mood but from elf influence?) made an artifact: Adilaral, The Walled Woman, an orpiment millstone.  So I guess this means I'll need to figure out the flour industry.  (DF is one of those classic games I always come back to, but never master.)
"Is that the game with the blinky characters and no pictures?  Maybe you do have Asperger's." - My wife after I mentioned my excitement over the elves bringing by caravan a whole bunch of wood after my deforestation project was neglected due to a near-tantrum spiral and total loss of my initial seven and a bunch of immigrants.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47122 on: April 11, 2016, 04:51:18 pm »

A miner with some elf blood in her (how else would she get a fey mood but from elf influence?) made an artifact: Adilaral, The Walled Woman, an orpiment millstone.  So I guess this means I'll need to figure out the flour industry.  (DF is one of those classic games I always come back to, but never master.)
Best. Flour. Ever.

HyperMemes

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Memecrafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47123 on: April 11, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »

If your neighbours remain stubbornly pacifist then liberally apply death to all non-dwarvern caravans and you should be good to go.  I tend to drown them, since I long ago worked out such technicalities as caravan disposal and am attached to my designs, but you could use any means at your disposal.
I have been thinking about doing these to mainly elf caravans as they have yet to provide me with any useful items other than crutches. If I am lucky I can grab some seed bags or even alcohol off of them. Drowning them may seem like a viable option as I am next to a river. I could have them fall into a deep hole that has little holes for water to run off to. Sadly I don't have an aquifer for it to go to so I guess I could have it come back up to the well or river so I could grab any loot.
Why take drugs when u can take responsibilities and do a cry

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47124 on: April 11, 2016, 05:15:22 pm »

I'm still not getting any human, dwarven, elven, or goblin hostiles. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47125 on: April 11, 2016, 06:45:04 pm »

Sadly no. If I had had any kind of military at all, I'd have been tempted to slaughter the elf caravan and take it.

Would have fit in nicely with my temple to Ibruk, Dwarven God of Death which is adorned with statues of various dwarves (and some humans) throughout history having their limbs ripped off by various goblins and elves. Because that's all my mason ever wants to make statues of. (I think this guy has some deep-seated issues.)
Damn. The screaming mouths is nightmare-aligned. Also, I'm pretty sure the pitch-black fabric is night-aligned. Maybe darkness-aligned.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47126 on: April 11, 2016, 07:10:22 pm »

Well, about time I retired this fort. Got one last artifact before then.

Finished up pretty much everything I wanted to do here - commissioned some more demented images for my unholy cathedral.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lastly, an image of a congregation taking place
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Those rooms on the sides are all smaller chapels dedicated to other gods - the only exception is the slightly larger one on the upper right - that's the harbingers room.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47127 on: April 11, 2016, 08:17:34 pm »

The queen was killed by a werepanther.

A new king arrived with the outpost liaison.
Now we are the mountainhome.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47128 on: April 11, 2016, 08:33:48 pm »

That is some seriously inventively sadistic artwork, my friend.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47129 on: April 11, 2016, 09:30:46 pm »

That is some seriously inventively sadistic artwork, my friend.

i actually got some bone parts (from steaks) lying about for some bonecrafts, but i've never thought about such dark artworks for them.
that would actually make their worth quadruple if i 'd engrave that to those small pieces of bone.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 ... 3140 3141 [3142] 3143 3144 ... 3842