Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2770 2771 [2772] 2773 2774 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6117359 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41565 on: May 25, 2015, 10:34:46 pm »

The roc showed up! Okay, places everyo- WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING OUTSIDE?!?!?!?!?!?!? A hunter fell asleep outside... He also happened to be a great potter... Yep, there he goes. Roc is currently killing him and his lamb companion. And let me guess... Yep, he has family in the fort...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41566 on: May 25, 2015, 10:38:22 pm »

The roc showed up! Okay, places everyo- WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING OUTSIDE?!?!?!?!?!?!? A hunter fell asleep outside... He also happened to be a great potter... Yep, there he goes. Roc is currently killing him and his lamb companion. And let me guess... Yep, he has family in the fort...
Better brace yourself for a whole bunch of dwarves going catatonic from the trauma...bunch of wimps.
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.
He dreams of mastering a skill.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41567 on: May 26, 2015, 12:07:30 am »

I finished the pump stack to bring water from the caverns into my cistern. It's even located right next to the hospital. :)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41568 on: May 26, 2015, 01:33:01 am »

Sadly, Torcholive is no more. Due to bugs, as one might imagine. A forgotten beast made of flame came to the fort - and due to the poor way the AI manages high temperatures, my troops refused to engage in combat. By luck, a ranger nearby killed the beast but the damage was already done. Said ranger and my entire military are now standing around the cavern floor slowly starving to death because the wall nearby is kinda hot. Turning temperature off didn't resolve the issues, unfortunately. 

I might return to the fort if I can find some DFhack solution.
Possible solutions I can think of, tiletypes s wall m stone sp normal and blit the hot tiles into fresh cool ones, liquids w and dump water on it, liquids o and blit the tiles into obsidian, uh, not sure where I'd poke around in gm-editor to fix it but I'm sure there is a way, not worth it since you can just hack the hot walls with tiletypes.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41569 on: May 26, 2015, 08:03:30 am »

Genned a world that so hot one of my adventurers melted. hoping I can survive in the cooler norther part in fort mode XD

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41570 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:58 pm »

PTW.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41571 on: May 26, 2015, 12:59:44 pm »

The dead walk! Hide while you can!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41572 on: May 26, 2015, 01:14:13 pm »

Wut? You do the RAVENS ARE MURDER thread, don't you? Did you get another siege or something?
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41573 on: May 26, 2015, 01:28:16 pm »

Wut? You do the RAVENS ARE MURDER thread, don't you? Did you get another siege or something?
Verily so to all questions! More corpses!

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41574 on: May 26, 2015, 02:19:15 pm »

so i just had "some migrants have arrived despite the dangers"

should i be worried or is it saying that due to my approach to trading?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41575 on: May 26, 2015, 02:34:48 pm »

If you obliterate enough of your caravans/dwarves, no new migrants will show up until it's safe again

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41576 on: May 26, 2015, 02:51:58 pm »

If you obliterate enough of your caravans/dwarves, no new migrants will show up until it's safe again

well i did lose about 82 dwarves just year ago to a dwarven caravan.....but i have had 2 succesful dorf migrants before this who didnt have the "despite the dangers" bullshit

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41577 on: May 26, 2015, 03:48:07 pm »

Man, things are so boring in my fortress since the last FB visited. Only had 1 siege (undead) and that 1 beast so far in 6 years of the fort running. No shortage of wealth or dwarves either. Seriously debating on retiring the fort once I get the monarch. Alternatively, I could have a go at the clowns and test my luck (and trap making capabilities).
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.
He dreams of mastering a skill.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41578 on: May 26, 2015, 04:20:43 pm »

Man, things are so boring in my fortress since the last FB visited. Only had 1 siege (undead) and that 1 beast so far in 6 years of the fort running. No shortage of wealth or dwarves either. Seriously debating on retiring the fort once I get the monarch. Alternatively, I could have a go at the clowns and test my luck (and trap making capabilities).

i got two fbs swimming around under my fort..ill need to get around killing those once i get the chance..

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41579 on: May 26, 2015, 04:51:03 pm »

Huh... two sieges, and that's it, for me in 4 years... one of which was a bunch of humans.

I may actually be attacking hell soon... nobody seems to post anything about siege weaponry, is it effective? Against demons?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 2770 2771 [2772] 2773 2774 ... 3842