Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2819 2820 [2821] 2822 2823 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6118830 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42300 on: July 08, 2015, 02:57:21 pm »

It's official, Greencrafts is dead! The zombies killed everyone, they didn't even spare the babies and the llamas!

Here's a little picture i took in the bedrooms.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42301 on: July 08, 2015, 04:15:04 pm »

The Responsible Gate turned out to not be responsible. Much like the name of their dwarven civ, The Flooded Gate, The Responsible Gates have flooded their home due to water pressure. Curse it all!
Recovery begins immediatlely by all residents. Current Death toll: 1 by drowning. 20 and probably more by the accursed elven invaders.  Wish I had installed a floodgate instead of a grate.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:27:07 pm by Aristion »
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #42302 on: July 08, 2015, 04:46:39 pm »

The Responsible Gate turned out to not be responsible. Much like the name of their dwarven civ, The Flooded Gate, The Responsible Gates have flooded their home due to water pressure. Curse it all!
Recovery begins immediatlely by all residents. Current Death toll: 1 by drowning. 20 and probably more by the accursed elven invaders.  Wish I had installed a floodgate instead of a grate.

How ironic.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42303 on: July 08, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »

How ironic.

It's going well for a flooded fort where everything involves going through the dining room. Everyone almost died of dehydration too due to a lack of booze which is what caused the idea for a well and the subsequent flood. At least the carp wont be getting inside.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42304 on: July 08, 2015, 08:20:00 pm »

While filling up the magma plumbing, we opened a shaft down to the depth of the third cavern, where the annoying pterosaurid forgotten beast was lurking. Magma fell directly on its head, it turned into a ‼forgotten beast‼ and burned for two weeks until it expired. The body is still burning and smoking. At least we should be able to repossess the first well and the grinder now.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42305 on: July 08, 2015, 10:28:32 pm »

While filling up the magma plumbing, we opened a shaft down to the depth of the third cavern, where the annoying pterosaurid forgotten beast was lurking. Magma fell directly on its head, it turned into a ‼forgotten beast‼ and burned for two weeks until it expired. The body is still burning and smoking. At least we should be able to repossess the first well and the grinder now.

Magma, the answer to all of life's questions.
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42306 on: July 08, 2015, 10:51:02 pm »

Autumn comes to Clutchtown and the militia is wary. Autumn is the time of the High Elf, when they come seeking to siphon away the life-blood that is trade.

With the militia yet to be fully equipped even in Light Battle uniforms, many are apprehensive.

The dead have been buried, and all memorialized. May they rest easy in their slate graves.

We want not for food or brew, thanks to the efforts of lychee and pomelo harvesters, and farmhands who bring in squash, plump helmet, and prickle berry, supplemented by the ample store of jungle beast meat and pearl millet flour.

Hives are in place, and soon we will have the deliciousness of mead to help fill the bellies of the populous little fort with that most favored drink.

Soon a peition to allow more migrants to come will be filed, as the fortress has a jail, but no guards. We have a stocked hospital, but never enough hands to help tend the wounded (as you never know what will happen.)

The Baron prospect has also gone fey and produced a ring, upon which is depicted a wandering outcast elf. His creation will be placed in his tomb.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42307 on: July 08, 2015, 11:16:45 pm »

The draining of the fort has begun. I plan on draining the water through the caverns and have almost closed the leak into the main part of the fort. This time i have a floodgate involved in the plan.

Edit: Well this failed too. I forget to seal a part of the fort which flooded the base of operations(the dining room and the booze). One is dead, trapped in the sleeping department. I will put this off to a later date. Hopefully the next fort doesn't flood.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:21:29 pm by Aristion »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42308 on: July 09, 2015, 07:39:17 am »

At first I thought "Oh cock, my manager and a miner are about to get mauled!"

And then I thought "Holy shit guys, he's dead, you can stop beating his corpse, chill out."

Spearmaster Solon fucked up its leg and a hand, Colonel Litast bashed every single tooth out of its head and smashed up the foot of its other leg, and finally after two workers were injured (only scratches thankfully, due to Litast's impromptu practicing of Martial Dentistry,) Aspa died of bloodloss, the Colonel being credited with the kill for having landed the last strike on it (bruising a lung with the strike.)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42309 on: July 09, 2015, 07:46:37 am »

wat.

a lycanthrope took a spouse?  Thats somehow scarier than skinless elephants with meat cleavers doing the same
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42310 on: July 09, 2015, 08:04:28 am »

More some human noble's brain-dead husband decided taking a dump on the temple collection box was a good idea or something (Lady consorts are the males right? I stand by the statement regardless.)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42311 on: July 09, 2015, 12:01:31 pm »

Ah, magma... is there ANYTHING it can't solve?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42312 on: July 09, 2015, 12:32:54 pm »

Cudgelgirders was founded in what turned out to be a rather boring part of the world (after all those evil embarks I was doing for a while, anyway). Lots of fruit trees, no overly-large hostiles, everyone has been perfectly free to set up the infrastructure for the new fort without any real interference. The war dogs killed a badger, but that was about it. The stockpiles are already overflowing with booze and biscuits.

Discovered I had neglected to bring any leg armor for my militia leader, but it was Autumn by the time I got around to bringing him on active duty, so I traded for some. Lots of spiked balls thanks to the carpenter, so I can pretty much buy the whole wagon.

Loads of tetrahedrite as they dig out the rooms, so my first army will probably be a silver hammer brigade. Should have the metal industry up and running just as soon as the forge is done.

Lots of thieves around which may help to keep things interesting for a little while.

Decided to build more things outside than usual this time since it's such a peaceful area. In other words, it's too darn quiet so I'm trying to run greater risks to liven things up. No "tunnels of doom" this time, or at least only short ones. They work too well, takes some of the fun out of sieges when you don't even need an army. This time it's going to be all about muscle and siege engines to repel attackers.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42313 on: July 09, 2015, 12:39:36 pm »

Uh, this is not promising to my fort.
Datan Yellspaper has, after polite discussion, been chosen as queen of The Oars of Brushing. Why is this bad?

78 year old who lives in Bronzephantom, a nearly failed hole in the ground on the edge of an undead area. The undead ducks alone! We haven't even had a successful merchant stop by yet. Our population is 9. Damn it Datan, get out of here, go to the kingdom!

Except... it's not safe outside. Sorry Datan Yellspaper, queen of the civilization, but we gotta hold you here for your own safety. That gate is not opening any time soon for you.

On the brighter side, we're stable now. After everyone stopps being horrified, we can really thrive here with our 9 people. and by "thrive", i mean actually live until we are strong enough to take on the undead ducks and finally open up to the merchants of the mountainhomes.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #42314 on: July 09, 2015, 12:41:43 pm »

Ah, magma... is there ANYTHING it can't solve?
Heart burn. But that's it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2819 2820 [2821] 2822 2823 ... 3842