Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2888 2889 [2890] 2891 2892 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6098640 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #43335 on: October 15, 2015, 12:51:21 pm »

If the cook is free, yes.
One wheel short of a wagon

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43336 on: October 15, 2015, 03:25:45 pm »

Not much interesting in my current fort. I have a lot of animals and a few random rare ones thanks to elves. Population is over 100, and exports are now high enough to trigger a baron, though I'll have to wait and see if this game is bugged like all my others have been. Haven't had the liason want to baron the place yet :c Planning to lock the mayor in his room if it turns out it's bugged. Either that or forbidding the floor hatches on the stairway leading down and walling the liason in so he doesn't give up and leave.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #43337 on: October 15, 2015, 03:58:54 pm »

It seems that my Mayor is terrified of breaking a leg. He keeps mandating the production of crutches.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43338 on: October 15, 2015, 04:26:52 pm »

Selling the last batch of migrant's clothes to the dwarven caravan. While migrants arrive. You can't win.
One wheel short of a wagon

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43339 on: October 15, 2015, 09:53:19 pm »

Selling the last batch of migrant's clothes to the dwarven caravan. While migrants arrive. You can't win.
It never ends. I'm in something of a situation like this as well.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43340 on: October 15, 2015, 10:41:36 pm »

Zombies! Necromancers! Well mostly zombies. The necromancers went away when they realised they couldn't get inside. I am sad they killed a cat first though. Poor kitty.

Now to...find a way to get rid of them because I'd like caravans please.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43341 on: October 16, 2015, 07:46:31 am »

It never ends. I'm in something of a situation like this as well.

Three words: Strict population cap

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43342 on: October 16, 2015, 08:10:01 am »

Discovering that while equipping useless people with picks and telling them to mine is ultimately useless because they dig slooowly and seem to refuse to do it, they are more than happy to dig ALL THE CHANNELS. Progress on Operation Zombie Drop is now going much faster.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43343 on: October 16, 2015, 11:18:42 am »

Noticed one of the world-gens I had experimented with had a terrifying glacier volcano that I had missed.

Welcome to Filthhammer!

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43344 on: October 16, 2015, 04:12:36 pm »

How do all your embarks seem to grow Candy lava-vomit faces so quickly?
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43345 on: October 16, 2015, 05:14:56 pm »

Year 45.  Population 148.  Our 12th forgotten beast visitor was a giant humanoid made of salt.  It had a scary face but literally nothing else going for it ... except the fact that I left the drawbridge down after the last forgotten beast stopped by.  My paranoia came through - the route into my fortress is long enough that I was able to get dwarves onto levers in time - and additionally it was made of salt with no special attacks at all, so one of the watch buzzards probably could have killed it.  We're going to be more diligent about the drawbridges, because the next visitor from the depths might actually be dangerous.

A bronze colossus decided to help me fill out my semi- and megabeast collection.  I believe the only thing missing from the zoo is a dragon.  We have enough minotaurs that I'm thinking about trying to breed them, except that I can't think of what I'd do with more minotaurs.

I'm starting to worry about my XbagsX.  What's going to happen in another couple of decades when they rot away entirely?  Is my seed collection in danger?  It's a ways down the line but I'm a worrier.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43346 on: October 16, 2015, 05:55:14 pm »

How do all your embarks seem to grow Candy lava-vomit faces so quickly?
I've been specifically going around to dig out suitable sites with advfort after embarking on them.

They don't take as long to make in fort mode if you're willing to settle for whichever stone is available and don't want neat things like the whole thing being inset into the tube.

Note that the rest of the fort there is a little room around the wagon with a raised drawbridge and a little dug out area with some beds and tables/chairs for the dorfs to wait in after I retired it.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43347 on: October 16, 2015, 06:12:18 pm »

An especially nasty Forgotten Beast syndrome has rendered mason Dakost Clamtome permanently unconscious. He just managed to crawl into a hospital bed before the syndrome took hold fully and has since remained there, relying on the compassion of his fellow dwarves to keep him fed and watered. He is constantly sleeping but always sleep-deprived, guilty from his bed rest but unable to rise up and permanently vengeful towards Lotheye Fatalumbral, an enormous one-eyed warbler (hur hur hur... sorry!) who was responsible of his ailment. All this emotional turmoil has caused him to be stricken by melancholy, even when his recorded stress stat is nowhere near dangerous levels.

He has been like this for several months now. I can only imagine the the hell he's going through. Should I let him out of his misery?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #43348 on: October 16, 2015, 06:43:36 pm »

Year 45.  Population 148.  Our 12th forgotten beast visitor was a giant humanoid made of salt.  It had a scary face but literally nothing else going for it ... except the fact that I left the drawbridge down after the last forgotten beast stopped by.  My paranoia came through - the route into my fortress is long enough that I was able to get dwarves onto levers in time - and additionally it was made of salt with no special attacks at all, so one of the watch buzzards probably could have killed it.  We're going to be more diligent about the drawbridges, because the next visitor from the depths might actually be dangerous.

A bronze colossus decided to help me fill out my semi- and megabeast collection.  I believe the only thing missing from the zoo is a dragon.  We have enough minotaurs that I'm thinking about trying to breed them, except that I can't think of what I'd do with more minotaurs.

I'm starting to worry about my XbagsX.  What's going to happen in another couple of decades when they rot away entirely?  Is my seed collection in danger?  It's a ways down the line but I'm a worrier.
Your fort sounds just like Bastiongate, but with fewer dwarves and more FPS. What have you accomplished?

A few comments:
1. Only 12 FBs in 45 years!?! I've had hundreds in the same amount of time! How big is your world?
2. Go ahead and try breeding those minotaurs, I'd like to see what happens. I've got some ettins and giants I can breed and I want to see if it works before I try it.
3. Relax, the seeds will just get dumped out on the ground (or in the barrel) and your dwarves will stick them in a new bag.

An especially nasty Forgotten Beast syndrome has rendered mason Dakost Clamtome permanently unconscious. He just managed to crawl into a hospital bed before the syndrome took hold fully and has since remained there, relying on the compassion of his fellow dwarves to keep him fed and watered. He is constantly sleeping but always sleep-deprived, guilty from his bed rest but unable to rise up and permanently vengeful towards Lotheye Fatalumbral, an enormous one-eyed warbler (hur hur hur... sorry!) who was responsible of his ailment. All this emotional turmoil has caused him to be stricken by melancholy, even when his recorded stress stat is nowhere near dangerous levels.

He has been like this for several months now. I can only imagine the the hell he's going through. Should I let him out of his misery?
He went melancholy because of sleep deprivation. It causes madness, though this isn't well known because there are only a few situations in which it can happen. How are you planning to put him out of his misery? You can't just have the military kill him in his bed.

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43349 on: October 16, 2015, 06:50:56 pm »

I felt like my dorfs were having a lot of babies. I just counted them up. 18 in one year! I'm pretty sure that's a personal best and without even importing any thongs or skirts from the elves.
Pages: 1 ... 2888 2889 [2890] 2891 2892 ... 3842