Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2740 2741 [2742] 2743 2744 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112505 times)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41115 on: April 30, 2015, 04:48:07 pm »

-snip-
Wereanimals can stealth now. That's probably why it appeared suddenly.
Explains mine. Doesnt explain why there were 3 civilians on the ridge above the entrance with it. Maybe it hauled them up?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41116 on: April 30, 2015, 05:30:46 pm »

Jaysus. It's 11:30, 30 mins later than I intedned to be awake. I dealt with my first goblin seige. A couple of fruit collectors were killed, but my militia commander has two named and 3 unnamed kills now. Her iron spear is unstoppable, nobody landed a hit on her. My guard cap'n, who I though was a sneaky tosser, charged into battle, got cut up, saved by the miltia commander, did some useful wrestling, and may have saved the life of our hero. Broke some unconscious guy's bones as well as getting in the way of combatants. He has sensory and motor neurone damage, cannot stand or grasp, spine damage, pain, and blood loss, and we have no hospital. But I can make soap tommorrow.

A dramatic battle. A lot of recruits had no weps or armor, must micromanage more. But top 4 (except hammer lord) got kills, in future will send 'em out alone. V. dramatic battle involving militia commander and recruits, with guard captain lying blood covered, mangled, but grittily fighting on... next time, I'm seeing what wep. Traps will do, though... too many fruit pickers. Sheesh. Adrenaline PUMPING.

And it had to happen after I had a cold shower. Anyway, g'night.
One wheel short of a wagon

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #41117 on: April 30, 2015, 05:57:40 pm »

playing the fort with the necro pit.

my first elven ambush.
first group detected when one got caught in a cage.

I sent the dabbling recruits and a mace user from my newest squad to fight for training....

there not there yet.

a carpenter spots another group on the opposite side of the walled in farm.
most of these are flashing, legendary is something.
I send in my legendary squad, and my relatively new marksquad concerned tat this could get ugly for us to.... 

will keep posted.

Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41118 on: April 30, 2015, 06:02:14 pm »

2 members of the rookie squad (not sure what the others are up to) have met with the non legendary elf group.

one elf ran in panic for a moment. 2 elves dead.  combat continues.

my hammerlord is a bt ahead of his own squad and it looks like he will b fighting the legendary elves by him self for a moment.

edit- I misculated, one of my mace welders in my experienced/legendary squad was right behind the hammerlord. the other 3 did not get as much combat but I think one got a few hits in.

it was fast. without looking at the logs it looked like touch, death, touch, death.

it was a slaughter. the only elf left standing is one from the party the rookies went for....its panicking and being chased....

amusing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:06:30 pm by endlessblaze »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41119 on: May 01, 2015, 06:00:25 am »

This place has some goblin tents made out of cave spider silk. I thought they always use troll fur and leather.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41120 on: May 01, 2015, 06:38:21 am »

This place has some goblin tents made out of cave spider silk. I thought they always use troll fur and leather.

Holy crap!! They make awesome stuff like tents!!?!
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41121 on: May 01, 2015, 06:45:22 am »

I was feeling pretty chilled about my current fort until I noticed that inexplicably a Blind Cave Ogre had found it's way into the bedrooms. Currently watching 30 Dwarves (including an entire unskilled military) punching the unconscious beast to almost no effect.

Whenever it wakes up it passes out (thanks to the Captain biting it's hand open), but my Dwarves are also passing out from exhaustion from beating on it.

The entire corridor is a pile of bodies wrestling in a lake of blood. Oddly enough, my haulers seemed to initially be panicking, but now they're just walking past the spectacle nonchalantly with their wheelbarrows.

And a Dwarven Child has joined in the punching.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:49:20 am by StubbornAlcoholic »

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41122 on: May 01, 2015, 08:07:05 am »

Accidentally embarked on a shrine. Thankfully it was made out of steam so my militia commander took care of it on her own.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41123 on: May 01, 2015, 08:40:37 am »

Seriously, tents are the best thing ever for cave-adaption-proofing. They count as outside and above-ground despite having a roof, which means they reverse cave adaption without potentially letting your dwarves get injured by fliers and whatnot.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41124 on: May 01, 2015, 10:22:16 am »

Seriously, tents are the best thing ever for cave-adaption-proofing. They count as outside and above-ground despite having a roof, which means they reverse cave adaption without potentially letting your dwarves get injured by fliers and whatnot.

I guess they let light in or something.

But yha its a shame we can't build tents.

Detharon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41125 on: May 01, 2015, 02:32:44 pm »

Two spitting forgotten beasts entered my caverns in a matter of few days, fighting each other. I've closed my entrance as I've been producing more steel armors, which caused my military to constantly keep replacing their stuff for better pieces.

During that time one of the forgotten beasts died, while the survivor began hunting poor Rutherers. But apparently it was wounded so badly, that one of the Rutherers managed to revenge his friends and killed the beast, gaining a name.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The fortress has been saved (it wasn't endangered at all, but shh...)! All praise the "Fortresspraises"! Too bad our hero is now rotting because of the syndrome :(

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41126 on: May 01, 2015, 03:38:21 pm »

1. Poked a hole in the Hell Bastion, put in a gate, two demons came though but were taken care of by the military
2. Two hell workers died falling from the scaffolding, they both had lovers
3. Female ettin came, was captured
4. Two babies were born to replace the dead hell workers, strict population cap apparently prevents immigration from the womb but the baby is still there
5. Took the eggs from the nest boxes in an effort to get the cave dragons breeding
6. Also did the same with jabberers as they are dying out

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41127 on: May 01, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »

So a Giant Sparrow Zombie attacked. Who would have though it could literally pull the heads off of my dwarves while flying around above them?

Time to try another reclaim, I guess.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41128 on: May 01, 2015, 05:55:17 pm »

That reminds me, I was going to mod in [NOFEAR] keas.

EDIT:

How are they getting stung through full plate
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:25:59 pm by TheFlame52 »

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41129 on: May 01, 2015, 10:06:34 pm »

That reminds me, I was going to mod in [NOFEAR] keas.

EDIT:

How are they getting stung through full plate
Maybe they get in-between the armor parts and then sting?
Pages: 1 ... 2740 2741 [2742] 2743 2744 ... 3842