Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2796 2797 [2798] 2799 2800 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6119560 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41955 on: June 18, 2015, 09:16:02 am »

Decided to deploy him alone against a group of troglodytes. He charged at their ranks, arms raised and- fell asleep... He's currently asleep, game paused, with a group of troglodytes about to start wailing on him... Better get my military down there fast, a large group of troglodytes has even killed a legendary axe lord of mine once.
weird I once had a group of trogs surround a sleeping dwarf....and walk straight past him and out of the fort
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41956 on: June 18, 2015, 09:17:02 am »

May have been fleeing something/somedwarf.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #41957 on: June 18, 2015, 09:20:51 am »

May have been fleeing something/somedwarf.
no. They came onto the map and left. as soon as they got halfway a kobold came through the same way they went.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41958 on: June 18, 2015, 07:03:22 pm »

Got a thief notification. Sent the militia after him. They should handle him really easi- they're dead. What? Why does that kobold look weird? Master knife user, huh... Great dodger too, and a professional biter. Iron knife... Well, okay then. We've got this handled. X-rated Hunting Union Initiates, (Xhu Li) do the thing. (Avatar fans will get it.) I seriously named my alternative weapon squad X.H.U L.I, I wish I could change their attack option to "Do the thing." They're cold blooded killing machines, with two lashers, two knife users, three archers, a martial artist, a guy using an iron long sword, and a maceman with a bronze morningstar. I'll finally get the second knife user a better knife than copper. That is, if they can beat a master knife user who's also a great dodger. All of my smiths like exotic weapons, so I think these guys will be well armed once artifact production kicks in. The hard part is keeping three archers in stock of arrows for a full year before the humans come back.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #41959 on: June 19, 2015, 06:35:57 am »

OK, so in the past year, my fort has had FIVE (fortunately non-fatal) accidents already, mostly involving either minecarts or falling objects.  (And one bee sting, although that hardly qualifies.)

So, I'm testing a minecart track out even though it's not finished, just to make sure I understand what's going on in it.  I basically intend to just force-quit/savescum everything away, as it's just for SCIENCE.  ANOTHER falling log manages to slam into my legendary weaponsmith, hitting her in the spine... but I figure this is OK, since, after all, I'm going to force-quit and not save it...

Autumn has arrived.  **SEASONAL AUTOSAVE**

F$#@!

I am reminded of that time when I first learned that placing a garbage dump zone adjacent to a hole will cause dorfs to throw things down the hole.
Suffice to say that my hospital had to be expanded dramatically :P

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41960 on: June 19, 2015, 12:14:30 pm »

At Spikebodice, I had two possessions occur, and both ended with an artifact (A chalk weapon rack with kaolinite, and a chalk figurine of dwarves founding the fort).  So far, the common theme, aside from primary chalk use is their mention of a slab in imagery.  Also, the elves arrived, and they pulled a severe disappointment.  I bought out what little they had to offer (namely apples and fruit), and gave them two crowns.  Elves, if ye don't improve your wares, I might consider going to combat with you, especially if no goblins attack.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41961 on: June 19, 2015, 06:19:44 pm »

A Wereass Child (Asno Gozrugorno) has attacked Craftsnation. No militia and happened to be about 2 days after caravan left. Armok save me.

EDIT: while in the process of hiding all my dwarves in the corner of the map (I had 0 defenses whatsoever), I lost one fisherdwarf who happened to be next to Asno when he transformed. He died, but thankfully no other dwarf got injured at all. He just stood next to the fisherdwarf's corpse, standing there while my 20 other dwarves huddled in the edge of the map.

EDIT2: And now one of my masons made an artifact coffin. If that's not an omen I don't know what is.

EDIT3: And now another Wereass (Full Grown!) has come to Craftsnation. Wereass 2: Electric Boogaloo anyone? 2 casualties (including my only miner, who happened to be my expedition leader.), and 5 dwarves unconscious. Without a hospital. Good thing I got a good doctor through migrant waves... Attempted a makeshift hospital, but the river froze right when I got my beds made and no well. Also happen to have no thread, and I have no Pig Tails (plus it's winter, so they're not even growing). I think these 5 dwarves are screwed. AND 3 of them were bitten.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:22:31 pm by nimbus25 »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41962 on: June 19, 2015, 06:31:12 pm »

Made a Colosseum style thing. The dining room is centered around it, with a clear glass window set of walls around it. The tables are all placed against the glass, with the chairs being opposite, so everyone has to look when they eat. Currently, three great cheese makers with leather armour and training swords are versing off against two trolls. A sea of cyan and red stains the floor, and a troll has been knocked unconscious. The one legendary cheese maker is somehow holding his own one on one with a troll, dodging hits and giving bruises all over the troll. With two cheese makers whaling away on the trolls head with their wooden training swords, will the trolls make it? Will the exhausted cheese makers prevail? Or will the trolls find it within themselves to rise above the challenge and strike down their foes! Find out next time on the exciting episode of Dragon B- wait, wrong forum.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41963 on: June 20, 2015, 05:24:32 am »

Greaterstockades got eaten by a save corruption gremlin; lately I've had a lot of corruption and crashes with my DF installation. Too bad about those wonderful immigrant dwarves with goblin sensibilities... well, a new world and a new fort; let's hope something interesting comes up.

So, in 285 The Gravel of Throats of The Paddle of Fealties founded Copperfell. The first year is looking good, I'm still getting historical migrants, but there's nothing overly dramatic in their histories.

The liaison, Thob Womanhatchet,  is a goblin. He was born as a member of The Paddle of Fealties, as were his parents... and their parents, going on to the time before time. So this dwarf civilization already had goblin members when it was generated; I didn't know that was possible.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41964 on: June 20, 2015, 12:35:42 pm »

Well, to say the least, another artifact, and this time, a fey mood!  In the end, I had a kaolinite mechanism which nods to the making of Spikebodice, the fort I'm playing.  Kinda wished it wasn't kaolinite used to make the mechanism though.

Nonetheless, getting the military set up, as I suspect the goblins will attack soon enough, and it'd also be nice to have a means to fight back the goblin menace, as well as any cave critters.  (Kinda don't want more permanent retirees).

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41965 on: June 20, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »

Ah, a forgotten beast, huh? Made of faint yellow diamond, with a shell, and is shaped like a massive ape... Bring it on! I'll throw Xhu Li at it one at a time, this thing only thirsts for blood. If someone gets hurt, they'll be called back while the next one goes up. My martial artist is useless here, as is the lashers. So first up is the great knife user. He can finally test out that new iron dagger he got from the master thief.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41966 on: June 20, 2015, 12:51:25 pm »

Well, to say the least, another artifact, and this time, a fey mood!  In the end, I had a kaolinite mechanism which nods to the making of Spikebodice, the fort I'm playing.  Kinda wished it wasn't kaolinite used to make the mechanism though.

For future reference, when I get a mood, I immediately forbid all materials I don't want used in the mood as soon as the dwarf is about to claim a shop.  That makes them redirect to a material I can afford to lose. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41967 on: June 20, 2015, 07:30:02 pm »

Old world, new dwarf civ, new fort.  Welcome to Tombsthrone, recently settled by The Strifeful Mechanisms. (v34.11)

With random region square selection we have arrived in a mixed serene biome of grasses and trees where a freshwater marsh and some grassland intersects.  The wagon has arrived on the slope of a hill (5 levels) with signs that loam, sand, and limestone lie beneath.  The unicorns flee at our approach, but we also find sunberry and bloated tubers ready for the picking.

And soon afterwards we find aquifer, more aquifer, and then even more aquifer.  Due to large magnetite and bauxite clusters the miners manage to find a route downward to fully dry stone layer and save the output a few months of aquifer piercing work.  The dry layer is ten levels down*.  Things are proceeding apace with getting the initial settlers and a few groups of migrants settled in.  The wagon is fully unloaded, and enough space dug out that some of the workshops and storage areas are going into what is going to be their final location.

Buzzards and ravens have been annoying.  To the point that two migrants with some skill were handed axes and unleashed upon the interlopers.  Enough roofing and hatches are now in place to lessen the problems, and some guard animals posted as well.  Time to dig deeper and see about finding magma.

* - Was curious so I poked around with DFHack "reveal" a bit.  There's still aquifer stone 12 levels down, but it's an isolated patch off to one side.  Won't have any troubles getting water for my cistern.  There should be enough "dry" iron ore and flux stone for my needs in any case.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41968 on: June 20, 2015, 09:46:30 pm »

Xhu Li is thuroughly exhausted... They've cut off toes and fingers, but nobody can get good hits. Even the iron longsword wielding dwarf only managed to knock out it's teeth with a pommel strike, and cut off a toe. He's currently vomiting beside the martial artist, because he took a kick to the gut. The bronze knife user is currently stabbing away at his shell. Man, wish I could lop that shell off. Imagine how much a faint yellow diamond shell would be worth?

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41969 on: June 20, 2015, 09:48:34 pm »

Made a Colosseum style thing. The dining room is centered around it, with a clear glass window set of walls around it. The tables are all placed against the glass, with the chairs being opposite, so everyone has to look when they eat. Currently, three great cheese makers with leather armour and training swords are versing off against two trolls. A sea of cyan and red stains the floor, and a troll has been knocked unconscious. The one legendary cheese maker is somehow holding his own one on one with a troll, dodging hits and giving bruises all over the troll. With two cheese makers whaling away on the trolls head with their wooden training swords, will the trolls make it? Will the exhausted cheese makers prevail? Or will the trolls find it within themselves to rise above the challenge and strike down their foes! Find out next time on the exciting episode of Dragon B- wait, wrong forum.

So.... Who won?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.
Pages: 1 ... 2796 2797 [2798] 2799 2800 ... 3842