Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 [2753] 2754 2755 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6113460 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41280 on: May 10, 2015, 01:45:55 pm »

I'm having trouble getting my dwarves to use my beautiful large pots. For some reason my food is just lying without containers in the stockpile while the pots clutter up the workshops? Anyone have any ideas?
You mean barrels right?

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41281 on: May 10, 2015, 01:53:35 pm »

I'm having trouble getting my dwarves to use my beautiful large pots. For some reason my food is just lying without containers in the stockpile while the pots clutter up the workshops? Anyone have any ideas?
You mean barrels right?

No. According to the wiki, and a few threads lying around here, pots should work just fine or better, but my dwarves refuse to use them. I just learned that pots were useable for storage today so I'm not really sure if any extra steps are necessary or if I'm doing something wrong, but my dwarves just aren't using them.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41282 on: May 10, 2015, 02:02:05 pm »

Think i know the problem: food can only be put in barrels. Maybe you can use the pots for stuff like weapons and finished goods

Edit: wiki says they should work like barrels, but also says "     Dwarves will sometimes leave pots in furniture stockpile even when using them to store food."

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:08:17 pm by conein »

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41283 on: May 10, 2015, 02:15:48 pm »

There are pots in the furniture stockpile, but none of them have food in them. The brewer has used them for drinks, but so far that's as far as I've been able to get them to go. Loose plump helmets lying around all over the place.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41284 on: May 10, 2015, 02:22:48 pm »

Never kiss a dwarf.

Wait... How does that goblin talk without his tongue?

I'm sure the goblin meant to say "Death is all around us. This is truly terrifying." but in reality he said "mumble mumble mumble gargle gargle mumble"
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41285 on: May 10, 2015, 03:51:08 pm »

There are pots in the furniture stockpile, but none of them have food in them. The brewer has used them for drinks, but so far that's as far as I've been able to get them to go. Loose plump helmets lying around all over the place.

Make sure your food stockpiles all have barrels set to maximum. And if they're set to take from links only then link the furniture stockpile to them. Also make sure that there are enouh haulers, as they may just be prioritising lugging metal bars around over organising the food stockpiles.
 I use pots exclusively and have never had that issue.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41286 on: May 10, 2015, 06:49:24 pm »

Now they're working fine. I guess it was just a hauling issue, I only had about 11 dwarves at the time.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41287 on: May 10, 2015, 08:44:59 pm »

Ok doc, I know you want to help this gal and keep doing surgery but this gal who stepped in forgotten beast blood without shoes on seems to have a permanent whole body rot symptom. 

You are very rapidly becoming a surgery god but I don't think yer gunna be saving this one.  The rot builds up just as fast as you cut it off, and honestly at this point I'm surprised there is anything left to remove.  Seriously, this looks like put out of her misery levels here.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41288 on: May 10, 2015, 08:50:40 pm »

Ok doc, I know you want to help this gal and keep doing surgery but this gal who stepped in forgotten beast blood without shoes on seems to have a permanent whole body rot symptom. 

You are very rapidly becoming a surgery god but I don't think yer gunna be saving this one.  The rot builds up just as fast as you cut it off, and honestly at this point I'm surprised there is anything left to remove.  Seriously, this looks like put out of her misery levels here.

Nonsense! She's just got a touch of swelling. Remove the affected part and she'll get right up and back to work.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41289 on: May 10, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »

Hehe at least I got a near legendary surgeon out of it.  Unfortunately after nearly a season of work. The real doctor went to go get a drink and one of the chop shop nurses picked it up instead.

Death by bloodloss.

FUN news though is that the soldiers who killed the forgotten beasts decided to spar with their apparently bloodied weapons.  So now the militia commander is swelling up like a balloon.   Guess I'll have to find and melt those swords and try to make more with my useful metal shortage.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41290 on: May 11, 2015, 02:13:00 am »

I managed to drown half my fort - luckly the bottom half, below the sleeping quarters.
I tried to make an automated seal for my water reservoir, but I did something wrong with the pressure plate and the floodgate didn't close.
I managed to close it via Levers, but the water overflowed and started seeping in the fortress.
So I decided to hollow another reservoir in order to lower the water level, only I miscalculated the water pressure and after releasing the bottom floodgate the water managed to destroy (or at least to block open) a door with stone boulders and then proceeded to fill my tetrahedrite's mines that were on lower levels nearby.

Next building program: empty the mines.
What would be best,
  • to dig another reservoir, this time feeding it by a screw pump (at least until the mines are empty of water), in order to better control the flow;
  • or to pump the water directly on the surface (pump stack fueled by whaterweels, I had a channel dug for power generation - and fishing control)?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41291 on: May 11, 2015, 06:38:36 am »

A group of ravens flew into my fort as I forgot to add a floor over the draw bridge.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

jaw2233

• Bay Watcher
  • forgetting which switch does what since *BLAM* ow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41292 on: May 11, 2015, 08:21:31 am »

currently my marksdwarf is stuck in a fungi wood tree. in a underground lake. he cant swim so naturaly he jumps in the water and starts drowning, crawls back on the tree, and repeats
I sincerely apologize for whatever happened above this.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41293 on: May 11, 2015, 08:37:11 am »

There are clothes on the ground all around the fort...what.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #41294 on: May 11, 2015, 09:54:55 am »

There are clothes on the ground all around the fort...what.

Dwarves try to replace their old, rotten clothing with new clothing. But instead of just going to the stockpile to pick it up, they drop their rotten clothing on the ground when the job starts and run (potentially naked) to the stockpile to pick up the new clothes.
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 [2753] 2754 2755 ... 3842