Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2764 2765 [2766] 2767 2768 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6114448 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41475 on: May 22, 2015, 03:26:26 pm »

Zombie monkeys are stealing my gold ;-;
Set up monkey traps? Unleash zombie monkies on goblin invaders?

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41476 on: May 22, 2015, 03:30:46 pm »

trade well with them. then when they are leaving all happy and shit. send your military on them.slaughter them all. steal their cargo. burn down every tree you can find.thats what i do
Sworddwarves are intercepting them now.

Edit: Results! The entire caravan was slaughtered without even a bruise to any of my dwarves, who did an absolutely magnificent job. They even bisected an elf or two. Can't hump trees anymore! Showed them what happens when you insult a dwarf.

now leave all the shit lying on the ground. show them that you are so fucking rich that their crappy little products mean shit to you!

Wait, you trade with them before hand?

... so basically you passed up a chance to insult them, and labelled your own fortress-produced goods as stolen so yo9u can't trade them to someone you actually need to trade with?

its not about the money. its about sending a message.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41477 on: May 22, 2015, 03:56:44 pm »

what about the 8(8 Damn Emoticon)? How slow is that? My dwarves have seemed slower after exploring the caverns, so might closing them off do it?

This will help, but it won't solve the problem. Every explored tile on the map decreases your FPS (also before its explored, but less so then) even if it's walled off.
Dfhack: tiletypes h 1 l 0 sv 0 (range x) (range y) (range z)

I love this fort, MaxTM. DFhack says this tool can be dangerous, what will your code do?
One wheel short of a wagon

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41478 on: May 22, 2015, 09:07:13 pm »

It will make an area extending from the cursor to the east (range x) south (range y) and upwards (range z) hidden, black, and below ground as though it were never revealed.

The same effect can be achieved with revflood but it can be wonky when you're trying to re-hide a specific chunk of map.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41479 on: May 23, 2015, 01:17:30 am »

Every time I get past about three years in a fort, my farmers stop wanting to harvest things. Any advice?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41480 on: May 23, 2015, 03:13:06 am »

It will make an area extending from the cursor to the east (range x) south (range y) and upwards (range z) hidden, black, and below ground as though it were never revealed.

The same effect can be achieved with revflood but it can be wonky when you're trying to re-hide a specific chunk of map.

So... I should get rid of the sky? That will remove lag?

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41481 on: May 23, 2015, 04:46:52 am »

So if you were to set the dimensions of this tool to the dimensions of the map after sealing off unwanted areas, would the appropriate areas be revealed immediately by your dwarves or would everything go horribly wrong?
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41482 on: May 23, 2015, 10:17:29 am »

Every time I get past about three years in a fort, my farmers stop wanting to harvest things. Any advice?

Are your plant/food stockpiles full? That is usually my problem when I see too many withering plants.

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41483 on: May 23, 2015, 11:27:40 am »

Welp...we have a problem. The king of my dwarf civ apparently just died, and his cousin to the nth degree inherited his throne...said cousin lives in my fortress. We aren't even a county yet! Now she wants the best provisions known to dwarven kind and I have nothing of the sort >.< Time to bend my entire fortress towards providing for the new queen, I guess.
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.
He dreams of mastering a skill.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41484 on: May 23, 2015, 11:56:37 am »

Fully expored all three cavern layers, finding adamantine. Have 19 prisoners, 10 of which are humans, 9 underground creatures.

FPS back to 26 rather than 8 as merchants left, nearly 3 million created wealth.

One funny incident in which a group of capybara men scared some immigrants near the corpse pile that all invaders seem to enter by, with 1 getting killed by my MC, while another scared a so-called "animal tamer", the first immigrant, with several others, up a tree, who then had to be cut down, and stood traumatised while my woodcutter wandered off.

The lone capybara man uncaged was then chased through ponds though all my pastures and 140 animals into another cage trap 1/3 of the map away by the second immigrant, a waxworker, while a bunch of giant storks flew over their heads.

Make of that what you will.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41485 on: May 23, 2015, 03:42:46 pm »

I didn't secure the third Cavern fast enough, and zombie Crundles just ate a female Cave Dragon :'(

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41486 on: May 23, 2015, 06:13:05 pm »

Well, apparently I did just need a new stockpile, but now I have the slightly different problem that my militiadorfs all seem to be training Wrestler despite being assigned weapons.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41487 on: May 23, 2015, 06:32:43 pm »

Started on a 4x4 tropical shrubland, grassland, and savanna.

The first few buildings are under construction, limestone 6x8x3 houses, with a ground floor, basement, and second floor, each holding three dwarves in rooms comfortably, with a dog chained at the front door. Paved limestone roads connect each house, there's eighteen under construction, and the dining room will be 28x38x2, with a basement for holding food and the ground floor being full of tables on one side, a nice statue garden on the other. Each material industry (metal, gem, stone, bone, wood, etc etc.) will have it's own 3 story building, with the basement holding raw materials, the first floor being the workshops, and the top floor being item storage. A stone wall will go around the town, with a drawbridge on the top and bottom. Dogs will be chained near each drawbridge, two on both ends, and periodically around the outside of the wall. The military will get it's own building as well. The biggest building will be for the mayor once he comes. This'll be... Big. Not sure how it'll look, but it wont be square.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41488 on: May 23, 2015, 06:47:31 pm »

Started on a 4x4 tropical shrubland, grassland, and savanna.

The first few buildings are under construction, limestone 6x8x3 houses, with a ground floor, basement, and second floor, each holding three dwarves in rooms comfortably, with a dog chained at the front door. Paved limestone roads connect each house, there's eighteen under construction, and the dining room will be 28x38x2, with a basement for holding food and the ground floor being full of tables on one side, a nice statue garden on the other. Each material industry (metal, gem, stone, bone, wood, etc etc.) will have it's own 3 story building, with the basement holding raw materials, the first floor being the workshops, and the top floor being item storage. A stone wall will go around the town, with a drawbridge on the top and bottom. Dogs will be chained near each drawbridge, two on both ends, and periodically around the outside of the wall. The military will get it's own building as well. The biggest building will be for the mayor once he comes. This'll be... Big. Not sure how it'll look, but it wont be square.
That is a madly ambitious project... I approve! :D  On the condition that you supply regular pictures.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41489 on: May 23, 2015, 07:23:45 pm »

Zombie monkeys stole my pants :c

All those clothing symbols on the left are, in fact, zombie monkeys with my pants. bye pants  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 2764 2765 [2766] 2767 2768 ... 3842