Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2766 2767 [2768] 2769 2770 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6114513 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41505 on: May 24, 2015, 07:36:02 am »

Struck the first of two adamantine spires on my map first adamantine EVER ohmigod 750 dwarfbucks in RAW form screw gold platinum aluminium holy Armok!!!

As you can tell ,I am more than a little excited. Will back up fort and probably watch HFS happen for laughs.

EDIT: currently invading hell, with miners, for the lulz. Some worry about backedup save: FATAL ERROR messages are never nice, but am currently experiencing deja vu with earlier backup, as I wait for my miners to expose HFS.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:54:52 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41506 on: May 24, 2015, 08:03:19 am »

Another accident.
Something collapsed while the dorfs were removing buildings. The dust knocked them over and 3 of them dropped 30+ z levels down into the water and blew apart.

Now only 1 left...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:07:18 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41507 on: May 24, 2015, 08:06:14 am »

Just found HFS. Not playing for serious, or losing my fort REALLY, but what a moment. Eerie.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41508 on: May 24, 2015, 08:52:08 am »

Just found HFS. Not playing for serious, or losing my fort REALLY, but what a moment. Eerie.
Horrifying spookiness awaits

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41509 on: May 24, 2015, 09:51:36 am »

So far: I lost around 6 dwaves from 120, they lost 4 demons from ~70. Still: 1 was my second deadliest dwarf: a spearlord with a special long name, who didn't care about anything. He was pretty chill about dying, too. Time to watch my fortress get ravished... if I send mass sacrifices at the ones made of flame, can a legendary militia clean up the remaining non steam and flame ones? I doubt it... I have a lot of siege artillery, most of it in the King's bedroom as he likes ballistae  ::).

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41510 on: May 24, 2015, 11:06:50 am »

Making my militia stand over piles of corpses to toughen them up, always fun. :D

Also, suddenly we have 500 dwarven wine. Did I buy this from the traders, brew it from my own farms, brew it from plump helmets bought from the traders, or some combination? I have never had over 200 of any drink before... weird.

I have 1500 sunshine. you jelly? yeah, you jelly.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41511 on: May 24, 2015, 11:11:13 am »

OK, 5 of my greatest warriors (I have 8.) have been found dead, after a heroic battle with demons in which we learnt NOT to engage them one vs many. Oh, and after the deoms went to swim in the lava sea, a chameleon demon of flame came when dwarves went to reclaim bodies. It spits fire. Should be fun to watch, still can't believe 5 soldiers killed 14 demons... guess we only had 1 really tough type... have backed up world btw, want to watch fort die though.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41512 on: May 24, 2015, 11:12:50 am »

had an accident involving dwarven trades.lost about 30 up dorfs. a tantrum spiral followed. then a forgotten beast appeared.

now it just suddenly dissapeared from unit listings...a normal day

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41513 on: May 24, 2015, 11:13:29 am »

God dammit, why the hell are there so many weretapi- oh yeah. I was one, and went around biting people at night. Well... This is terrible. The third weretapir in as many months has showed up, luckily, I have a really nice burning steel battle axe from a caravan. The first one didn't hurt anybody, just got his teeth punched out then his head lopped off, the second one bit a guy...'s head off. And the third... BRING IT ONE, EWE!!!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41514 on: May 24, 2015, 11:25:43 am »

What a flawless hybrid of adventure and fortress mode. I've thought about becoming a mighty vampire necromancer and taking over a tower, and then trying to fight it off in fortress mode

AgentNos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41515 on: May 24, 2015, 11:42:16 am »

When I first breached the caverns (for my first time ever, I was pretty excited) the first thing I noticed was a Giant Cave Swallow corpse, drenched to the bone in GCS venom... I put it out of my mind, it wasn't on the creature list so it's probably fine, right?

Fast forward a year or so. Urist McMetalsmith has been elected mayor and is demanding swanky new quarters.
Whilst watching over the construction of the Nobility Suite, complete with solid gold masterwork doors, armour stands, weapon racks and thrones (lucky legendary metalcrafter or whatever), 2 troglodites in cages and a route to a soon-to-be solid gold panic room/vault thing(and maybe some form of !fun! for the lucky guy) I saw a notice pop up in the alerts...
Urist McGonetocollectwebs has been found dead.
Ok, well, that's alright and to be expected, he's wondered off pretty far from the safety of the caverns entrance, so it's probably a giant Olm or a hungry head, I'll designate a coffin for him so he can be buried.
Urist McHauler has cancelled job: Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider.

Oh, yeah. There's this dude. I zoomed to the place where the poor sap was when this happened and saw the beast. Now, seeing as this is my first encounter with a GCS, I was pretty excited. I has the labyrinthine tunnels leading to the fortress littered with cage traps, and seeing as most of my people were wandering around them, I felt I had a good chance of netting myself a nice prize to set upon gift to any visiting elves. I mobilised my 6-dwarf militia and sent them to act as bait. A fish cleaner punched the spider in the leg and it bolted, skitting right across the cavern floor, tactfully dodging every freaking cage trap until it eventually stepped on one. Except it wasn't a cage trap. It was one of three stone fall traps. It died when a lump of microline clonked it on the head.

Welp. Now I have a named spider corpse sitting in the caverns... guess I better call the haulers...

I've also ran out of alcohol... My unchecked food stockpile is using way too many barrels so I have nothing to store it in despite having metric butt tonnes of fruits and veggies to brew with...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:46:21 am by AgentNos »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41516 on: May 24, 2015, 11:43:18 am »

Killed that one, a stray hunter shot him in the head five times with -steel bolt-s. Wish I'd screenshotted the next one, it was particularly hilarious/terrifying.

The dwarf Lafi Arizepave has come! A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry!

The horror...
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41517 on: May 24, 2015, 11:45:53 am »

Known bug, it's a night creature that transformed back into a Dwarf

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41518 on: May 24, 2015, 11:47:57 am »

As of the time being, the fort's going along fairly well, though unfortunately, my coal supply ran out, and am now relying on charcoal for a good year or so.  Preparing for the baron and king has gone underway with gold and platinum for their rooms (Gold for the baron and platinum for the monarch, if ya wonder.  Also had a little chamber before the king's throne to be fitted with glass statues and windows).

Still trying to drain the underground lakes unfortunately, and with not much success on the second cave's underground lake.  Not sure if the edges puke out water like no tomorrow...  If so, then I might have a slight altercation to my obsidian fabricator system involving 4 drawbridges, a glass screw pump and 3 z-levels.

Also baffled at the lack of siege.  At this rate, I may very well tussle with the elves to show those pointy-eared folks the true power of steel and its effects on the fair folk themselves!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41519 on: May 24, 2015, 11:51:45 am »

I laughed for a good five minutes at the dwarf arriving. Thought it was pretty funny. Only time I've seen a funnier werebeast incident is when a werebeast charged up my stairs, only to turn back into a human, run down the stairs, and a random woodcutter who knew nothing lopped his head off and continued on his day... The dwarf just randomly killed a naked human on the stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 2766 2767 [2768] 2769 2770 ... 3842