Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2876 2877 [2878] 2879 2880 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099923 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #43155 on: September 30, 2015, 02:28:50 pm »

Haha, oh why?

Another war dragon dead!

Safely pastured behind a tightly-closed door and a cage trap, but still attacked by my axedwarves for no apparent reason. (Listed as "Trained" at the time of death, so no excuse there.)

Dragon taming is very fun and thoroughly entertaining.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43156 on: September 30, 2015, 02:35:48 pm »

If the dragon had ever been declared an enemy of your civilization--say, by killing a stray cow belonging to your civ during world generation--taming doesn't clear the slate; the game still considers it an enemy of your civ, and it will behave as such. It's the same reason you don't want to risk taming invaders' mounts.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43157 on: September 30, 2015, 02:40:59 pm »

I started a new game.  I picked a nice little area, full of fruit trees and boars.  Of course, I cut down many of the trees while my Dwarfs also picked up many fruits and seeds, which we made into wonderful dishes made from pears and applies, and many types of drinks.  BOOZE!  While my two hunters spent much of their time torturing boars.  They don't kill them - they hit them with bolts, run out of bolts, go back for more, find a new boar and torture it.  My game's screen is red, from apples and blood, with splashes of green from grass, leaves, and vomit.  Maybe, if they kill one of the boars, we can have roast boar with our apple cider and many fruit dishes.  I am also testing out one door-two room apartments.  I found out that using ramps mean you don't need doors for the first room - so it is down ramp to bedroom and then attached dining room.  Yes, each Dwarf gets a bedroom and dining room.

This will be PARADISE!   Boozes, roast boar, and private quarters!  And rock mugs.  Many, many rock mugs!  All our milk has already been turned into cheese also. 

Too bad my Fortress looks so messed up already.  Oh well.  Lots of color!
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43158 on: September 30, 2015, 02:50:13 pm »

Yakkety sax is best combat music.

hehehe elven animals, listing themselves as friendly then scaring my dwarves. THe artifact panda bone hammer killcount is mounting... inevitably.
One wheel short of a wagon

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #43159 on: September 30, 2015, 04:04:43 pm »

Haha, oh why?
pics
Another war dragon dead!

Safely pastured behind a tightly-closed door and a cage trap, but still attacked by my axedwarves for no apparent reason. (Listed as "Trained" at the time of death, so no excuse there.)

Dragon taming is very fun and thoroughly entertaining.

I've been having similar problems with my rocs. Chain them up so your dwarves don't see them as a threat.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43160 on: September 30, 2015, 04:08:43 pm »

"Sazir Bezmaravuz, Dwarven Child has created Savir Besmaravuz, a plum wood sceptre"

Whhhyyyyyy he likes waaaar hammers why egotistical SOB kid whyyyyy?

And there's no decoration but spikes of plum wood and bands of radiant cut wood opals. He named it after himself, as well. The little ***.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #43161 on: September 30, 2015, 04:36:59 pm »

Welp, this isn't good.

First, we have a vampire in our midst. I'm not sure who it is, but it's probably Urist McGoth*. They killed my legendary Stonecrafter.

Second, one of our immigrant glass makers has been taken by a strange mood, and is demanding raw glass. Which we don't have.

*No such person.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43162 on: September 30, 2015, 04:40:44 pm »

Great, now an extended family of immigrants, many of whom were kids, has arrived, sending pop. from 20 to 40. And almost all useless: one blacksmith, 3 rangers, half a dozen kids, 4 farmers, a miller, a milker, a woodcrafter and various other completely useless people. Oh, one mechanic, though.

Also, I found out my massive civ has human (swordsman duke, though so it's fine), goblin (it happens) and even elf nobles!

It's a plot. They're out to get me and my awesome fort. I must keep chopping down trees as quickly as possible before they try and stop me.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #43163 on: September 30, 2015, 04:43:41 pm »

That's nothing. I got an immigration wave of almost 30 dwarves!

(I think.)
Sig text

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43164 on: September 30, 2015, 06:58:17 pm »

Year 29.  Population now 99.  Had the crundles down under 350 but then some goblins decided to drop by for dinner, and while I was cleaning up (so that my stupid dwarves don't start wearing smelly bloody troll fur loincloths) the crundle population went back up to 400.

Sadly, I don't think this embark has jabberers.

Atarlost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43165 on: October 01, 2015, 12:29:36 am »

Year 29.  Population now 99.  Had the crundles down under 350 but then some goblins decided to drop by for dinner, and while I was cleaning up (so that my stupid dwarves don't start wearing smelly bloody troll fur loincloths) the crundle population went back up to 400.

Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior Magma?

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43166 on: October 01, 2015, 01:24:13 am »

OH GOD SO MUCH FRUIT

I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43167 on: October 01, 2015, 08:26:26 am »

OH GOD SO MUCH FRUIT

"Fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruity-fruit, fruity-fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit..."

(Sorry, now I got the Viking Spam song in my head - but spam replaced with fruit...)
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #43168 on: October 01, 2015, 09:42:38 am »

OH GOD SO MUCH FRUIT

"Fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruity-fruit, fruity-fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit..."

(Sorry, now I got the Viking Spam song in my head - but spam replaced with fruit...)

Only one of the ingredients is actually mussel.

Spoiler: fruit sketch (click to show/hide)

Wait! I've found an ingredient that isn't fruit (or mussel): Bitter vetch leaf!
Sig text

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43169 on: October 01, 2015, 12:37:38 pm »

Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior Magma?

I've been getting goblin sieges pretty consistently since my population reached 80.  They invariably appear at the southern edge of the map, which is also the highest elevation, and usually just a few days before the dwarvan caravan arrives.  Getting magma up there and then using it on the goblins in such a way that avoids it sliding down the mountain and setting my entire map (and the caravan) alight is more engineering effort than I care to expend, especially since it takes my 2 squads of kiddos about thirty seconds to wipe out the siege in melee combat.

Or did you mean there's some way to use magma to make jabberers spawn?
Pages: 1 ... 2876 2877 [2878] 2879 2880 ... 3842