Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2978 2979 [2980] 2981 2982 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6091699 times)

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44685 on: December 19, 2015, 03:02:17 pm »

A cyclops attacked my fort, massacring a lot of my livestock, before collapsing from exhaustion and allowing my militia to kill it.

Nothing particularly notable in itself, but some of the combat logs are amusingly ridiculous, especially if you try to imagine what they would actually look like.

Opening moves:
The Rattlesnake misses The Cyclops!
The Cyclops attacks The Rattlesnake by he jumps away!
The Cyclops punches The Rattlesnake in the tail with her left hand, bruising the scale!
The Cyclops charges at The Rattlesnake!
The Cyclops collides with The Rattlesnake!
The Rattlesnake is knocked overand tumples backward!

The Cyclops grabs The Rattlesnake by the right fang with her right upper arm!
The Cyclops takes The Rattlesnake down by the right fang The Cyclops's right upper arm!

The Cyclops scratches The Rattlesnake in the head an the severed part sails off in an arc!

(Quite how the rattlesnake managed to miss the cyclops when the cyclops apparently shoved her arm into its mouth, I don't know).

It then proceded to bloodily beat up my animals and poultry:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Until eventually my militia arrived:

Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44686 on: December 19, 2015, 03:14:40 pm »

Waiting for a LNP for 42.03 i started simple fort in vanilla DF.

1 week after embarking, my woodcutter drowns all by himself.

Ffs .....
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44687 on: December 19, 2015, 05:31:09 pm »

I just watched my civilian dwarves stream into the caverns to mob and punch a forgotten beast to death shortly after digging an opening into the caverns. I was going to test the cave in trap I had set up but nooooo, says my dwarves, we'll just beat the giant turtle to death with our bare hands. Lost 6 or 7 of them to their stupidity.

I assigned them to stay in a burrow and have no idea why they ignored it, but whatever, the beast is dead. If it was a webber or poisonous dust beast rather than just poisonous bite, I'd probably have lost the whole fort.

Wonder if this is a result of none of them getting in a brawl or any thing like that recently. They all would've had an unmet need for fighting and excitement. I guess dogpiling a giant feathered turtle counts as excitement.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44688 on: December 19, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »

Had a several Goblin invasions in the past few years. Since the last one, I captured a breeding pair of Giant Cave Spiders, and now I have over 30 of the damn things. I'm eagerly awaiting the next Goblin attack, but it's been two years since the last one, and at this point I might drown in spiders before they show up!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44689 on: December 19, 2015, 05:50:37 pm »

Looking over the combat logs for what I'm now going to call "The Turtlegate Incident". Found this gem.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44690 on: December 19, 2015, 05:55:21 pm »

Looking over the combat logs for what I'm now going to call "The Turtlegate Incident". Found this gem.

Giant Jabberer?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44691 on: December 19, 2015, 05:59:28 pm »

Giant Jabberer?
Oh yeah, that's a mod I did. Giant versions of various cave creatures.

The emphasis was to be on the dwarf's comment on being wounded. At the bottom of the image. I thought it was funny.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44692 on: December 19, 2015, 06:44:11 pm »

Had a several Goblin invasions in the past few years. Since the last one, I captured a breeding pair of Giant Cave Spiders, and now I have over 30 of the damn things. I'm eagerly awaiting the next Goblin attack, but it's been two years since the last one, and at this point I might drown in spiders before they show up!
In the worst case cage them and sell some away if you can.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44693 on: December 19, 2015, 06:51:44 pm »

In the worst case cage them and sell some away if you can.

I believe sentient creatures are released immediately upon being brought to the depot, so yes... do sell them for maximum !!FUN!!

Lordhermitcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44694 on: December 19, 2015, 07:18:02 pm »

Suddenly out of nowhere, all my dwarves decide that it's a great idea to completely ignore all the food that needs to be put away. Excellent.

Yes, all the fields full of withering plants, the entire refuse pile full of masterwork apple roasts and rotting fish, because of you, dwarves.

I don't know what's going down here. The food stockpile isn't even full yet.

Did you accidentally turn off 'dwarves are allowed to haul food' in the (o)ptions menu?

Yes, after looking around for a while, it does appear that SOMEHOW...somehow...I turned off hauling food. Why is that even an option?

Good thing my refuse stockpile wasn't full!
THE CONCRETE IS ON FIRE

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44695 on: December 19, 2015, 10:00:26 pm »

Just had a dwarf and a human visitor die in the tavern. Guess they drank too much and got alcohol poisoning, their slabs attribute their death to suffocation.

Hmmm, guess they drank so much that they passed out and vomited while passed out, which filled their lungs and caused the suffocation. Or maybe Toady set it up so drinking too much causes one to get the syndromes for passing out and suffocating. Would be much cooler if it was the former, and DF accurately simulates the experience of asphyxiating on one's own vomit from partying too hard.

I suppose idle dwarfs who spend most of their time drinking in the tavern instead of working will be weeded out of the fortress. Drink themselves to death, as it were.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44696 on: December 19, 2015, 10:29:20 pm »

The War Tiger bites the Titan in the Left Upper Arm, bruising the muscle and tearing the muscle
The War Tiger latches on firmly
The War Tiger #2 bites the Titan in Right Lower Arm, bruising the muscle
The War Tiger #3 bites the Titan in the Right Upper Leg, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone
The Titan punches the Axedwarf in the head, and the injured part explodes in gore

So yeah, the jerk has 3 War Tigers literally hanging from his appendages, and still casually smooshes my militia :(

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44697 on: December 20, 2015, 01:19:13 am »

Came back for the December release and couldn't be happier with all the new stuff! Really loving the whole tavern/resident addition. It's Year 4 of Worshipsteels and my military consists of 2 dwarves (axedwarf and hammerdwarf) and 4 humans (3 axemen and 1 crossbowman). A big thanks to Aleksanderus for posting how to create armor suitable for big ole humans!

Fawnek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44698 on: December 20, 2015, 01:56:52 am »

well there i was when the forgotten beast that was a giant tick showed up! luckily it decided to kill that mob of amphibious men in my caverns before moving on... after about 5 pages of encountering 2 of my best warriors my militia commander stabbed it in the heart from underneath. upon leaving the body to rot i saw a amphibious woman apparently knocked out by a flying body, in a pool of her/her people's blood. so i sent my hammer-dwarf to finish her off naturaly...

returning from my battle i encountered 2 blind cave ogres who mercilessly murdered 2 of my best warriors before being brought down by my ax dwarf who had a child on her back.
We all have an Urist in our lives.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44699 on: December 20, 2015, 03:22:06 am »

Trying to handle a Weregecko infestation. I'm going to trap few obvious suspects to the first cavern floor, but I'm not sure if they're interred in time. Survivors  of next moon will get a pick, an axe and have to dig their own little empire. Maybe, in future, first layer will become a punishment system for failing me? Drop the offender to caves in full copper armor, as it seems to prevent weregeckos from killing their victim immediately, altho bite wounds still may pass curse. Then, voilá - dwarf survives, hence becoming a nice F* U WORLD- reserve, - dwarf dies, Justice served.
Pages: 1 ... 2978 2979 [2980] 2981 2982 ... 3842