Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3105 3106 [3107] 3108 3109 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122395 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46590 on: March 07, 2016, 03:30:22 am »

Stockpiles of green goo.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:55:03 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46591 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:40 am »

It was inevitable. Meanwhile, back in kobold kamp...

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

Anyone tried this idea of foiling climbers via an all-around moat and a high enough wall using blocks? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #46592 on: March 07, 2016, 04:00:55 am »

Aren't Human Lawgivers supposed to show up with the caravan? It was four years before he showed up, and then this year he showed up but there is no caravan?
I've been a great trade partner... I've given them piles of free crafts!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46593 on: March 07, 2016, 04:29:58 am »

...why are the lungfish hovering in midair?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #46594 on: March 07, 2016, 05:07:31 am »

I noticed the Human Lawgiver was flashing, so I looked in his inventory and he was wearing a dwarf bone crown.
I'm not alright with that. And apparently his guards weren't either, as they have done nothing to stop my military from cutting him to ribbons.

Yep, he was a vampire. Or at least using a pseudonym and wearing trophies from dead dwarves, humans, and magpie men. Mostly magpie men actually...

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46595 on: March 07, 2016, 05:22:32 am »

Elven hybridization experiments, they were crossed with flying fish to create the perfect amphibious waranimal but the abominations couldn't be contained and escaped. Just be glad they got away before the elves could further cross them with piranhas.

--

Just lost my fort to a desert titan, it had knock-out gas for breath and basically just one-shotted everyone as they ran up to meet him.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46596 on: March 07, 2016, 12:18:25 pm »

Elven hybridization experiments, they were crossed with flying fish to create the perfect amphibious waranimal but the abominations couldn't be contained and escaped. Just be glad they got away before the elves could further cross them with piranhas.

Now I'm wishing I could order my bowkobolds to kill the little buggers. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46597 on: March 07, 2016, 04:10:11 pm »

Built a water system that a) cleans people entering the fort, b) mists the tavern/dining room, c) fills a cistern for the well, d) muds an underground pasture, e) muds an underground tree-farm, and f) drains into the caverns. FPS only dropped from 197 to 194 from before it was operational vs now.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46598 on: March 07, 2016, 04:50:40 pm »

This Dwarf-getting-trapped-in-trees thing is starting to REALLY annoy me.  To me this is a bug and is starting to ruin my current Fortress and story.   >:(
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46599 on: March 07, 2016, 06:02:36 pm »

get DF-hack and use Warn-starving. Should atleast save your dwarves

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46600 on: March 07, 2016, 06:38:05 pm »

I finally got a fort off the ground and my dwarfs are surviving well. I have a trap-loaded entrance to I can profit off anything stupid enough to come into my land. It seemed to work a little too well.

It's not even finished yet

I have no idea what to do with crundles and trogs that have been caught, they can be butchered and eaten no problem and (the crundles at least) can't be tamed, they don't have any knowledge by anyone so they probably can't. The troglodytes can be taught to learn at slow rate but I don't have a library yet. They aren't scared of my dwarfs so I may have a chance to indoctrinate them. A caravan is also here so I can ship off the buggers and maybe go elsewhere so I don't have to care about them anymore.

Magma is a must, silver, gold, iron, and copper is useless at the moment and I need to go splunking to find some..... but something got some ant people and a troglodyte.

Yeeeah, I'm scared that what got them may also kill my spluenkers. It could have been a giant cave spider, or worse, A FORGOTTEN BEAST!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:40:07 pm by Etc_Guy »

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #46601 on: March 07, 2016, 06:43:42 pm »

I'm failing to make any progress on my fort due to the game incessantly crashing.  I must've spent the past two hours going through the same few in-game days trying to "jiggle" it out of its slump.  :(

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46602 on: March 07, 2016, 08:27:08 pm »

...I got a goblin swordsman visiting my tavern. This is not only the first goblin visitor I can recall encountering, but seeing as we're kobolds...

I just realized, this means BOTH of my forts, desktop and laptop, have visitors visiting a tavern that has no booze. >w<

EDIT: Ohgod. I burrowed the kobolds and tried to station my archers in the watchtower, and the goblin...walked on past one of the bowkobolds. I guess she's...friendly? To kobolds.

EDIT 2: Here to relax. With kobolds. We have no booze. We don't even have a WELL, what is WRONG with you lady?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:35:54 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46603 on: March 07, 2016, 09:08:10 pm »

Known bug.

Don't know if anybody has any idea why they can fly, or whether they fly consistently (ie: if every embark with lungfish has flying lungfish), but it's been on Toady's to-do list since 2012 and v34.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46604 on: March 07, 2016, 09:15:44 pm »

...I got a goblin swordsman visiting my tavern. This is not only the first goblin visitor I can recall encountering, but seeing as we're kobolds...

I just realized, this means BOTH of my forts, desktop and laptop, have visitors visiting a tavern that has no booze. >w<

EDIT: Ohgod. I burrowed the kobolds and tried to station my archers in the watchtower, and the goblin...walked on past one of the bowkobolds. I guess she's...friendly? To kobolds.

EDIT 2: Here to relax. With kobolds. We have no booze. We don't even have a WELL, what is WRONG with you lady?

Goblins don't drink booze (unless someone sticks it in a mug and hands it to them, apparently).

I just love it when a were creature shows up with wrestling skill. One just arrived and jumped a couple of civilians before my military could arrive. Instead of biting them over and over, it has chosen to put on a wrestling demonstration with one of them. He passed out after having his knee bent in a direction it was never designed to go, but the weretapir is continuing to grab him in various holds, and releasing him. Over and over. There has been only one bite so far, and it just did bruising. If the weretapir keeps this up for a little while, my troops might just get there in time to save the poor guy.

It's also nice when they grab a piece of clothing and start beating people with it. Oh yeah, beat up that fisherdwarf with his own silk hood. Keep beating him. Pay no attention to that axelord coming up behind you. A little longer...
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.
Pages: 1 ... 3105 3106 [3107] 3108 3109 ... 3842