Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2727 2728 [2729] 2730 2731 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111664 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40920 on: April 20, 2015, 03:01:42 am »

Two forgotten beast came.

A great feathered toad. It was killed easily.
And a periclase quadruped with a gas attack. It butchered the elven caravan and smashed the trade depot. Good.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40921 on: April 20, 2015, 03:06:01 am »

Ticks and lice, eh? Are those a problem in any manner?
One wheel short of a wagon

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40922 on: April 20, 2015, 03:27:13 am »

Have fun, humans.

Oh, this is unexpected....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:38:19 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40923 on: April 20, 2015, 03:37:39 am »

Ticks and lice, eh? Are those a problem in any manner?
I am unsure so far, I seem them all around the animals and food stockpile, and there is a trail from where it entered the map.
At a minimum I assume they are going to cause some unhappy thoughts in the dwarves, may also anger the animals? I've been checking the Wiki and forum to see if others have mentioned this, but haven't seen anything yet.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40924 on: April 20, 2015, 04:02:10 am »

The animals are not infected. Turkeys (and I'd believe other animals with GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS -token) will cause insects and other vermin to spawn around them as they dig them from the ground. It's unpleasant but harmless; they should not spread too far from the birds themselves.
You can pen a cat in the same area if you want to cull them but prepare to deal with a lot of vermin remains.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:03:49 am by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40925 on: April 20, 2015, 06:55:41 am »

Keep getting pestered by eagle corpses, so I'm roofing over the entrance area and putting the soldier barracks on top. Should also help protect any caravans from any husking clouds.

A blighted wolverine husk also killed one of my soldiers, who ran a bit faster than the others (unfortunately this was because he hadn't been issued any armor).

3x3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40926 on: April 20, 2015, 07:08:20 am »

New world, new embark, bum! Urist McLeader is has become king of ...

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40927 on: April 20, 2015, 07:53:04 am »

Kobold ambush!
The caravan guards fought the them off but there were some giant capybaras on the map and they killed a hammerdorf, treaing his arm off.

Oh, my dorfs actually buried him! I thought they only bury their own citizens.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:59:43 am by utunnels »

3x3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40928 on: April 20, 2015, 09:21:20 am »

Kobold ambush!
The caravan guards fought the them off but there were some giant capybaras on the map and they killed a hammerdorf, treaing his arm off.

Gross, in my country capybaras are pretty common and are very docile animals. Is kinda funny imagine a capybara tearing an arm.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40929 on: April 20, 2015, 09:49:07 am »

I just had my militia commander spar with his sleeping squadmate. the only combat reports was him mercilessly hitting him in the head, lightly tapping it each time. I'm surprised the dwarf didn't wake up from that.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40930 on: April 20, 2015, 09:53:22 am »

Kobold ambush!

Gross, in my country capybaras are pretty common and are very docile animals. Is kinda funny imagine a capybara tearing an arm.

Giant capybara to capybara is like tiger to cat, I guess.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40931 on: April 20, 2015, 11:46:10 am »

I couldn't get a screenshot, I was trying to see if I could produce one of the eldritch megamegabeast temple/lair/shrine/ohgodwhat structures with less than 100k mega/semimega pops, got a world set up with 50k of each and besides legends having fun stuff like 4.6k Rocs attacking a site I noticed one lair was listed as having like 1020 Rocs, tracked down the location with gm-editor and embarked on it, ended up also embarking on a lair with 100 something Hydras, I was barely able to move the screen and look around and after getting it to unpause I just let it play out. The Rocs got to the Hydras first, so I saw slow-motion explosions of hydra teeth (god I hope they weren't roc teeth, as they don't even have any), blood spraying across the trees, and my dorfs getting gangbanged by the closest bunch of multiheaded bastards to reach them.
This is officially the best thing ever.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40932 on: April 20, 2015, 02:05:24 pm »

I'm very slowly working on the top layers of the Hell Bastion. It's much slower and more tedious than the bottom layers. Build scaffolding, build walls, build scaffolding, build walls...

IRON_GAUNTLET

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40933 on: April 20, 2015, 02:59:08 pm »

Some immigrant dwarf took an animal to the farm workshop to perform a long forgotten shearing task (and I don't even know if I even gave that command to begin with). For some mysterious reason he spread it all around the fortress, which is in a evil biome, and after a short time, my whole population was in a giant wrestling fight against wool hair.

We were lucky that it didn't reanimate quickly, so all of the wool was promptly atom smashed, along with the farmer.
bay12: the place where the simulated mass murder of children is acceptable and even encouraged, but a demographic survey is controversial.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40934 on: April 20, 2015, 03:06:54 pm »

One of my recruits was husked by a cloud appearing right on top of her. Killed the hammerer, captain of the guard and wounded 5 others before the militia commander lopped her head off. Good thing she only had iron equipment and not the steel I was about to start handing out.
Pages: 1 ... 2727 2728 [2729] 2730 2731 ... 3842