Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3138 3139 [3140] 3141 3142 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120794 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #47085 on: April 10, 2016, 12:37:52 pm »

You should be alright, it's biological and poisonous bite is pretty much the least threatening special.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47086 on: April 10, 2016, 02:39:50 pm »

An elf bowyer has been lounging in Graspinghammer's tavern for several years now. She must have come in with a performance troupe but for some reason when the others left she must have got stuck somehow, and now titles herself as a "Traveler."

Only now I took a closer look at her and noticed that she's been running around all these years completely butt naked. I don't see any piles of elfy looking clothes in the stores screen so that's how she must have come in. Curious.

Her name? Tipi Hairythunders, which is sort of... unpleasant, given the context.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47087 on: April 10, 2016, 02:47:14 pm »

For some reason most if not all (hard to tell because of huge number of concurrent visitors) of troupe members are coming without clothes to my fortress. So probably that's normal. Some of them have books though, and even trinkets made of creatures they vanquished.

My guess is they have to do it to sell themselves under current show-biz conditions. Too much competition. Rather sad.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47088 on: April 10, 2016, 03:02:43 pm »

Well, atleast one of the gorecyclopes has given birth. Hope some of my faceless ones start reproducing soon - this is about reviving this nearly-dead civ.

Commissioned a few new images for my temple.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thought it was sorta cool - when I dug into the underground caven layer, I immediately noticed signs of battle that had taken place there - several dead rodent people along with a plaguebearer corpse. I'm guessing some of them died in combat, others either succumbed to infection or killed each other when they turned into zombies. A living rodent man swordsman popped up soon after and killed a crundle before disappearing. A meat golem is also stalking the caverns.

Annnd one of my geists is in anguish after a miscarriage. Poor her, sad but not unexpected considering she's an undead monster - shame too, was hoping I could get more cheap labour (geists can talk so they're counted as citizens and not animals), since my faceless ones aren't breeding and no couples have emigrated to my fort yet.

Found some gold...should be enough to seduce a few mortals to come here and serve as meat shields for the glory of the elder ones. Several two-human caravans also arrived, did some trading but didn't get a lot of really neccessary stuff, unfortunately.

For some reason most if not all (hard to tell because of huge number of concurrent visitors) of troupe members are coming without clothes to my fortress. So probably that's normal.
Since when did DF have strippers?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47089 on: April 10, 2016, 03:32:57 pm »

How do you get all those evil gods?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47090 on: April 10, 2016, 03:36:04 pm »

You can somewhat influence what types of spheres would be more common for deities in the entity file.
Something like this.
They'll still get gods outside of these spheres, just not very often.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47091 on: April 10, 2016, 03:38:29 pm »

Ah. With all those required spheres, how many gods do you usually get per nation?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47092 on: April 10, 2016, 03:44:17 pm »

This civ has 13 - others have somewhere around that, give or take.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47093 on: April 10, 2016, 04:40:31 pm »

Sheesh, that's a lot of gods. I usually see around 5-12 per nation.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47094 on: April 10, 2016, 04:58:49 pm »

Yeah, a lot of the civilizations in my worlds have quite large amounts of deities per civ. Usually never below 10.

A wereloris came and promptly got btfo'd by my squad. It did manage to bite some of my n'raqi but it seems like it didn't actually infect them.

I gotta say, some of the images created at random by my craftsmen are...rather interesting.
Don't try to pronounce the names, by the way, you'll ruin your throat.

Exporting goes fairly well - every civ coming to trade (only my home civ and a two-human civ so far) gets various gold trinkets in return for stuff that actually helps.

I also have to say, the mental image of gigantic gorecyclopes sleeping on appropriately-sized beds like anyone else is kind of funny. Same for the mental image of a tiny gorecyclops baby riding piggyback on it's mothers shoulders.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47095 on: April 10, 2016, 05:15:25 pm »

I gotta say, some of the images created at random by my craftsmen are...rather interesting.
Don't try to pronounce the names, by the way, you'll ruin your throat.

Shu-sar-fi and Ki-gaar Ra-kab-ir al-yaab. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47096 on: April 10, 2016, 05:39:56 pm »

Ok, I admit, those are relatively tame. The names of my other residents are a lot worse though.
Only 35 residents so far - one died due to a treant clawing his head open. Still, atleast the most recent migrant wave had some couples.

What I find interesting is that nearly all of them have the "rule the world" goal - I don't think there's even one of my citizens who has anything else as a goal. Also practically none of them feel anything when working or doing much else - I saw one who was "interested after realizing the worthlessness of family" and another who was "interested after watching a performance", nothing else, besides being frustrated or annoyed at something. None have entered strange moods yet, I don't know if it has anything to do with that but with other races I'd have had atleast one artifact by this point, not that I really need them since I make so much wealth with just gold crafts alone.

I'm getting some tarkatan visitors as well but not a lot. Makes sense since I embarked in a relatively remote area - this civ is really far up north.

EDIT: Lol, right after I make this post a miller goes into a fey mood and creates these.

Pretty neat.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:55:18 pm by ZM5 »

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47097 on: April 10, 2016, 07:34:00 pm »

All of a sudden, fps was 30 again. ::)
I didn't do anything particular...and they were still busy cutting and hauling.

Ambushers who got bored and left?

Today I replaced the narrow ramp passage with a 3x3 stair shaft and that increased fps to around 40.
I guess it was some dump/hauling jobs that forced the dwarves crawling over each other. :P

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47098 on: April 10, 2016, 08:38:29 pm »

embarking in year 125 trying out a new concept for the staircase diggin down in a reclaimed fort:
it will have doors seperating all zlevels from eachother.
i'm so done with monsters running free through my main stairwell.
(a FB detroyed the fort in year 7, so hopefully it died right afterwards or of old age or ran away to find something else to kill/eat or i'll have some fun)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47099 on: April 10, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »

embarking in year 125 trying out a new concept for the staircase diggin down in a reclaimed fort:
it will have doors seperating all zlevels from eachother.
i'm so done with monsters running free through my main stairwell.
(a FB detroyed the fort in year 7, so hopefully it died right afterwards or of old age or ran away to find something else to kill/eat or i'll have some fun)

Good luck with that. Not like door spam will deter a forgotten beast. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 3138 3139 [3140] 3141 3142 ... 3842