Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2989 2990 [2991] 2992 2993 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6089756 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44850 on: December 24, 2015, 03:57:57 pm »

One of my human mercenary soldiers just became the new Lady of her civilization.

I guess the humans are under my militia captain's command now  :D

I guess I should change her name. That's how much I usually care about gender when naming my mercenaries  ::)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:00:57 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44851 on: December 24, 2015, 04:06:30 pm »

At least Mab is already a queen's name.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44852 on: December 24, 2015, 04:07:46 pm »

I had that happen to the first merc I got. Though as he was a lord consort to begin with, I should've expected that.

And I had one of my dorfs inherit the position of baroness. Had to hastily give her the opulent trappings I gave the mayor (expecting to appoint the mayor as baron later on) and make new quarters for him.

Up until the mayor banned exporting of earrings, at which point I went full dictator and appointed the baroness as mayor.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #44853 on: December 24, 2015, 04:24:03 pm »

Fellhex finally encountered a threat capable of causing it serious problems.  Routine cleanup of a human siege was complicated when I discovered that one of my rastav mercenaries is a berserker.  The scent of the Green Rage on his breath drove half the squad into the same frenzy, and they fell upon each other with fang and claw.  This either started a loyalty cascade, or uncovered old enmities between some of my visitors, and another rastav mercenary got into a fight with several of my bards and such.  When he started chopping up my newly acquired legendary weaponsmith, I decided to retire Fellhex and let things calm down a bit.  I've been wanting to test how my playable goblin civ works in the new version anyway, so the Heavy Spikes of the Rare Threat founded Spearclose.  Strike the earth!
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Tygroux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44854 on: December 24, 2015, 06:09:18 pm »

except for the second in command, who single-handedly murderstabbed the thing to death

Oh crap. He was actually bitten, and lost both his arms to the poison. He's still very valuable at teaching dodging and a good leader though, I hesitate at retiring him yet. Probably will leave him as permanent leader of the trainee squad.

On the other side, huge migrant wave jumpstarted the fort back on track. Even a few half competent sods in the bunch.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44855 on: December 24, 2015, 07:49:21 pm »

.....lost both his arms to the poison. He's still very valuable at teaching dodging
that's the true dwarven spirit there

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44856 on: December 24, 2015, 09:50:10 pm »

I love how the new visitors add life to the world.

In the second year of my fort, a weresheep killed a visiting human archer. She's buried in my fort.
Now, 10 years later, I have a mercenary petition for residency.
After accepting, I look in his relations screen.

It's the killed archer's younger brother.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44857 on: December 24, 2015, 10:18:55 pm »

I love how the new visitors add life to the world.

In the second year of my fort, a weresheep killed a visiting human archer. She's buried in my fort.
Now, 10 years later, I have a mercenary petition for residency.
After accepting, I look in his relations screen.

It's the killed archer's younger brother.

Perhaps he desires some form of vengeance against weresheep kind.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44858 on: December 25, 2015, 06:48:12 am »

I just had a forgotten beast invade, conveniently get distracted and kill a goose while my army assembled, and then kill 2 dwarfs without taking a scratch.. then all of a sudden it turned into a goblin and ran away.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #44859 on: December 25, 2015, 08:10:10 am »

Huh. Looks like our civilization is at war with the Elves now. So much for my hopes of getting a mating pair of Giant Leopards.

Playing around with minecarts for the first time. trying to step up a repeater to power my danger room, using a simple 7x8 loop with one impulse ramp and a Track Stop to control speed.

Nearly have my clifftop moat and hospital water supply set up. Of course, the steam froze just as I was about to pull the lever, so now I'm worried that the entire water supply will freeze over. Not that it seems to matter -- it's nearly year 3 and not even a kobold has come sniffing around. I'm a wee confused, the embark screen said there were goblins, kobolds and a Tower nearby....

Oh, and this map is completely gold-heavy, so I'm furnishing all the rooms in gold. Trying to organize my stockpiles so my that all the gold furniture gets decorated. This is proving surprisingly difficult.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 08:17:06 am by Romeofalling »

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44860 on: December 25, 2015, 09:20:11 am »

I just had a forgotten beast invade, conveniently get distracted and kill a goose while my army assembled, and then kill 2 dwarfs without taking a scratch.. then all of a sudden it turned into a goblin and ran away.

I think you meant werebeast... forgotten beasts are much more !!fun!!

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44861 on: December 25, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »

Possibly. It all happened so fast. O.o;
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44862 on: December 25, 2015, 12:42:55 pm »

Were-forgotten-beasts would be the most Fun threat ever.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Tygroux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44863 on: December 25, 2015, 02:09:21 pm »

Were-forgotten-beasts would be the most Fun threat ever.

Try Were-elephants, Were-turtles or were-badgers.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44864 on: December 25, 2015, 02:14:26 pm »

Try Were-elephants, Were-turtles or were-badgers.

Ah, but are they made out of rock? Do they shoot web? Do they emit pure Fun in gaseous form?
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 2989 2990 [2991] 2992 2993 ... 3842