Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3119 3120 [3121] 3122 3123 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121190 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46800 on: March 18, 2016, 06:49:39 pm »

Two performance troupes just turned up at the same time. One is a bunch of goblins, nothing unusual there, but what's this? Turns out they're actual real goblins, from a proper demon worshipping, pit dwelling goblin civ. Not these fake human civ goblins that usually turn up. Looking forward to checking out their dance moves.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46801 on: March 18, 2016, 07:03:32 pm »

Oh my god! No! The dead walk! Akk! Call the militariez! Hide the people, put the babies outside! Let loose the cage full of alligators!

...Or not. An undead siege walked by my fully armed, warm blooded fort and just continued on their merry way. Exited the map and everything. This has happened a few times now, actually. I even had a necromancer called out as an intruder, only to continue his conversation in my dining hall with our mayor. Does this necromancer being a chum act as some sort of corpse-away? If so, I'll cut him up and place his body at strategic locations, so the zombies are funneled towards the neighbouring goblin fortress.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46802 on: March 18, 2016, 07:04:52 pm »

Two performance troupes just turned up at the same time. One is a bunch of goblins, nothing unusual there, but what's this? Turns out they're actual real goblins, from a proper demon worshipping, pit dwelling goblin civ. Not these fake human civ goblins that usually turn up. Looking forward to checking out their dance moves.

Same lunacy that's led to kobold camps getting human-native visitors. o.O
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46803 on: March 18, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »

Oh... Well, that's wonderful. Had a weaponsmith who liked longswords, and trained him to be the perfect weaponsmith- and then he goes off and makes me a mica statue of himself forging a longsword...
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46804 on: March 18, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »

Oh... Well, that's wonderful. Had a weaponsmith who liked longswords, and trained him to be the perfect weaponsmith- and then he goes off and makes me a mica statue of himself forging a longsword...

"Ye want a longsword laddie, you'll get a bloody longsword! You'll get me crafting the finest rendition of my finest work ever!"
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46805 on: March 18, 2016, 07:59:39 pm »

I like how requesting a statue of a god doesn't always go to plan. The mason just produced a statue of his brother embracing the god of death. Well, whatever, into the temple with it...

And then there's this beauty they came up with when I wanted a statue of Ac the Strife of Bristling, God of war:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:20:04 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46806 on: March 18, 2016, 08:22:01 pm »

"Ye want a longsword laddie, you'll get a bloody longsword! You'll get me crafting the finest rendition of my finest work ever!"

Worst part is, that was his mood... Le sigh.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46807 on: March 19, 2016, 04:40:22 am »

My fort just lost a deity. Or rather, a titan.
There was one of my initial 10 dwarves, that worshipped a titan. Said dwarf died of old age. The titan is now no longer listed in the create new temple location screen.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46808 on: March 19, 2016, 06:48:38 am »

I was just discussing my last werebeast when suddenly...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Time to send every soldier I have to dogpile the thing before it can infect some hapless civilian.
Oh no.
Of course.
My Master of Coin is headed to the surface to build a road.  ::)
Oh wait, nevermind.
After chasing a random gosling up a tree and ripping it apart it decided to leap into the brook and begin swimming through the tiny tunnel that feeds the cistern under the upstairs well. Halfway there it transformed back into a human. And drowned.
Crisis averted I guess.  :-\

Edit:
In better news, the new Cripplinatortm is functioning perfectly. My squad of practice dummies will be able to keep my doctors well trained.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:03:43 am by Pirate Santa »
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

MaxZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Doot doodoo de doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46809 on: March 19, 2016, 10:24:30 am »

Year 1, bit of a fracas going on at the trade deop at the moment with a wereloris.

The below, i dont quite understand. Has it suspended the liaison in mid air?

Edit - Turns out its a book he was holding. After snatching said book of the Liaison while dodging the caravan guard's attacks, the wereloris decided to use it to beat its owner with.

I love that a supernatural beast is using a book about the supernatural to do this.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:33:26 am by MaxZero »

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46810 on: March 19, 2016, 11:32:32 am »

To the post above:  Well, that was one heck of a book worm for a werebeast.

As for my current fort, I had dealt with a siege of 8 ranged goblins, whom were all disposed of via the dwarven melee corps, and to say the least, 8 came in, none fled successfully.  Unfortunately, several of my grazers did get shot down, and one of my fisherdwarves got injured, but fortunately, he was carried off to the newly assigned hospital.

On the news of non-combat, the dwarves had a discussion with local rivals and agreed one of the dwarves should be queen.  Oh dear, time to make the platinum everything the monarch (hopefully) deserves!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46811 on: March 19, 2016, 12:17:38 pm »

???

There is nothing good about that decoration.
One wheel short of a wagon

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46812 on: March 19, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »

After testing my signature defense, "leave everything open and swarm it with military" against a web-spitting forgotten beast, my entire fortress is dead except my vampire mayor (locked in jail) and a goblin poet (caged.) Fortunately, the beast was shot and killed by a crossbowman visitor; now a performance troupe and a handful of mercenaries are hanging out in my gore-and-corpse pile dining room.

The greatest part is that none of the visitors know where my two citizens are. "Hey, what happened to the dwarves? Are there any left alive?" "Dunno, but there's plenty of booze here, so..."

If I can get a migrant wave next season, I think I'll be OK!
'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we gecided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #46813 on: March 19, 2016, 02:27:11 pm »

I decided to embark in a reanimating and mist cloud rocky wasteland, as a challenge.

Grey langur corpses killed everyone in seconds. GG, game.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #46814 on: March 19, 2016, 07:29:20 pm »

I don't know why I assumed I could just chain an infected civ up. My metalsmith just turned into a were-rhinoceros and killed half my people. The only survivors were my unsuspecting military who were training on the surface, waiting for the first goblin siege.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?
Pages: 1 ... 3119 3120 [3121] 3122 3123 ... 3842