Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2765 2766 [2767] 2768 2769 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6114465 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41490 on: May 23, 2015, 07:41:28 pm »

Zombie monkeys stole my pants :c

All those clothing symbols on the left are, in fact, zombie monkeys with my pants. bye pants  :'(
This is funnier than it has any right to be.  Maybe I've had a bit too much rum tonight, but I am in tears from laughing.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41491 on: May 23, 2015, 08:39:39 pm »

God dammit, giant tigers got enraged by my hunter, killed everyone. Embarking on a biome that's half sinister, half serene. Bringing a bunch of ewes and a ram, going to try out the textile industry after four years of not using it. I always just used leather to make my clothes, as it could double as armor producers for my lighter militia.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41492 on: May 23, 2015, 08:48:34 pm »

Zombie monkeys stole my pants :c

All those clothing symbols on the left are, in fact, zombie monkeys with my pants. bye pants  :'(
This is funnier than it has any right to be.  Maybe I've had a bit too much rum tonight, but I am in tears from laughing.

As far as I can tell, if an animal that likes to steal things dies, it retains that tag when it becomes undead.

[CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] specifically

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41493 on: May 23, 2015, 08:56:36 pm »

A sworm of thralled giant kias. Had to deal with that once... Oh, the dwarfanity...
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41494 on: May 23, 2015, 09:56:30 pm »

I'm tired. I took a benydril. I'm playing DF trying to get this fort to last more than a season for the third time because the same necro keeps coming back before they are even read. Finaly just started with seven fully equipped dwarves and scavenged food from previous fort attempts.

This is a serious text message I sent to a friend a minute ago...
"Nice
I'm playing DF
Waiting for day dayum necro to come back so I can finaly woop his ass and get the vengeance the spirits of my past forts deserve"

He's playing dark souls, that poor poor soul
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41495 on: May 23, 2015, 11:04:25 pm »

I started up a new fortress a couple days ago. I always end up building some sort of castle or citadel on the surface for kicks. This is how it looks so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I got attacked by about seven goblin archers but they were no match for my macedwarves.

Then the elven caravan came with a giraffe, which are apparently war trainable. I must have an army of war giraffes now. This is happening.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41496 on: May 23, 2015, 11:54:24 pm »

It will make an area extending from the cursor to the east (range x) south (range y) and upwards (range z) hidden, black, and below ground as though it were never revealed.

The same effect can be achieved with revflood but it can be wonky when you're trying to re-hide a specific chunk of map.

So if you were to set the dimensions of this tool to the dimensions of the map after sealing off unwanted areas, would the appropriate areas be revealed immediately by your dwarves or would everything go horribly wrong?
Sorry should have explained better, you can pick to leave areas unrevealed, do it in blocks or clean up a whole level and then do h 0 l 1 on staircases passing through it or so forth.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41497 on: May 24, 2015, 12:15:14 am »

So... Uhh... Embarked on an area intersecting a tropical freshwater swamp, savanna, and shrubland, so I'm getting everything the tropics can offer, elephants, rhinoes, giraffes, giant lions-tigers-jaguars-leopards-cheetahs, gorillas, all those, and... well... Slight problem with my perfect spot...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is that thing going to attack once I unpause? The u menu says he's a current resident. Is he on my side now? Because I really don't want to have to fight a titan with hazardous spit right off the bat, with only four copper picks and an axe for defense. I don't want to leave, either, as this is a perfect, literally perfect spot. It's flat, has a lot of trees to the north, has a river, has every type of stone layer, and has limestone, my favourite building material.

Edit: Okay, one lucky axe swing from behind while it was busy with three giant wild boars killed it. And yes, it does attack.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:37:49 am by StagnantSoul »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41498 on: May 24, 2015, 01:07:12 am »

My dorfs had successfully exposed the cavern to the sunlight.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41499 on: May 24, 2015, 03:18:31 am »

Making my militia stand over piles of corpses to toughen them up, always fun. :D

Also, suddenly we have 500 dwarven wine. Did I buy this from the traders, brew it from my own farms, brew it from plump helmets bought from the traders, or some combination? I have never had over 200 of any drink before... weird.
One wheel short of a wagon

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41500 on: May 24, 2015, 04:24:34 am »

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41501 on: May 24, 2015, 04:28:50 am »

Do your dwarves all live on that platform?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41502 on: May 24, 2015, 04:35:29 am »

Good grief, utunnels, how long did that take?
One wheel short of a wagon

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41503 on: May 24, 2015, 04:48:03 am »

Do your dwarves all live on that platform?
Yeah, currently they are. But there are only 6 of them since I've turned off migrants.
I will soon let them move into the cavern after the project is done.

Good grief, utunnels, how long did that take?
About 8 years with seven dorfs. Unfortunately one of them was killed by a crundle.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41504 on: May 24, 2015, 06:51:28 am »

Another two dorfs died. One was killed by a giant toad, the other by a cave crocodile.
Now only 4 are alive. Time to receive some migrants.

Pages: 1 ... 2765 2766 [2767] 2768 2769 ... 3842