Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3120 3121 [3122] 3123 3124 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121169 times)

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46815 on: March 19, 2016, 07:50:13 pm »

I made a NEW fort in a savanna with and without an aquifer, and a desert. I'm mostly going to ignore the aboveground wildlife and go to the caverns to domesticate something unless some Elephants come visit my fortress, you know, for science. When first embarking I noticed that the goblins weren't listed as one of my neighbors. So no sieges but that means no goblinite.  :(

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46816 on: March 19, 2016, 11:24:04 pm »

Shit the caravan did not stay!
Some badger destroyed a wagon.

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46817 on: March 20, 2016, 08:50:11 am »

The aquifer got the better off me and I'm into a new world today! I'm settling in a tundra island called The Blizzard of Fliers (I expect lots of flyers) that has clay, very deep soil, an aquifer (it's freezing so It shouldn't be a problem), shallow metals, deep metals, a flux stone layer, and a volcano. The arctic ocean has little soil, shallow metals, and deep metals. Both biomes have Untamed Wilds so I can catch some giant animals to use. To bad arctic oceans are completely frozen over. I would love to feed a puppy to a Greenland Shark.

Now I want do do well without some infinite water source ruining everything.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46818 on: March 20, 2016, 09:02:02 am »

My soldiers killed a werelizard and found a scroll on its corpse.
The title was: It Must Have Been Juices.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46819 on: March 20, 2016, 10:05:09 am »

I accidentally released a cave floater in my training area (mindlessly building some trapped creature cages). My champion now as been diagnosed with cave floater sickness. I don't believe it's lethal though, he should be fine after a while. Good to see that diagnosing it worked properly. It took a day or two to develop after he got gassed, but then he promptly headed to hospital and was diagnosed, then wandered off again (drowsy).
I had kind of meant that cave floater to be used against enemies though. Let's hope more wander into my cage traps.

EDIT: In other news, useless nobles are useless.
I put two blind cave ogres in the training area, and set my champion (platinum warhammer) and his family (wife, silver warhammer, 2 kids, noobs with maces) on them to train. My champion masterfully started the fight with a hit to the foot to both cave ogres, chipping the bone, making them fall and pass out from pain. So there they were, chipping away at skulls with their hammers and maces, for some nice real live combat experience. Cave ogres have hard skulls. They tend to take about a whole page of blows to it with silver warhammers before finally cracking. Or so I thought.

But then, my Queen, and her consort the Duke hammerer strolled in, interrupted their jobs and proceeded to join the fight.

My hammerer ended one cave ogre with a single blow of his crappy artefact bone warhammer. My queen killed the other ogre with a single slash of her axe.
Worthless nobles denying my champion combat xp. Bah.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:46:10 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46820 on: March 20, 2016, 02:10:29 pm »

Ugh. One Word: Keas

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46821 on: March 20, 2016, 02:12:18 pm »

Two words: Giant keas.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46822 on: March 20, 2016, 02:34:15 pm »

Heh, I didn't know a sparring session could include more than two dwarves. Currently, I have a trio sparring. There's 4 dwarves in the squad, one is doing an individual combat drill, the other 3 are sparring.

According to the sparring reports, my champion and hammer lord are duking it out, while a noob macedwarf is bashing away at the hammerlord, with the hammerlord not paying any notice, except for dodging and blocking.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:37:39 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #46823 on: March 20, 2016, 02:54:07 pm »

I gave giant animals [NOFEAR] and [TRAINABLE]. My fort got wrecked by giant keas.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46824 on: March 20, 2016, 02:57:53 pm »

I gave giant animals [NOFEAR] and [TRAINABLE]. My fort got wrecked by giant keas.

Brilliant. o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46825 on: March 20, 2016, 04:02:33 pm »

At one point the trained giant keas were holding the wild giant keas off, but then all the trained ones were killed and the wild ones made off with my cages. Then they rampaged through my fortress, stealing everything not nailed down and killing everything alive.

I still have nightmares.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #46826 on: March 20, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »

RIP the 7 14 dwarves that I've attempted to settle this biome with. I think I'll have to go clear it out with an adventurer before I try again.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46827 on: March 20, 2016, 07:33:03 pm »

I just generated a new world, because I like to do that and look at Legends.

Elves are badass in this world and goblins and dwarves are pushovers.

One elven civ conquered not one but two dwarven civs. Another conquered a goblin civ, something I thought only humans could do. And a human civ conquered another goblin civ, though that was only after raiding the capital for years for those sweet, sweet slaves.

Also, there are two bull demons, one of each gender, and one is the elves' prisoner. SOUNDS LIKE A QUEST

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #46828 on: March 20, 2016, 10:52:51 pm »

I have a vampire who has 710 kills doing my bookkeeping and i thrown in a prisoner in for him to feed on every once in a while.
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46829 on: March 21, 2016, 12:14:57 am »

Another conquered a goblin civ, something I thought only humans could do.
I've seen this happening, in version .42.XX. I wonder if it's more likely than it was in .40.24.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."
Pages: 1 ... 3120 3121 [3122] 3123 3124 ... 3842