Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3102 3103 [3104] 3105 3106 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122818 times)

HiddenEyes056

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh my gosh!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46545 on: March 04, 2016, 06:00:38 pm »

What do? Doesn't deconstructing the depot cause bad things to happen?

To my memory, deconstructing the depot just causes all their goods to fly everywhere and for them to leave, basically giving you everything for free.
So basically the Mountainhomes is now sending complimentary cheese dip with every caravan.
A named spider who died centuries before I even played was helping rescue kids I had in fact rescued.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46546 on: March 04, 2016, 06:02:31 pm »

He was giving zero fucks about being terrified. It certainly didn't stop him from pursuing our non-existent tavern.

And...oh. The OTHER outpost liaison is now a ghost. Guess I'll set up a slab, because no way am I going out there to bury him. Oh wait, he's busy being a zombie anyway.

And since we have a THIRD outpost liaison, I guess I'll make that two slabs. Will they ever learn?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46547 on: March 04, 2016, 06:20:03 pm »

Maybe he's just terribly thirsty.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46548 on: March 04, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »

"I want my beer damnit, even if I have to wade through goblin blood and put down every zombie in town with just my shitty musical instrument!" o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #46549 on: March 04, 2016, 06:24:28 pm »

"I want my beer damnit, even if I have to wade through goblin blood and put down every zombie in town with just my shitty musical instrument!" o3o
can i sig?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46550 on: March 04, 2016, 06:27:15 pm »

can i sig?

Go ahead. XP

EDIT: Ral's ghost vanished and I can't find his name on the engrave menu. Funny, there are reptile people I can memorialize.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:03:38 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46551 on: March 04, 2016, 07:09:15 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, people are always welcome to sig anything I say in the forums. I do appreciate it when people mention that they're doing so, it's nice to know that people enjoy something I said. :)

Edit: Going through the goblinite left over from the latest siege, i notice that almost every pile of forbidden stuff contains a musical instrument in addition to the usual copper weapon & shield, troll fur loincloths & such. It appears that I was invaded by a goblin marching band.

Edit2: Oddly enough, the instruments aren't enclosed in parens (), like all the other objects that the goblins brought. So it looks like:
({blind cave bear leather sandal})
{green glass angkasp}
({-dwarf tooth bracelet})

There are also two books. One titled "The Abduction Uncovered" about the abduction of a dwarf by a goblin, and the other entitled "Inquiries on the Gutter" about a goblin pits. So they brought along a goblin HOWTO manual and a goblin travel guide. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:28:33 pm by khearn »
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46552 on: March 04, 2016, 08:20:38 pm »

This giant bat is taking such a fisting from these zombie troglodytes. Also, a poet arrives to test his luck. Unlike the last moron to visit this hellhole, he doesn't even have an instrument to brain zeds with.

Place your bets, on what's gonna fuck him up first. We got 1 hostile crossbowman, 1 zombie water buffalo, 1 zombie desert tortoise, 1 zombie kingsnake, 2 zombie raven heads, and 4 zombie humans.

EDIT: Good news and bad news. Good news is he's still alive. Bad news is he's getting ineffectually curb-stomped by those two zombie humans.

Also? A DWARF poet arrived, got his ass whupped by a different human zed. This attracted the attention of the outpost liaison, who also died rapidly. This makes the THIRD outpost liaison this outpost has claimed. Shortly thereafter the zed, now dubbed Rhymedsmears, got pulped by an axedorf.

Also also? A maceman arrived, banzai-crossed the hostile-to-life crossbowman, and fucked up the traitor arbalist without even a scratch. Only to later get fucked up by the zombie water buffalo, now named Armorsprinkle.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:03:23 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Midboss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46553 on: March 04, 2016, 11:11:49 pm »

A Marsh Titan composed of mud is endlessly bruising and shooting webs at an echidna at the edge of the map. My marksdwarves are just outside of range in a tower. There are also two dead dwarves lying on the ground who teleported out of the tower while sparring and were quickly smashed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46554 on: March 04, 2016, 11:21:30 pm »

...a lady consort has visited our fake tavern. I think we've officially become Natural Selection Incarnate.

EDIT: And thus begins the eternal cycle of ineffectual zombie fisting. She actually woke up and recovered enough to flee some more. Hasn't once bothered to fight back, despite wielding a perfectly good guitar.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:34:53 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46555 on: March 04, 2016, 11:40:47 pm »

Just a quick one.

If I want to take a peek at Legends mode by retiring my fort, and then come back to that save like I never retired it, I only need to backup the contents of /save, right? No other folders will need to be rolled back?

I have some semi-megabeasts I want to learn more about.

Yeah, just back up the region1 folder, or whatever your save file will be called.

Meanwhile...holy shit, both the poet and lady consort are awake and fighting back.

EDIT: The lady consort is KO'd again, and the poet is fighting back despite only being able to PUSH due to a spinal fracture.

EDIT 2: Poet finally died. I think it took half a year.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:51:17 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46556 on: March 05, 2016, 12:11:15 am »

Thanks.

I had a look at my site in Legends mode. Remember how the merchants weren't leaving? Well, I deconstructed the trade depot just before retiring the fort and they left. Then this is the most recent note in Legends mode about my group and my site:

"In the early winter of 555, The Faithful Metal of The Lenses of Brushing at the settlement of Burialgranite regained their senses after an initial period of questionable judgement."

...from which I infer that the merchants thought they were being held against their will or some such thing?
Heeheehee, nope. That's Legend's way of saying that a fort has been retired. :P
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46557 on: March 05, 2016, 03:01:50 am »

Well, no back from laptop to desktop, you know what that means...

Random_Dragon is taken by a koboldy mood!

The future moat is almost finished, I'm gonna dig an access tunnel underneath it. This allows me a way to lock the doors without providing a way for invaders to actually REACH the wall itself. At least, not without having a swim.

EDIT: ...a weasel just blitzed right past one of my kobolds for no apparent reason.

EDIT 2: The tunnel is finished. Just need a proper wall and we should be a bit more resistant to invasion.

EDIT 3: I've engineered a cavein bomb to try and bypass the aquifer, like with the 7 sealed dorfs fort. Also, regarding Krafabluldu, the chieftain. "He tends to avoid any physical confrontations, and he works to square this natural tendency with his respect of martial prowess."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:38:37 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46558 on: March 05, 2016, 05:44:59 am »

Fuuuuck I just realized why I've yet to get any kobold migrants! I still had population caps set to 7 due to previous fucking around in Coldtomb. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #46559 on: March 05, 2016, 06:12:56 am »

Deformity without limits  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 3102 3103 [3104] 3105 3106 ... 3842