Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2798 2799 [2800] 2801 2802 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6119383 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41985 on: June 21, 2015, 04:20:12 pm »

God damn magma crabs dragged four dwarves into the lava... Including my weapon smith, who liked long swords.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41986 on: June 21, 2015, 04:21:46 pm »

God damn magma crabs dragged four dwarves into the lava... Including my weapon smith, who liked long swords.
Dorfy god above how horrifying

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41987 on: June 21, 2015, 04:31:59 pm »

You called?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41988 on: June 21, 2015, 04:37:11 pm »

I JUST DISCOVERED HOW TO USE THE FORCE SIEGE COMMAND

THE POWER TO INFLICT HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF ANGRY HUMANS RIDING GIANT MOSQUITOES UPON MY DWARVES WAS NOT A POWER MEANT FOR ANYONE TO WIELD

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41989 on: June 21, 2015, 04:47:35 pm »

Well, today I realised how lucky my Dwarves are that I don't play that much, or know much about DFHack.
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41990 on: June 21, 2015, 05:02:36 pm »

I JUST DISCOVERED HOW TO USE THE FORCE SIEGE COMMAND

THE POWER TO INFLICT HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF ANGRY HUMANS RIDING GIANT MOSQUITOES UPON MY DWARVES WAS NOT A POWER MEANT FOR ANYONE TO WIELD

HOW ARMOK DAMMIT! HOW!!!
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41991 on: June 21, 2015, 05:08:12 pm »

Code: [Select]
force siege EVIL in the DFhack thing whilst you've got the creature you want sieging selected with (v)iew unit - you have to pick one of the creatures in the entity raws, like humans, elves, goblins, dwarves and I suppose kobolds. The catch is then that you have to have the unit you want sieging already on your map, so it pays to have prisoners.

Also making Dwarf siegers will 99% of the time make a gargantuan loyalty cascade

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41992 on: June 21, 2015, 05:17:34 pm »

This will be fun... Can the siege contain things other than humans? Like, say, a siege of dragons? Please say yes, please say yes!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41993 on: June 21, 2015, 05:18:43 pm »

This will be fun... Can the siege contain things other than humans? Like, say, a siege of dragons? Please say yes, please say yes!
I HAVE NO IDEA

TRY ANYWAYS

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41994 on: June 21, 2015, 05:20:47 pm »

Does this only work in .34? Because I just tried it in 40.24, nothing happened.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41995 on: June 21, 2015, 05:37:15 pm »

My fort with Xhu Li in it died... That faint yellow diamond ape was too tough, somehow. We couldn't kill it, if someone with a good axe or sword came at it, it'd dodge or deflect with it's shell. If someone who wielded a knife or some other less effective weapon came up, it'd kick and punch them in the gut. My martial artist actually held out the longest, got to legendary, and stalled the beast for about two weeks game time. It killed Xhu Li though, and then my dual wielding militia commander was asleep when it came charging through. His head was crushed in his sleep, he never felt anything... Everyone was slaughtered. How could a bronze spider be less of a challenge than a faint yellow diamond ape? Xhu Li slaughtered the bronze spider in under a minute irl.
You ever tried to scratch a diamond? It's kinda tough to kill something you can't scratch.

I suspect that you needed to immediately abandon the cavern, spend about an hour researching Dwarven Military Science, and then  re-tool your entire military in a very specific way to have a chance of killing it. My guess would be you'd want dudes with axes and shields, and then hope somebody gets lucky and decapitates it. Expendable dudes with axes and shields. But I have no experience with fighting forgotten beasts, because I always thought the cavern was more stress then it was worth, and have not actually played since 0.34.

So Dwarven strategists, how the fuck does one go about killing an ape made of diamonds? And when you say magma, is that because you actually need magma, or is are you just being dorfy?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41996 on: June 21, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »

Well the strongest metal I had was imported iron, and bronze was my best map-available metal.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41997 on: June 21, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »

Does this only work in .34? Because I just tried it in 40.24, nothing happened.
Try it with other entity tags like PLAINS or FOREST

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41998 on: June 21, 2015, 05:41:10 pm »

Obsidianizing is bad cuz no diamonds, ice is good, I think, cuz body retained, Loud Whispers would suggest swarms of undead, other FBs might have a chance, cave-ins or fall probs easiest.

BTW, just started the Adventure Sucession Killing Spree game, trying to get the highest killcount, you can signup tonight.
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41999 on: June 21, 2015, 06:11:35 pm »

Okay, dwarves, can you do me a favour and stop dying now? Half the fort is dead. I'm down to nine dwarves, when an hour ago I had twenty. Through a mixture of magma baths, falling logs, fighting wild boars, drowning, and magma crabs, half the fort is dead.
Pages: 1 ... 2798 2799 [2800] 2801 2802 ... 3842