Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3031 3032 [3033] 3034 3035 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121279 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45480 on: January 13, 2016, 07:34:58 pm »

Due to modding the game to deliver dwarven caravans every month, a small army of traders appears and seems very inclined to put bolts into everything that moves. Its good for me because i can cherrypick the metal bolts at my leisure, but a disturbing pattern of persistent kea attacks have a number of my dwarves vengefully scarred, 2nd year, 5 confirmed kea kills from the merchant brigade including a wild panda, but the green flappy menace does not stop to try and loot my all year round active trade depot.

Importing fish livestock for science is very time consuming.

Jefthefirst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45481 on: January 13, 2016, 08:15:10 pm »

An interesting guest has come to my fort's Library. I've attracted quite a few dwarven/human geographers, naturalists, historians but Zozusp is...

Unique.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just atom smashed 30 children.

SomeoneSneaky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45482 on: January 13, 2016, 08:23:16 pm »

Yay!

<expletive deleted>
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45483 on: January 13, 2016, 09:53:26 pm »

This is my first time embarking on a glacier. Wasn't too bad. I was rather unprepared for the yeti, but they haven't been as bad as I feared. An unarmed civilian can usually punch one enough to get it to pass out, but will exhaust himself punch its head once it's unconscious. But drafting someone who can grab a copper axe will do the trick. And an actual soldier with a bronze or steel weapon has no trouble against a yeti.

Having no wood or soil aboveground meant I had to send people into the caverns, and the cave crocs were worse than the yeti until I got a few soldiers training full time down there.

One interesting thing I just discovered it that you can sell chunks of ice to the elves (and presumably humans and dwarves). I'd like to see the look on their faces when they get home and the ice all melts.

"Hey! look at the bargain we got from those stupid dwarves! Just 3 coin each for these nice chunks of... er... water... that's leaking out of the grown cotton sacks on our mules..."
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45484 on: January 13, 2016, 09:55:38 pm »

"Hey! look at the bargain we got from those stupid dwarves! Just 3 coin each for these nice chunks of... er... water... that's leaking out of the grown cotton sacks on our mules..."

And they thought they were getting all that shiny light blue crystal at a steal!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45485 on: January 13, 2016, 10:52:57 pm »

An interesting guest has come to my fort's Library. I've attracted quite a few dwarven/human geographers, naturalists, historians but Zozusp is...

Unique.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Worldgen tells me that I have a couple of suicidal Gorlak beast hunters walking the earth somewhere. Would love to have them come visit.

You want to take on the feathered crocodile and the giant cave spiders? Sure, be my guest little fella...
5 urists says he won't last 30 seconds on the third layer...

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45486 on: January 13, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »

According to the decoration on my brand spanking new artifact giant wombat bone spear, Reg Touchpainted THE BRIDE OF THE MIDNIGHT OGRE was crowned queen of my civilization in year 1. I'm just going to assume that she was made THE BRIDE OF THE MIDNIGHT OGRE sometime after her crowning. Boy, that must have caused a lot of drama in worldgen.....
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45487 on: January 14, 2016, 12:54:51 am »

Two dwarves come, bards of a distant tribe who sought to spread their musical forms to the world. They bring ill-tidings.

A massive horde of goblins and those raised by them have declared that subjugated menfolk must be destroyed! This army calls itself The Dread of Singing, and the beards who lie slain in a garbage pond were warriors of the horde. (I'm at full war with the goblins! Woot!)

A group of other men arrive at an opportune time. Among them is a crippled but feared warrior who slew many giant monsters, by the name of Vica. She and another warrior reform War Party Ram. Even with a crutch, she will be a valuable addition for her knowledge. On is also granted a range, that he may train in shame alone with his bow, and meditate o his failings as a War Leader.

The warriors must begin training fully, that they may best the next assault. In honor of this, a bone breastplate and warrior mask have been bestowed upon the war cheif, while Vica has received a bone mask and axe.

A slew of warriors and wandering artists arrived and packed the tiny tavern. The Innman now considers requesting the lumbermen clear an area for him to build a new inn. Especially considering the horde of performers that decided to take up residence. Perhaps some of the warriors will decide to stay (and hopefully die in place of Ambers.)

EDIT: Terror! A Giant Cave Spider sets upon the tribe! Fortunately three warriors were on hand, and headed it off before it was able to reach the main part of the cavehome. All three suffered wounds, but none suffered more than Leto the clubman, who also slew the monster.

He will never walk unaided by crutch again.

EDIt II: With a little cheating to get a needed tool, I present The Struggle of Gogol the Woodcrafter.

Trapped. Drew the short stick, sent to retrieve a slain troll for disposal.

The hatch was locked after an echoing chirp of a martin rang through the cave. He saw the beast thrice, and escaped each time. He fled down the passage into the further deeps, whilst the martin slew mole dogs. Three hunks of birch awaits him, left collecting webs by a building crew some time ago. He sets to work; he would not let the beast claim him.

First he fashioned a hatchet, once he tested a log's edge against the top of a red fungus tree. Second, he finished the crude stairwell. Third, he sealed the path up with a large log of strange yellow fungus. Now, he looks for edibles. The cave water will provide him with hydration. Once food is found, a small home for himself, as he is likely condemned to this place until his death.

That death will be far from now if Gogol can help it.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45488 on: January 14, 2016, 03:46:56 am »

Station each squad in a different place and see is Onul ends up running back and forth.

BTW, what uniform is he wearing?
I've fixed the issue already but he carried the morningstar of the great oars.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45489 on: January 14, 2016, 03:48:05 am »

It seems a policy  of suddenly murdering visiting bards isn't getting a message across to professional performers.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45490 on: January 14, 2016, 03:50:48 am »

but it doesn't cause in-fort troubles?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45491 on: January 14, 2016, 04:14:48 am »

Only issue that arose was when a merc took a fighting axe to a bard from his civ. He was swiftly executed by a hammerman he went after.

There is now a big pile of dead guys, and a performance troupe was even exterminated on arrival.

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45492 on: January 14, 2016, 04:20:34 am »

How fares Gogol, Splint?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45493 on: January 14, 2016, 04:36:31 am »

How fares Gogol, Splint?

Safe, for now. He found plump helmets and quarry bushes, and from these and the cavern lake, he may yet survive. Building some sort of house is probably in order, in fact.

The beast that trapped him is severely injured in that everything is yellow. I'm hoping enough hits will eventually disable one of its legs (at which point the warriors armed with edged weapons might be able to kill it and rescue him.)

A plan was hatched to drop a ceiling on the thing, but the lack of mechanisms prevented readying a trap.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45494 on: January 14, 2016, 06:01:06 am »

Waiting for Tulon the Thresher to turn into a weremarmot while socializing in my dining room/tavern. As are some 23 melee dwarfs.  As fantasized my mayor ended him. Knocked his head clean orf with his steel battle axe.

But apparently game didn't pause like I thought it would.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:05:29 am by FrisianDude »
Pages: 1 ... 3031 3032 [3033] 3034 3035 ... 3842