Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2742 2743 [2744] 2745 2746 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112708 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41145 on: May 02, 2015, 05:43:01 pm »

MAGMA CRAB HAS GIVEN BIRTH TO TRIPLETS

FUCK GET OFF MY MAP

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #41146 on: May 02, 2015, 09:19:33 pm »

My third, and currently last, miner just went into a secretive mood.  Miners have been responsible for three out of ten moods in my current fortress.  Two of the moods were children.  NONE of my metalworkers have had moods.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41147 on: May 02, 2015, 10:31:47 pm »

Didn't know olms could fly...

You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41148 on: May 03, 2015, 02:52:45 am »

I was reading topics when the caravan began to leave. So I didn't unlock the gate for them...
When I unpaused the game, I found this:

*merchant standing there looking at a little sundial on his wrist, tapping his toe on the ground by the gate*

'I swear to some awful goblin deity if I don't get out of here soon, I mean, the rudeness, keeping us here waiting for nothing?'

*shortly afterwards*

'Ok this getting ridiculous, now my watch is broken, no wait, is it freaking raining? I swear, I am literally angry enough to punch a donkey in the brain...'

*the other merchant looks somewhat alarmed*

'Heh, good thing we don't gotta worry about tha-'

"HEE-HAW!!!"

MAGMA CRAB HAS GIVEN BIRTH TO TRIPLETS

FUCK OFF MY MAP
I read this without the "get" and it amused the hell out of me.

How are they getting stung through full plate
Maybe they get in-between the armor parts and then sting?
'Did you hear what happened to Doren the other day?'

"No, why, she get another bee stuck in her beard?"

'Hah, not this time, it got stuck in her armor this time, poor girl just starts ranting and clawing at her breastplate, after the merchant punched that donkey in the brain we figured it must be contagious or something but usually berserkers don't tear off a piece of armor and run 30 floors downstairs to punch a beekeeper in the nose.'

*laughter ensues*
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:55:49 am by Max™ »

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41149 on: May 03, 2015, 05:11:31 am »

I had a giant eyeless fire-breathing bull come out of the cavern layer and murder every other living creature down there.

It then ran into an emaciated giant grasshopper with "deadly dust". After roasting the grasshopper to death, the bull (who had been thoroughly covered in the dust) suddenly started having all it's fat melt all over the place.

A useless Fishery Worker lurched into the caverns and attracted it's wrath, promptly getting burned himself. Fortunately his sacrifice enabled me to trap the creature with my bridges. So now I have a "pet" giant, eyeless, fire-breathing bull with all it's body fat melted off...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41150 on: May 03, 2015, 07:08:54 am »

Mayor just went into a fey mood. This is my second fortress, and this also happened with the first mayor I had.

What is it with mayors?

Also, will I have to replace him again?
One wheel short of a wagon

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41151 on: May 03, 2015, 07:33:08 am »

I had a giant eyeless fire-breathing bull come out of the cavern layer and murder every other living creature down there.

It then ran into an emaciated giant grasshopper with "deadly dust". After roasting the grasshopper to death, the bull (who had been thoroughly covered in the dust) suddenly started having all it's fat melt all over the place.

A useless Fishery Worker lurched into the caverns and attracted it's wrath, promptly getting burned himself. Fortunately his sacrifice enabled me to trap the creature with my bridges. So now I have a "pet" giant, eyeless, fire-breathing bull with all it's body fat melted off...
You're well on your way to becoming a forgotten beast tamer! Try to catch a GCS and that will be the final step!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41152 on: May 03, 2015, 07:47:44 am »

He made an artifact bracelet of 1.3 or so times the value of the first mayor's artifact, a mug.

The artifact name: Stillpresent.

Spoo-ooky.
One wheel short of a wagon

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #41153 on: May 03, 2015, 08:02:04 am »

New fort! The Hammers of Smiling.
So, I embarked on a volcano with a nearby stream. I was preparing the water reactors for pumping lava out of the volcano mouth.

This was my first time using pumps, and I forgot to wall off the outflow tile on the initial pump. So my pump operator comes and suddenly OMG WATER EVERWHERE!

I have since ordered all the pumps to have a wall around the outflow tile.

Artefact time! I've had two artefacts so far, one was a possession. A migrant wave had just arrived, and halfway to the fortress one of the migrant hunters got possessed and claimed a craftsdwarf workshop. He ended up making an obsidian amulet.

Lenodazin (Seedwatched): This is an obsidian amulet. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with cushion obsidian cabochons, decorated with sheep wool and encircled with bands of octagon cut pyrites.

The second artefact was when a migrant bowyer went into a fey mood and claimed a bowyers workshop. I was expecting a crossbow or something else useful, but no. He just had to make a blowgun didn't he?

Astelkes (The Allied Scratch): This is an oaken blowgun. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of oak. This object menaces with spikes of persimmon wood. On the item is an image of a tall cross in oak. On the item is an image of Tun Channelmansions the dwarf in morion. Tun Channelmansions is labouring. The artwork relates to the settling of the dwarf Tun Channelmansions in The Hammer of Smiling  in the early autumn of 125.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

kahrkunne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41154 on: May 03, 2015, 08:39:33 am »

I have 30 or 40 dwarves hauling gold ore and the end is finally (after a looooong time) coming in sight. Trying to find something to do with my gold. Gold tables, weapon racks, cabinets, bridges, gold everything. Encrusted with gems, too.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41155 on: May 03, 2015, 09:34:53 am »

Sadly, while playing my 2012 Three-tiered Dwarf Society Fortress I have been crashing to desktop.  I am so close to my goal of seeing what the children born in the Fortress will become - maybe a few in-game months.  Then I can stop and start a new Fortress with the current version.  I want to try a new Fortress, with the sole goal of making a utopia - using all the knowledge I have built up over the years.  Making well designed bedrooms, grand dining rooms, wide hallways, easy to navigate stairways and ramps, going for both functional YET beautiful levels.  Maybe an Island Fortress so I don't have to worry about sieges and getting too many Dwarfs.

Using all the tricks of the trade I have learned from the forum.  I just have to complete this GAME first.   
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41156 on: May 03, 2015, 02:42:55 pm »

This just happened.  See if you can figure out why I'm confused;

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41157 on: May 03, 2015, 03:19:32 pm »

Okay, lungfish. If you really think you can fly.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41158 on: May 03, 2015, 04:00:45 pm »

Okay, lungfish. If you really think you can fly.

"There is no 'think we can', only 'we can' and 'we can not.' And there is no 'we can not.' " --Lungfish

Really, DF lungfish are magical creatures that can fly and phase through solid rock.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41159 on: May 03, 2015, 06:21:14 pm »

Sadly, while playing my 2012 Three-tiered Dwarf Society Fortress I have been crashing to desktop.  I am so close to my goal of seeing what the children born in the Fortress will become - maybe a few in-game months.  Then I can stop and start a new Fortress with the current version.  I want to try a new Fortress, with the sole goal of making a utopia - using all the knowledge I have built up over the years.  Making well designed bedrooms, grand dining rooms, wide hallways, easy to navigate stairways and ramps, going for both functional YET beautiful levels.  Maybe an Island Fortress so I don't have to worry about sieges and getting too many Dwarfs.

Using all the tricks of the trade I have learned from the forum.  I just have to complete this GAME first.

Sadly you could embark wherever you want and still probably wouldn't get anything good.  :'(
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!
Pages: 1 ... 2742 2743 [2744] 2745 2746 ... 3842