Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3107 3108 [3109] 3110 3111 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122138 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46620 on: March 08, 2016, 08:25:42 pm »

I have so many mussel shells. I'm have to dump them into the refuse stockpile due to the fishery being full of them because all I can use them for is armor, and I have a squad's worth already. >.<
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46621 on: March 08, 2016, 08:38:38 pm »

Craftsdwarves' workshop -> "decorate with shell" for a small value boost and training for your bonecrafters. This may not be a priority for you, however.

Just remember to keep some around for moods.

Tempting, but not useful without a caravan. Though I wonder...do offerings attract migrants even if ITEM_THIEF makes all exports count as stolen?
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46622 on: March 08, 2016, 08:59:23 pm »

I have so many mussel shells. I'm have to dump them into the refuse stockpile due to the fishery being full of them because all I can use them for is armor, and I have a squad's worth already. >.<

Whoah, you can make armor out of mussel shells? Now I have something to deck my two axedwarfs with. I used them as vendor trash for the trade depot and still will since my river has and endless supply of freshwater mussels and no (non-lung/tiger) fish.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46623 on: March 08, 2016, 09:05:28 pm »

A woodcrafter was biten by a weresomething.
I created a squad for him in order to gain better control.
Then I found the name of the squad was "Mechanical Defenders".

Squad leader: Where's my mobile suit?

----------------------------------------

Edit*

Never mind... I went out to do something else. When I returned the dwarf transformed. What a mess.
So I reverted the save before he was biten.

----------------------------------------

Edit*2

Well this time the woodcrafter died.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:43:36 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46624 on: March 08, 2016, 11:05:25 pm »

Whoah, you can make armor out of mussel shells? Now I have something to deck my two axedwarfs with. I used them as vendor trash for the trade depot and still will since my river has and endless supply of freshwater mussels and no (non-lung/tiger) fish.

To a limited extent in vanilla. Helms, leggings, and gauntlets. For my take on Kobold Camp I simply made all types of armor the kobolds produce natively freely available using bone, shell, or leather. :V
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46625 on: March 09, 2016, 12:13:14 am »

Bëmbul Ducimtinöth, Peasant has created Tögum Ashmôn, a crundle bone battle axe!
Bëmbul Ducimtinöth has become a Bone Carver.

Maybe I should recruit him and arm him with the axe.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46626 on: March 09, 2016, 08:18:31 am »

Craftsdwarves' workshop -> "decorate with shell" for a small value boost and training for your bonecrafters. This may not be a priority for you, however.

Just remember to keep some around for moods.
You know, I haven't seen a strange mood that requires shells once in v42.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #46627 on: March 09, 2016, 08:45:15 am »

Bëmbul Ducimtinöth, Peasant has created Tögum Ashmôn, a crundle bone battle axe!
Bëmbul Ducimtinöth has become a Bone Carver.

Maybe I should recruit him and arm him with the axe.
Then send him to the caverns, forever to seek the blood of crundles.

I wonder if he lost some family to the red menace? That would be fun.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46628 on: March 09, 2016, 10:33:00 am »

Birod Spongyguilds has claimed the position of lady of The Group of Candies.

So a human mercenary became the leader of a human civilization I never heard of.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46629 on: March 09, 2016, 01:05:13 pm »

I've seen one of my moody dwarfs in v42 use not only one, but two of the four shells I had preserved for strange moods. What a ***.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46630 on: March 09, 2016, 01:14:59 pm »

I've seen one of my moody dwarfs in v42 use not only one, but two of the four shells I had preserved for strange moods. What a ***.
Are you sure that the particular moody dwarf in question wasn't using it in place of bones? Because if they can still demand shells specifically, well that's bad news for me. I've gotten in the habit of going on embarks without rivers where shells can't be obtained....though maybe I could break that habit. Say, other than using burrows, there any way to make sure that your dwarfs will ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT use wells instead of rivers for cleaning, drinking and such?

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46631 on: March 09, 2016, 01:25:17 pm »

Say, other than using burrows, there any way to make sure that your dwarfs will ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT use wells instead of rivers for cleaning, drinking and such?

Orders section, zone sub-section, set water source to zone-only.

Meanwhile in Kobold Kamp, I think I might test whether giving them caravans and the ability to accept tribute will allow me to attract migrants. I might still enable caravans anyway, but that's rather derpy with all exports counting as stolen. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46632 on: March 09, 2016, 01:36:27 pm »

I ignored another mandate. The hammerer exploded a poor dwarf's left eye into gore with his adamantine warhammer. I should add more cloaks to my dwarves' uniforms. although if I can get this dwarf to lose another eye, I'll have a good siege operator candidate.

I wonder.. can blind dwarves still get a watch dance, or watch combat training job?

EDIT: also, YAY. My second couple of 1st generation children have married. Which means my grandchildren can have friends now.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:44:55 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46633 on: March 09, 2016, 01:47:13 pm »

And a human swordsman dares to enter our magical realm. To visit our tavern. :V
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46634 on: March 09, 2016, 02:02:05 pm »

I ignored another mandate. The hammerer exploded a poor dwarf's left eye into gore with his adamantine warhammer. I should add more cloaks to my dwarves' uniforms. although if I can get this dwarf to lose another eye, I'll have a good siege operator candidate.

I wonder.. can blind dwarves still get a watch dance, or watch combat training job?

EDIT: also, YAY. My second couple of 1st generation children have married. Which means my grandchildren can have friends now.
Dear god, what are these mandates and why they so hard to fulfill when you know that someone will get hurt every time you ignore one? I ignore almost all mandates, but then I don't ever bother using the justice system so no one gets hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 3107 3108 [3109] 3110 3111 ... 3842