Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2988 2989 [2990] 2991 2992 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6090051 times)

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44835 on: December 24, 2015, 08:25:41 am »

Operation --magma is a go. (Or should that be --fps?)

When in doubt, drain the magma sea.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44836 on: December 24, 2015, 09:31:08 am »

The little buggers actually made it past my trade depot, right into my axes.....and a bit further, but I was fine because I had plenty of stone traps after that. I'm proud to say that my traps took about 250 of their lives, even though with the stone traps it was often a case where they maimed the invaders, causing them to either bleed out or be unable to dodge the next stone. The weapon traps, however, killed anything that walked into them instantly. I think I'm going to need to make a lot more axe blades.....

Also, right after the siege a farmer made a beakdog beak shield. Go figure.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44837 on: December 24, 2015, 09:41:22 am »

This fort's first siege is  150 fucking white tigermen. Along with 20 horses. (yes horses as war animals instead of mounts :P) What ? I have 55 dwarves or so, and seven middling level (but well armored) spearmen, what the hell ? I know I have quite a good fort value due to magnetite + volcano, but...

Well, it appears last version's lack of siege problem has been fixed in only a way Toady can.

Of course my spearmen died a manly death defending the fort, and now i am turtling due to having no other real defenses (well I could make crossbowmen levies but) and it is boring. I feel i'm going to make inside forts and magma traps if I have to survive sieges that hardcore.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44838 on: December 24, 2015, 10:32:11 am »

Captured a ton of invaders of varying species, can't do the usual drowning/magma/danger room/chain up and kill/throw down a tower executions due to that very annoying bug preventing chaining or pitting sentients.

Had to settle for VERY slow and VERY tedious building cages, building levers, connecting levers and releasing them behind fortifications for pincushion practice.

I really hope this bug gets fixed next version.  :-\

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44839 on: December 24, 2015, 10:35:16 am »

I just had my very first military member die.

A human mercenary died of old age.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44840 on: December 24, 2015, 10:59:50 am »

A Hydra saved my fort from a necromancer siege
I mean, now I can't go outside because there is a hydra there, but there isn't an undead army anyore

Cage traps are your friiieeend.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dust Bunnies

• Bay Watcher
  • help
    • View Profile
« Reply #44841 on: December 24, 2015, 11:04:06 am »

A Hydra saved my fort from a necromancer siege
I mean, now I can't go outside because there is a hydra there, but there isn't an undead army anyore

DAMMIT MAN
whenever i see "hydra" i always think of the actual animal cuz i'm an idiot

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44842 on: December 24, 2015, 11:29:18 am »

So the loyalty cascade seems to be religious- some dwarves have just begun to kill others simply because of their beliefs. This is interesting.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44843 on: December 24, 2015, 11:41:05 am »

So the loyalty cascade seems to be religious- some dwarves have just begun to kill others simply because of their beliefs. This is interesting.

It is terrifying. I think you borked it, I've yet to encounter this.

I've had a random death or two in the tavern (no apparent cause aside from presumed alcohol poisoning), one guy who just randomly got gang-banged in a barroom brawl and bled out (annoyed that this never showed up as a crime), and one guy got mauled by a capybera, but never went to the hospital and seemed to have only minor (no longer bleeding) wounds up until he got faint and croaked from blood loss.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44844 on: December 24, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »

Why?

Why didn't I remove cave adaptation from the dwarf raws?

I've seen what it does. How it kills framerate, grinds productivity to a near halt and makes everyone unhappy. I was already playing with the raws. It would've been trivial to prevent this.

But I didn't do it, and now there's vomit everywhere.

Why?

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44845 on: December 24, 2015, 12:43:56 pm »

Why?

Because you love making your dorfs suffer. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Magganon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44846 on: December 24, 2015, 12:45:35 pm »

a Werebeast attacked my newish fort so I sent out my army (consisting of a total of 3 axedwarfs...) to kill it before it killed all my fisherdwarfs.

They succesfully killed it but one of the axedwarfs got bitten...Not yet knowing that this turned him also into a werebeast, I got a nice surprise inside my fort when he turned beast, killing one of the remaining two soldiers and biting another 3 dwarfs.

Having had enoth !fun! for the day, I decided to prevent any more future surprises by 'curing' the other 3 bitten dwarfs. Being unable to walk, I set a hospital for them on my newly completed retracting bridge trap (which I didn't have a chance to test out yet) so that they could be carried to it...and sent the 3 dwarfs (of which one was still a child... im horrible, I know...) down 20 z-levels towards a pit of spikes.

Problem solved.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44847 on: December 24, 2015, 01:09:34 pm »

Why?

Because you love making your dorfs suffer. ;w;
I like building ridiculously pimped out fortresses, taming cavern creatures and building impenetrable traplines, then watching goblins and their buddies die horrifically in said traplines. Cave adaptation isn't helping me with any of that.

It's that time of year to do things with family again, so I probably won't see this trapline completed or the next siege (hopefully the former will come before the latter) for a few days yet.

Tygroux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44848 on: December 24, 2015, 02:12:54 pm »

Cavern fort of 20, barely taking off in the middle of its second year.

The forgotten beast somethingsomething, a giant one eyed python has come. [monstruous description, although fully organic] Beware its poisonous bite.

Lost 12 dwarves in the battle, including my smith (we're never getting these armors...), mechanic (because I need even less defense options), half of my farmers (actually don't care, I curently have a peachicksplosion and a dogsplosion, but that's a bunch of pair of hands who could have carried stuff...) , my assault squad (except for the second in command, who single-handedly murderstabbed the thing to death), and some bards.

Oh well, time to throw the dudes in a hole and hope the mountainhome have some meatshields left.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44849 on: December 24, 2015, 02:20:48 pm »

The forgotten beast somethingsomething, a giant one eyed python has come. [monstruous description, although fully organic] Beware its poisonous bite.

[Immature Humor Intensifies]
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 2988 2989 [2990] 2991 2992 ... 3842