Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3036 3037 [3038] 3039 3040 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121635 times)

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
  • I Fight for Nod!! POWER:30 PEACE:35
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45555 on: January 16, 2016, 02:29:04 pm »

Well i have a dwarf and kea war going on and then repeats in another year in my fort. but this time some kea stole some artifact gneiss amulet. which was worthless anyway! ( at least the creator of the artifact didn't throw a tantrum anyway. :) ).

And i just kickstarted my plump helmet & pig tail farm. but right now i just let water flow into the underground layer where theres a dead troll and cave croc. ( Killed by Omep the hairy forgotten frog of DOOM.)

and my random glassmaker went in a strange mood and i don't have any sand in the map anywhere! so i locked her in a room with a glass kiln for her to sit on until she goes mad and i threw in a random gorlak that tripped one my cage traps underground because i don't know what im even doing! ( i was hoping the gorlak would attack my glassmaker in a strange mood but he just wonders around the room anyway, oh well atleast she has someone to company her until she goes berserk or whatever. )

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's been a long time old friend.

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45556 on: January 16, 2016, 02:34:59 pm »

Gorlaks make me so sad  :-[

But dammit 111444 it's about the principles. You are now defeated by parrots.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45557 on: January 16, 2016, 02:41:03 pm »

No, a kea took something away that nobody wanted, and was preventing a better artifact (eventually), and making people come and kill you (wealth). You tricked the kea into winning.

Gorlak vs Glassmaker fight should be interesting. Nasty bite, but weak fighters.
One wheel short of a wagon

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45558 on: January 16, 2016, 02:42:32 pm »

I never understood why "I must withdraw!" shows up in the combat logs immediately after a hunter kills something. Anything, really.

I never realized before because I don't look down there very much, but holy shit are my caverns every clogged with trees. Once everything down there is either caught or dead, I'm going to do some serious lumberjacking down there. Sure, it'll piss off the elves, but my dwarfs are losing reasons to go outside by the day, so if they send an ambush they'll probably all die in weapon traps before anyone even sees them and if they send a siege they'll just suffer the same fate as the goblins.

Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
  • I Fight for Nod!! POWER:30 PEACE:35
    • View Profile
« Reply #45559 on: January 16, 2016, 03:08:45 pm »

I don't know Frisian. i think i have 6 or more hunters with one of them that's also a potter? they are the bane to giant elephants and rhinos using their wooden elfy bolts that killed one of so many. it also gave me 3500 meat in my stocks too. There's also giant parakeets too and they also shot the one that's the closest to the land or that's resting in a tree... BAM! Helpless in the ground!

Right now one of them are participating in the kea and dwarf war shooting the air like maniacs and lunatics doing thier violent and barbaric dwarven warcries.

and now one of them decimating and weakening my FB problem.

No, a kea took something away that nobody wanted, and was preventing a better artifact (eventually), and making people come and kill you (wealth). You tricked the kea into winning.

Wait i did? im winning?  :D wait what about adamantine good stuff?!

well i also found 2 named crundles who killed a group of frog people down there when my dwarves made some engraving of them striking down a amphibian man and statues.

Well i hope that the second level of the subterranean doesn't have any more nasty surprises also theres native gold but no hematite or magnetite! >:(   
It's been a long time old friend.

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45560 on: January 16, 2016, 03:19:45 pm »

I never understood why "I must withdraw!" shows up in the combat logs immediately after a hunter kills something. Anything, really.

hah, even without killing. Just expending all the bolts - leaving the poor tortured being to ... cringe, I guess makes them go 'aaah oh no'.

It's not about how good the artefact is. It's about it being an artefact.

And they're SUPPOSED to come and kill you!

Besides that, 'mispeller'? I guess I can kill you now. :P
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45561 on: January 16, 2016, 03:35:17 pm »

hah, even without killing. Just expending all the bolts - leaving the poor tortured being to ... cringe, I guess makes them go 'aaah oh no'.
That makes sense at least. If you're hunting something and you run out of ammunition, you run back to the fortress, grab some more ammo, then run back to the creature and continue shooting it. Once Toady programs dwarfs to ask themselves "have I injured this creature so badly that it's perfectly viable/safe to go up to it and beat it to death" this behavior should stop.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45562 on: January 16, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »

Yeah but they're still going 'oh no oh wailywaily woe is me' rather than 'hm, dang'.

And usually if they do fetch new bolts they'll just slowly torture some other creature instead. Unless the hunter happens also to be military in which case he might try getting some hammerdwarf xp in.

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45563 on: January 16, 2016, 06:07:15 pm »

Oh my god...for the first time after several years another dwarven caravan has arrived in Rocksinged.
Almost no news either...strange.
Just strange...
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45564 on: January 16, 2016, 06:16:10 pm »

Well i have a dwarf and kea war going on and then repeats in another year in my fort. but this time some kea stole some artifact gneiss amulet. which was worthless anyway! ( at least the creator of the artifact didn't throw a tantrum anyway. :) ).

And i just kickstarted my plump helmet & pig tail farm. but right now i just let water flow into the underground layer where theres a dead troll and cave croc. ( Killed by Omep the hairy forgotten frog of DOOM.)

and my random glassmaker went in a strange mood and i don't have any sand in the map anywhere! so i locked her in a room with a glass kiln for her to sit on until she goes mad and i threw in a random gorlak that tripped one my cage traps underground because i don't know what im even doing! ( i was hoping the gorlak would attack my glassmaker in a strange mood but he just wonders around the room anyway, oh well atleast she has someone to company her until she goes berserk or whatever. )

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Throw a war dog ito the room with it. Gorlaks have 'dog food' written on them in big meaty letters.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45565 on: January 16, 2016, 06:28:14 pm »

Maybe your dwarfs are all cowards; I can't even remember the last time one of my dwarfs gave me one of those messages in a hunt.

Anyways, I've been thinking about one of my speardwarfs; she views the pursuit of knowledge as deeply important and though it never shows up in the combat logs she always gets terrified in combat.....making the fact that she's scored the most kills of any dwarf in the fort except for the hunters quite impressive! I know just what do with her. I'll have her train my future scholars in the arts of war (and more importantly, discipline, observation, and student/teacher relationships) and then I'll reward her by letting her join the scholars. She shall teach them, and since she has no scholarly skills except for pump operator they shall then teach her. Of course, I can't have my scholars risking their lives on clean up duty, troglodyte removal or (heaven forbid) Forgotten Beast attack, so I need to set up all the equipment for my "real" military. Which means I need to make lots of steel. Which means it's time to melt and smelt.

Oh look, some more goblinite just showed up.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45566 on: January 16, 2016, 06:43:53 pm »

I've just had an artifact crossbow named Dimpleankle.

Well... close enough.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #45567 on: January 16, 2016, 07:23:25 pm »

Beware the Dimpleankle. You snigger, sir, but what do you think "dimpled" Achilles?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

deeper

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Choose determinism!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45568 on: January 16, 2016, 07:26:26 pm »

ˇHi! Spanish newbie over here.

Anyways, in my current fort I just lost my fourth manager/bookkeeper to the terrible plague... of nobility. Seriously, as soon as I appoint someone, before the year is out he or she inherits a title, I have three barons/baronesses and a king who could found the former managers club, and I don't even have my own baron yet!

I almost wish the Goblins hurried up and killed the remains of the falling empire.
« Reply #45569 on: January 16, 2016, 08:33:51 pm »

One of my dwarves spazzed and made a bronze spear named "The Silent Mother." I'll take it!
Pages: 1 ... 3036 3037 [3038] 3039 3040 ... 3842