Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2741 2742 [2743] 2744 2745 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112527 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41130 on: May 02, 2015, 07:54:52 am »

A Weasel corpse now has a good chance of murdering several Dwarves.... via attrition ::)  The most said corpse can manage is bruising fat & muscle, but my Dwarves are unable to land a solid hit of their own.  I tried installing cage traps around the area, but my mechanics promptly joined the melee which then spilled outside the confines of the surface bunker.  My Marksdwarves have now burned through every preciously few metal bolt I had available.  Is there any way to save my Dwarves from fighting themselves in to starvation?

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41131 on: May 02, 2015, 08:09:36 am »

A Weasel corpse now has a good chance of murdering several Dwarves.... via attrition ::)  The most said corpse can manage is bruising fat & muscle, but my Dwarves are unable to land a solid hit of their own.  I tried installing cage traps around the area, but my mechanics promptly joined the melee which then spilled outside the confines of the surface bunker.  My Marksdwarves have now burned through every preciously few metal bolt I had available.  Is there any way to save my Dwarves from fighting themselves in to starvation?

Maybe take them all out of the military and start an alert that is very far away, past that know idea.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41132 on: May 02, 2015, 08:43:49 am »

The best artifact my fort has produced, The Perfect Martyr, a tetrahedrite coffein with white diamond, cave spider silk, green zircon, etc was built in the king's mausoleum a few years back. Now 1 in 8 decorations from the traders seem to have an image of The Perfect Martyr on them. Very interesting interaction, esp. as my outpost liason told me his civilisation fell to the goblin civ we fight as my fortress was founded, and my expedition leader was made King, and replaced. I mean, I could have told him that. Still, it's fun to see how news gets around. I assume the traders are living in a cave or something... or taking treasure back from their ruined mountainhome... but in that case, how did they decorate it? The barons of the dwarf civ are all merchants. Odd. Am I part of the goblin civilisation that sent 10 goblins to die in my fort, and killed 6 of my members? Are the craftsmen of the dwarves making stuff on the move, just like Lord of the Rings after Moria? Or is normal life continuing in some hamlet or other, off the beaten track? Would like to know.

Also, my cook is now a baron! Yay! Go Cerol! And my Mayor is called Minkot Thestarurist! How did I not notice that he had "Urist" in his name? What a guy. Nearly as great as my last mayor, who made the best artifact in the last fort.
One wheel short of a wagon

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41133 on: May 02, 2015, 09:41:58 am »

"I'm here to kick ass and take baths... and already had my bath."

This guy is awesome.  He's done more work slightly wounded than the lazy-ass planter at my last fort did in 3 seasons.

Said 'bath' was probably from pumping water down a 115-z shaft to the magma sea to make farms in the very bones of the earth.

I also seem to have a revolving-door-gemcutter problem...  One was killed by said giant olm above.  I just got a replacement, which was promply spooked by a crundle and fell from the surface clean to the magma sea and covered my farms in severed limbs.  Hadn't even lost 'new arrival' yet.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:07:54 am by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41134 on: May 02, 2015, 09:54:23 am »

I was reading topics when the caravan began to leave. So I didn't unlock the gate for them...
When I unpaused the game, I found this:

Oops.

I also found another two donkeys and a merchant were stricken by melancholy. So I pulled the lever quickly to let them go.
Then a group of drunians rushed in and were killed by angry soldiers.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:05:17 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41135 on: May 02, 2015, 10:04:41 am »

And now our sole decent fighter is a zombie. He made it through the caravan guards, and, uh, every other dwarf outside. No real sign of stopping anytime soon.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41136 on: May 02, 2015, 10:15:53 am »

Anyone else had decorations or coins with their artifacts on them coming in from outside the fort?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41137 on: May 02, 2015, 10:37:39 am »

The {rat Remains} strikes The Iron Lord in the left lower leg, bruising the muscle through the (-bismuth bronze greaves-)!

Who made the bismuth bronze greaves?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41138 on: May 02, 2015, 10:44:16 am »

Anyone else had decorations or coins with their artifacts on them coming in from outside the fort?

Oh yes.  I had a legendary hammer made, then the caravan brought goods decorated with pictures of the legendary hammer just days later.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41139 on: May 02, 2015, 10:46:50 am »

So it's not just furniture?

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41140 on: May 02, 2015, 02:01:30 pm »

As of late, my fort had a nasty run-in with a were-bear, murdering 5 dwarves (including a miner), and incapacitating the other miner.  Had to draft a peasant to be a miner to replace the loss.  I hadn't even attracted that much wealth, and I get mauled.  Definitely more motive to get the walls at least 2 z-levels up.

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41141 on: May 02, 2015, 02:10:30 pm »

And now our sole decent fighter is a zombie. He made it through the caravan guards, and, uh, every other dwarf outside. No real sign of stopping anytime soon.

Thank god he fell into the sea. Unfortunately, he fell in carrying our only set of steel gear, and more isn't forthcoming until winter comes and the ocean freezes so we can get through to stone.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41142 on: May 02, 2015, 02:14:06 pm »

As of late, my fort had a nasty run-in with a were-bear, murdering 5 dwarves (including a miner), and incapacitating the other miner.  Had to draft a peasant to be a miner to replace the loss.  I hadn't even attracted that much wealth, and I get mauled.  Definitely more motive to get the walls at least 2 z-levels up.
Ooh, a werebear. Did you get any dwarves bitten to gain the curse? Would be fun to see a werebear dwarf fighting goblins.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41143 on: May 02, 2015, 02:20:13 pm »

Ooh, a werebear. Did you get any dwarves bitten to gain the curse? Would be fun to see a werebear dwarf fighting goblins.

The miner that died got bit, but...  he died.  As for other victims, I think only one survived that had contact (six in total, 5 dead).  The sole survivor did -not- get bit.  I do wonder why you ask of that.  Wouldn't that mean that every month, I'd have a serious infiltration problem with werebear dwarves that'd want to murder my dwarves?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41144 on: May 02, 2015, 02:26:38 pm »

The miner that died got bit, but...  he died.  As for other victims, I think only one survived that had contact (six in total, 5 dead).  The sole survivor did -not- get bit.  I do wonder why you ask of that.  Wouldn't that mean that every month, I'd have a serious infiltration problem with werebear dwarves that'd want to murder my dwarves?
Well, if you didn't lock the dwarf with the werecurse up, then yes.

To weaponise a werebeast dwarf you'd want to keep them living in an isolated area away from most of the fortress so if they do transform when you don't need them fighting, they can't go and attack your dwarves.

There's been various topics on the subject of weaponizing werebeasts.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 2741 2742 [2743] 2744 2745 ... 3842