Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3137 3138 [3139] 3140 3141 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120848 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #47070 on: April 09, 2016, 02:45:29 pm »

The best part is where my militia is 70% mercs and mostly unarmored noobs otherwise.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47071 on: April 09, 2016, 02:55:58 pm »

I'd suggest cage trap spam, but I doubt you'd ever produce enough within the century. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #47072 on: April 09, 2016, 02:58:00 pm »

I was actually working on a series of dodgemes plus some weapon traps at the entrance (since steel is plentiful for once). I can seal myself off and work on the former while I wait the siege out and attempt to manufacture some more equipment for my soldiers.

EDIT: A visiting swordsdwarf just got 7 kills all by himself, I wonder how long he'll last out here.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:11:08 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47073 on: April 09, 2016, 03:53:58 pm »

While idly monitoring hauling operations at Graspinghammer I noticed a woodcutter chasing my expedition leader at top speed along a hallway. They yakety saxed through the fortress until finally, coming to a dead end, the woodcutter wrestled the expedition leader down and stole the adamantine ore he was carrying. The expedition leader was left to "conduct a meeting" by himself.

No, I haven't the faintest idea what just happened here.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #47074 on: April 09, 2016, 04:33:04 pm »

Update: The goblins lost a few more to a random human swordsman and the aforementioned dwarf and decided my fort wasn't worth the trouble. The only casualties were a couple animals and a particularly stupid fisherdwarf.
GM of Trespassers V2.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47075 on: April 09, 2016, 05:35:06 pm »

I haven't played DF in a while, so I've forgotten how ridiculous these dwarfs are. I invest time and effort into giving my hammerdwarf a masterwork war hammer and she decides to bite the weretortoise instead. I ain't even mad, biting did more damage.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47076 on: April 09, 2016, 06:10:19 pm »

on my newest embark, everythign was setup fine, but then a werebuffalo came in while the elven caravan was at the trade depot, which also is the main gate.
it killed 32 dorfs and 3 elves. free stuff for everyone! it took two seasons to entomb all the corpses and make the 3 slabs for the elves.
time to finally lin up that bridge to a lever!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47077 on: April 09, 2016, 06:37:18 pm »

Figured that since the only faceless one civilization in the world only has one site, I should probably do my part and help them multiply a bit by making a series of medium-sized forts (maybe reclaiming some existing ruins as well later to establish a stronghold in other lands).
Time to get in the mood.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Mglwalh C'mshakarugu wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47078 on: April 09, 2016, 07:11:07 pm »

FPS dropped from 30 to 9 for unknown reason.
I'm now cutting down all the trees.

For some reason, there was not a single tree on the surface when I started, but now it has become a thick forest.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47079 on: April 09, 2016, 08:19:19 pm »

seen that before: almost no trees in savanna embark
after the first year 50% of all tiles are saplings.

goblin siege of 3 gobbos killed 12 of 50 dorfs again. time to learn how to set up a proper military and maybe drop that moat idea.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47080 on: April 09, 2016, 08:50:11 pm »

All of a sudden, fps was 30 again. ::)
I didn't do anything particular...and they were still busy cutting and hauling.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47081 on: April 09, 2016, 11:00:35 pm »

Ambushers who got bored and left?

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47082 on: April 10, 2016, 03:49:14 am »

Ambushers who got bored and left?

That was my thought too. Possibly activity in an unseen part of the caverns?

EDIT: A craftsdwarf started an argument with a mason and managed to enrage her enough to start a bit of fisticuffs. The scuffle moved from the workshops into a non-denominational shrine where the craftsdwarf somehow managed to punch the mason in the throat hard enough to open a major artery right there. So she bled to death right in front of everyone. The craftsdwarf is still there, meditating on war. Apparently the guard is giving her a break and treating the whole incident as an accident since it's not in the justice records. I assume this is because the mason is the one who became enraged and threw the first punch.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:53:06 am by FoiledFencer »
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #47083 on: April 10, 2016, 07:21:11 am »

"Autumn has arrived. Diplomat left unhappy"
I wonder why. I check the log and see 4 militia members turning into weretortoises and attack the dwarf caravan. Thats 4 out of my 5 militia members! I should probably have contained them after they fought that weretortoise. The only armed dwarf who is not a monster is in hospital. Fun!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47084 on: April 10, 2016, 07:48:05 am »

My defenses aren't ready for this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 3137 3138 [3139] 3140 3141 ... 3842