Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2854 2855 [2856] 2857 2858 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101674 times)

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42825 on: August 23, 2015, 01:21:30 pm »

trying to figure out why the hell arent none of my hunters sleeping in their bed..i always find one of them sleeping on the floor, i checked through them all and all of them have the "grouchy after sleeping on cold hard floor"

none of the other dorfs in my fort has this problem... i tried re assigning them to different beds,reassigning their jobs, everything. and it still persists..atleast all the way until their profession changes to something else. after that i usually loose track of them

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42826 on: August 23, 2015, 01:52:37 pm »

They sleep on the hunt, I reckon.
One wheel short of a wagon

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42827 on: August 23, 2015, 01:54:51 pm »

trying to figure out why the hell arent none of my hunters sleeping in their bed..i always find one of them sleeping on the floor, i checked through them all and all of them have the "grouchy after sleeping on cold hard floor"

none of the other dorfs in my fort has this problem... i tried re assigning them to different beds,reassigning their jobs, everything. and it still persists..atleast all the way until their profession changes to something else. after that i usually loose track of them

Are your squads set to "sleep in own room at will"? If not, they will try to sleep in barracks, I believe. (Also, if they spend too much time on-duty, they will be too exhausted to go back to their rooms, and just go to sleep wherever they are.)
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42828 on: August 23, 2015, 01:57:30 pm »

what the hell could they be hunting, in the middle of the freaking hall way 3z down in bed rock?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42829 on: August 23, 2015, 01:59:42 pm »

Dorfen wimmin.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42830 on: August 23, 2015, 02:27:19 pm »

Are your squads set to "sleep in own room at will"? If not, they will try to sleep in barracks, I believe. (Also, if they spend too much time on-duty, they will be too exhausted to go back to their rooms, and just go to sleep wherever they are.)

i dont have squads for civs.

Dorfen wimmin.

hehheh. good one..

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42831 on: August 23, 2015, 02:59:08 pm »

Born by the hunt, made men by the hunt, killed by the hunt, put to sleep by the hunt!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42832 on: August 23, 2015, 04:45:02 pm »

Enemy had came and laid siege on my fort, but they are composed entirely of marksdwarves. Whom am I fighting here exactly?

Assuming an unmodded game, if the message was, in fact "The enemy have come and laid siege to your fort!", they are probably bandits.

Alternately, if the message had been "A vile force of darkness has arrived!" then they would be dwarfs that had been kidknapped and raised by goblins, and so were part of the goblin civ. (Yes, there are occasionally "goblin" sieges that don't contain any goblins.)
I didn't know such thing as bandit sieges exist. However, it seems like they come along with necromancers. It's a second time such a group came along with a necromancer.

Once again, it becomes apparent that the most lethal thing in the world is reanimated scull. Entire armies died of thirst trying to put it down.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42833 on: August 24, 2015, 10:00:47 am »

Just completed the magma supply for Bronzeweaver's underground forges.  I had previously pumped near-surface magma into a magma moat and was using that, but that setup lacked defenses.  Everything is below ground now (where it should be).

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42834 on: August 24, 2015, 10:20:13 am »

It is raining filthy filth. I wonder who named that stuff.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42835 on: August 24, 2015, 10:25:57 am »

so i have been playing through the most boring fort i have ever had,where the most exiting thing to happen is the mystery of rangers sleeping on the floor rather than a bed. and now just 5 minutes ago, a swamp titan made out of baxite appeared...and got killed in like two seconds by my surface military squad...

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42836 on: August 24, 2015, 03:01:47 pm »

Went back to an earlier start in a partially reanimating biome. It's proving to be lot's of FUN. Harpy corpses finished off most of my starting dwarfs before we got underground. The first dig had to be in the reanimating zone because the other part had a good aquifer. I did a bit of exploring and just trying to keep everyone alive and then I was starting to build what would be my fort proper in the non-reanimating zone by punching through the aquifer from below. I made a mistake though and let in a human corpse. He sprinted for my door from half the map away as soon as it was open. I've never seen a corpse move so fast. Anyways, corpse in your fort in a reanimating zone is bad news. I just barely managed to get most of my dwarfs safe in the new fort, but they left literally every piece of equipment, food, wood and animals in the reanimating fort. I also managed to sneak a migrant wave in at the same time, so I've got 30 dwarfs and zero supplies. Should be fun.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42837 on: August 24, 2015, 05:01:39 pm »

Just a bit too much magma at the forge...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42838 on: August 24, 2015, 05:10:57 pm »

If you see a problem there, apply liqour or slap.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42839 on: August 24, 2015, 07:46:52 pm »

Started a fort in a husking & reanimating glacier.  Fort made it a year and then everyone ran outside despite my forbidding everything.  They were desperate to get murdered.  I have no idea why.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.
Pages: 1 ... 2854 2855 [2856] 2857 2858 ... 3842