Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2848 2849 [2850] 2851 2852 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102151 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42735 on: August 15, 2015, 10:34:35 am »

No they aren't.  A lot of the really small pieces of creatures are flat out unkillable.  Skin, hair, skulls, beaks ect are all unkillable last time I played.  Basically anything that can't be chopped into smaller parts are immune.
Nom nom nom

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42736 on: August 15, 2015, 10:36:39 am »

I see. I abandoned fort anyway after my legendary swodsdwarf died of thirst.

Out of this story, we got ourself a pretty silly historical figure. An emu head. I wonder where will it go on in life.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42737 on: August 15, 2015, 12:30:01 pm »

No they aren't.  A lot of the really small pieces of creatures are flat out unkillable.  Skin, hair, skulls, beaks ect are all unkillable last time I played.  Basically anything that can't be chopped into smaller parts are immune.

You can still smash them with blunt weapons. Try using silver maces or war hammers.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42738 on: August 15, 2015, 01:03:48 pm »

You can still smash them with blunt weapons. Try using silver maces or war hammers.
So, hammers are still the best to deal with undead? I didn't get a chance to use them anyway.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #42739 on: August 15, 2015, 01:06:09 pm »

I think maces work better, since they are slightly more effective at pulping.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42740 on: August 15, 2015, 01:09:08 pm »

Pulping/shredding tissues is supposed to be cause by excessive bruising/cuts respecively.  So maces having larger contact areas make them better choices.  And since spears dont do much cutting and swords/axes are prone to loping off limbbits, blunt contact is best contact.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42741 on: August 15, 2015, 03:49:32 pm »

Going by experience, menacing spikes - especially if it is 1380 (138 traps) of them - do quite a decent job. Upright Spikes linked to a lever in your dining room...lots of FUN for the FUN!

Violentlash. Such a wonderful place.

Wargolds currently possesses over 800 steel spears (I let the forges go on auto for a bit too long).

Re: this.

Besides that, well, Violentlash is in its 39th year now, going quite strong. The berserk goblin is slowly but surely going back to non-stressful stress levels. No signs of her becoming non-berserk though, then again, she is still at 200+k stress. I still doubt she will turn back, buuut...who knows!
Next year I'll just slaughter the elves coming to my fortress, maybe that'll make them unhappy at last...
Cave dragon breeding is going good, not like they are really useful at such young age, but ... maybe I'll just slaughter them or something. Still haven't gotten around to unleashing my flood of cave crocodiles - maybe I should figure out a way to safely release all my goblin/troll prisoners ... and then release my crocs on them!*

And I'm STILL waiting for jabberers to pop up in my cavern (there's only one 8| )...I so wish to breed them...hrrmphhh...

I had a special visitor come to Violentlash, I guess he has heard of my attempts of war on the elves as well as all the other wars my fortress has been waging...

Really wonder whether he came in peace, but I know he surely came with the full intention of bringing "unbelievable peace" to my fortress and its inhabitants - no matter how futile his attempts.
Sadly he was killed by a crossbow-goblin of the siege that was still outside. That steamy body was quite ... fragile and disintegrated quickly into many parts.

May he rest in ... uhm ... pieces.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #42742 on: August 15, 2015, 04:19:52 pm »

May he rest in ... uhm ... pieces.

There's no joke I can make for this, sadly.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42743 on: August 15, 2015, 04:21:11 pm »

I bet that FB is pretty steamed about how quickly he died.  I would be
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #42744 on: August 15, 2015, 04:44:46 pm »

Yeah, it's a shame you didn't get to know him. He always gets bigger when things heat up, you didn't let him cool off and let him solidify his thoughts.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42745 on: August 15, 2015, 05:14:27 pm »

There is some crazy sh** going down in the caverns at BLAZECOOK. Keep in mind that the dwarves haven't actually breached the caverns anywhere near this site. Also, it is year 02.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since then two more carvings have been made of separate events detailing a battle between some mole-men and the aforementioned olm people.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42746 on: August 15, 2015, 11:52:29 pm »

First time embarking on a Cold biome. Hoping the chill doesn't kill my dwarves in a few seconds. The flat landscape is rather nice though, and currently going through the routine aquifer struggles.

FriarVicaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42747 on: August 16, 2015, 12:25:02 am »

A dwarven caravan that was in my fortress tried to leave while my drawbridge was raised and opening the doors was forbidden. I also had a retracting drawbridge that was closed at the moment, but somehow the caravan's trade camel, and with it, all of their goods fell down the death pit below the drawbridge. I didn't notice the camel's death at the time, so I just opened the doors, raised the drawbridge and the caravan just went on their way without reclaiming any of their items.

It wasn't until I noticed a cloud of miasma that I saw the corpse of an even-toed ungulate and all the goods on it. It's probably going to bite me in the ass later on, but I took all of the items down the death pit and smashed the camel's corpse with my atom smasher.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:29:27 am by FriarVicaris »
WHAT'S THE MATTER ANDY? DON'T YOU WANT TO HAVE SOME !!FUN!!?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42748 on: August 16, 2015, 05:00:40 am »

I have been trying out peregrine falcon breeding and so far two batches of chicks have successfully hatched. Everything should be good then; only that I now noticed that the only female is actually asexual. This leads to a disturbing suspicion that what happens in the falcon pen between the female and the three males isn't entirely consensual...

I have also been trying to breed and tame Voracious Cave Crawlers but it looks like my trainers can't actually train the offspring up to Tame level. Is this because the crawlers are born as full adults?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42749 on: August 16, 2015, 05:11:06 am »

I have been trying out peregrine falcon breeding and so far two batches of chicks have successfully hatched. Everything should be good then; only that I now noticed that the only female is actually asexual. This leads to a disturbing suspicion that what happens in the falcon pen between the female and the three males isn't entirely consensual...

I have also been trying to breed and tame Voracious Cave Crawlers but it looks like my trainers can't actually train the offspring up to Tame level. Is this because the crawlers are born as full adults?
Yes, I have the same problem with my cave dragon breeding. Still not sure if they will ever become tame?
My three animal trainers are all legendary 3 already, mostly due to the Crundles I keep catching, training and butchering.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.
Pages: 1 ... 2848 2849 [2850] 2851 2852 ... 3842