Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2783 2784 [2785] 2786 2787 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6118742 times)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41760 on: June 09, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »

Ilrar Gladetones, a migrant glassmaker, went into a mood before I had time to teach him a more suitable skill. There is no sand on this map and I've already missed this autumn's caravan with all these zombies loitering around. I'm afraid I'm going to lose this one.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41761 on: June 09, 2015, 01:38:59 pm »

send my military to go kill some fire imps and suddenly a message pops up:

you have disrespected the trees of this area. but this is what we have come to expect from your stunted kind

last elven caravan was 3 months back(give or take)

there is no elven diplomat listed on the map.

that was the only message that came up...

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41762 on: June 09, 2015, 01:45:54 pm »

its because elves have unlimited hippie annoyingness power.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41763 on: June 09, 2015, 01:50:28 pm »

its because elves have unlimited hippie annoyingness power.

that or those were some dickish imps-..

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #41764 on: June 09, 2015, 01:58:11 pm »

Clearly you've stumbled across some tree hugging sect of fire imps that a: Don't see the irony of calling a dwarf short, and b: Cause massive wildfires by hugging trees.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41765 on: June 09, 2015, 03:08:16 pm »

I have messed with advanced world builder a bit and find out that, apparently, using "detros" as seed gives me a world named Gomathtur (The Legend Universe). I have then managed to find a place with with aquifier, flux stone layer, multiple shallow and multiple deep metals, shallow clay and very deep soil. Next to Dark Fortress and some pits. With both vulcan and river. And mostly on extreme cliffs. Yay.

After a while rng generator managed to get me group Adil Zokun (The Wall of Sieging) and fortress Sazirmidor (Bridgepower). Good enough I guess. It seems parent civilization doesn't have access to iron, only steel. Time to strike the earth.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41766 on: June 09, 2015, 03:29:14 pm »

Elves attacked and promptly turned on eachother. Gonna have to spread thier attacks out so only one attacks in a given season...

Two kills to mace commander Cog, 7 to Swordsdwarf Olin, none for Speardwarf Goden, the silly little slowpoke.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41767 on: June 09, 2015, 03:48:12 pm »

Elves attacked and promptly turned on eachother. Gonna have to spread thier attacks out so only one attacks in a given season...

Two kills to mace commander Cog, 7 to Swordsdwarf Olin, none for Speardwarf Goden, the silly little slowpoke.

why are spear wielders always so fucking slow?

none of my spear wielders have any kills. meanwhile my hammerlords have like 10 each!

atleast my militia commander has a reason why he never makes it to battle since he is wielding two spears,a war hammer and a steel shield...

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41768 on: June 09, 2015, 04:03:18 pm »

I made my first "permanent tap" of the first cavern, just as a giant cave spider scuttled by.   :o

The plan is basically to leave a bait animal and door (and maybe my artifact tetrahedrite hatch when I have the time to make an FB trap) with some cages outside to catch some of the rambling predators and building destroyers.   

Unfortunately, one of my miners got some farming experience somehow, and now will abandon any mining project the instant a plant ripens, which meant that I was suddenly cut down from two to one miner on-duty. And naturally, dwarves being dwarves, the miner dwarf chose to run out into the unprotected caverns where a GCS had just been spotted to mine the other piece of wall.   ::)

Spoiler: Pics (click to show/hide)

So, I opened up the caverns for trapping and within a day, had a GCS to show for it.

Oh, and in other news, a troll picked a fight with a giant olm nearby a short time before this.  An epic and long-running fight ensued, where the giant olm's tail was badly damaged, and much olm blood spread around, and the giant olm fainted from pain after having a leg hit to red damage, as well.  The giant olm was helpless, as all it could do was bruise with its bites... And then the stupid troll kept charging the fainted olm until the troll fainted from overexertion, and the giant olm got some free bites in.  This pattern continued for several weeks and several cycles of the troll using its charge attack until exhausted (the giant olm would frequently show preference for retreat over fighting back) until the giant olm got a lucky latch onto the throat of the troll. 

Further proof the charge attack should be seriously reworked in AI...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41769 on: June 09, 2015, 06:03:51 pm »

finally found the pesky vampire that is stalking my fort...he was inside my dukes room.."conducting a meeting"

i have decided to wall him in

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41770 on: June 09, 2015, 06:46:35 pm »

why are spear wielders always so fucking slow?

none of my spear wielders have any kills. meanwhile my hammerlords have like 10 each!

atleast my militia commander has a reason why he never makes it to battle since he is wielding two spears,a war hammer and a steel shield...

Part of it is Goden just not being very agile. in fact, physically speaking she's downright terrible for a soldier (hence the sharp thing,) but she likes to brawl, doesn't mind stressful situations too much (being average in that area,) valuing skill at arms, and dreaming of becoming a legendary warrior. You'd be hard-pressed to find better fighters personality-wise.

Also I strongly advise you ditch that metal thing for a lighter wooden shield and pick a weapon so your commander can lead by example properly. This is the middle ages man, can't have the leader being slower than a diseased banana slug. Needs to be right up there maiming bitches! I'd advise the spear, what with him using two of the things for whatever deranged reason.

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #41771 on: June 09, 2015, 07:19:40 pm »

finally found the pesky vampire that is stalking my fort...he was inside my dukes room.."conducting a meeting"

i have decided to wall him in
Why not make a vampire well and infect the entire fort?
Personally, I've always wanted to do that, never had the chance :P

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41772 on: June 09, 2015, 07:30:14 pm »

I blocked the door to the mayor's rooms with a gem window long time ago and I didn't realize it. Until I noticed the outpost liaison and the mayor were both wandering around. Their meeting were still going on, but in a very slow pace.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41773 on: June 09, 2015, 07:52:24 pm »

Just got everything to finally make a Durendal! Finally found a raw blessed diamond, and it's right beside the gem cutters' area in a stockpile, the cut order is high priority. When he wakes up, he'll cut it. Legendary weapon smith, you know what to- GOD DAMMIT KADOL! THAT STUPID GEM CUTTER JUST MOODED, HE TOOK THE GEM!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41774 on: June 09, 2015, 07:54:43 pm »

I blocked the door to the mayor's rooms with a gem window long time ago and I didn't realize it. Until I noticed the outpost liaison and the mayor were both wandering around. Their meeting were still going on, but in a very slow pace.

That's funny.  I remember back in 40d, when I had my mayor's office on the inside of a tall (20-something-z) natural spire with windows, the diplomats decided it would be best to just climb the whole spire, and shout at the mayor through the walls to get her attention.  (And yes, it actually worked...)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 2783 2784 [2785] 2786 2787 ... 3842