Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3101 3102 [3103] 3104 3105 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122802 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46530 on: March 03, 2016, 02:51:06 am »

Time to arrange a accident or invoke a mood with your metal crafters.
What if I don't have hammerer and guards?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46531 on: March 03, 2016, 02:53:09 am »

The duchess had a new demand...OK.
Oh, fine pewter something, I think I have some...

j - m - q ... fine pewter b... what? bed!?

My advice? Arrange for a "bed" of fine pewter, namely a floor tiled over with fine pewter bars. Then "introduce" her to it via a drop from a retractable bridge. Ideally long enough that she'll get "acquainted" with her new funiture in the most efficient manner possible.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46532 on: March 03, 2016, 02:55:56 am »

EDIT: Post excised because I derped and doubleposted. Doh.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:53:52 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46533 on: March 03, 2016, 04:49:05 am »

Just ignore the demand. She'll forget about it eventually.

Or prime a dwarf that likes beds for a smith mood, and only have fine pewter bars available. (or keep savescumming with a metalsmith mood without item preference until you get a bed)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:57:05 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46534 on: March 03, 2016, 08:18:03 am »

This is a granite memorial to Ocba Pirniada.
The slab read "In memory of Ocba Pirniada / Born 33 / Died peacefully in the year 120 / Slayer of the Goblin Manormeadows / Lover of The Lark of Fragrances".

:'(

Oh, a human axe lord died of old age while drinking.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46535 on: March 03, 2016, 10:43:09 pm »

Well this should be entertaining.

On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46536 on: March 03, 2016, 10:49:54 pm »

Well this should be entertaining.

What's a "prolokin"?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46537 on: March 03, 2016, 10:53:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And as I've already discovered, I forgot to add weaver and clothier to their allowed professions, after I decided to give them access to domestic animals. Oh well.

EDIT: Dunker. THAT'S our outpost name? Kobold am much smart. Oh well, let's see how Fun joyous wilds are...

EDIT 2: Oh shit a giant grasshopper is throwing my dogs around like ragdolls.

EDIT 3: Terminated the grasshopper, thankfully our only male dog made it through with only a mangled tail. Progress on what I deem Project Mussel is going well at least.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:58:48 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #46538 on: March 04, 2016, 07:13:26 am »

Well, my militia commander's name and title is now long enough that on the nobles screen it goes past the [mandate] box by 7 letters.

Also, I am now a barony! Time to make rooms for the new noble i guess...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46539 on: March 04, 2016, 07:41:06 am »

The ever-present stuck-in-tree bug claims a fisherman.  Good thing I had a tomb built already.

Housing program continue apace. The loss of someone to a bug instead of conflict is... less than ideal though.

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46540 on: March 04, 2016, 08:30:10 am »

My queen decided that she absolutely had to clean up the recently squished pets that lay scattered aroun my entrance while the giant that had done the squishing was still standing there.

Locked the doors after that so no one important got hurt. What was most hillarious was that the area was being peppered by bolts from my marksdwarfs camping out in their little snipers nest.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46541 on: March 04, 2016, 12:53:50 pm »

Finally got a siege in my new fort. My military rushed to fight it, but partway through I noticed a report of an axelord attacking my militia commander. I *know* the goblins didn't arrive with an axelord, so I take a closer look, and sure enough, some of my troops are attacking others of my troops, while in the middle of a battle with goblins. I took a close look at the axelord and the commander, and both were still citizens of the Big Sling (my dwarf civ), and both still  members of The Blunt Boots (my group). So it doesn't appear to have been a "canonical" loyalty cascade. The battle continued and eventually no more "friendly fire" incidents. I ended up with the captains of both of my melee squads dead, plus 3 others. My best guess is that the squad captains were a couple of jerks and the troops decided to frag them at the first opportunity in combat.

Also saw a couple of interesting thoughts during the battle.

Urdim Bomreksakrith, Hammer lord: Sodel Stokedfortress is dead. I guess it could be considered grimly satisfying.
Urdim Bomreksakrith, Hammer Lord: Urdim Whippedblazed, slayer of Sodel Stokedfortress.  There is no need for celebration.

Sodel Stokedfortress was the militia commander, who Urdim had just killed.
Urdim Bomreksakrith is Urdim Whippedblazed.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46542 on: March 04, 2016, 03:13:16 pm »

Now that I'm on the laptop, it's back from Dunker the kobold kamp to Coldtomb the dorf fort prison. Now a bard has been stupid enough to visit The Stupid Inn.

He panicked, ran around a lot, then got mauled half to death by a zombie eagle before he krumped it in the face with his bone horn. Now to see if the crossbowman, who's still opposed to life, will finish the poor stupid bastard off.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46543 on: March 04, 2016, 05:28:09 pm »

The bard is missing his teeth, vomiting like crazy, overcome by terror...and slowly crawling towards the fake tavern, through a field soaked in goblin blood.

This guy just gives zero fucks.

EDIT: He recovered, only to get chased around, worn down, KO'd, and gangbanged by two zombified former tavern visitors. And I think now he's lost all his teeth.

EDIT 2: The two zeds couldn't managed to inflict enough damage to finish the bard, but when the undead water buffalo joined the fight...splat.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:35:29 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46544 on: March 04, 2016, 05:31:45 pm »

The bard is missing his teeth, vomiting like crazy, overcome by terror...and slowly crawling towards the fake tavern, through a field soaked in goblin blood.

This guy just gives zero fucks.

Wouldn't the terror say otherwise?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 
Pages: 1 ... 3101 3102 [3103] 3104 3105 ... 3842