Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2725 2726 [2727] 2728 2729 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111394 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40890 on: April 17, 2015, 09:00:04 am »

So do wild animals breed if kpt in an open space? I'm hoping so because I just fought two cave ogres
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40891 on: April 17, 2015, 10:58:26 am »

Greater Werewolf Alod came, and little foolishly went for all wildlife around Fort Razorcheerful. He made a bloody trail of bunnies and yaks and whatnot. Then he killed the mate of a local lesser wendigo- huge error. The furious male charged the enormous humanoid wolf, and after a brief battle the berserk wendigo went forth baying for blood, dragging his mangled arm behind. (Dark Ages mod) The three militia crossbowdwarves now pray behind their fortifications, so that the howling beast doesn't direct his attention towards the fledgling community.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40892 on: April 17, 2015, 02:56:16 pm »

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THIS SEEMS LIKE A GOOD IDEA?
No, see, there's a reason I said resurrect instead of raise. Resurrection restores said dwarf to your fort, meaning I had a fort with ~1000 citizens. No more on this until I finish writing Murdermachines' ending.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40893 on: April 17, 2015, 03:03:54 pm »

Blind luck has saved my test fortress. A towering humanoid composed of clay loam that fired webs fell to a lucky attack from a soldier. A marskdwarf put himself in harms way, firing two quarrels from his siege crossbow to draw the beast's attention. It fired it's webs trying to get the dwarf on the wall, and the melee troops managed to sprint the gap and attack, a fighting knife taking off an arm and spear tearing off its head!

I have never been so glad I had a marksdwarf before this.

So far, that mountain titan aside, several keas were torn to shreds by dogs and a kobold got knifed to death. I'm waiting eagerly for the many many elves to attack.

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40894 on: April 17, 2015, 03:15:35 pm »

No, see, there's a reason I said resurrect instead of raise. Resurrection restores said dwarf to your fort, meaning I had a fort with ~1000 citizens. No more on this until I finish writing Murdermachines' ending.

And lo, the skies did open, and the trumpets of heaven did blare, and feline angels descended to rally the dead to life once more.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40895 on: April 17, 2015, 04:03:04 pm »

And lo, the skies did open, and the trumpets of heaven did blare, and feline angels descended to rally the dead to life once more.
And with a thousand headbumps did the Dwarven civilization shatter the secrets of life and death, and Armok did weep for the catsplosion undid all destruction unto the land, and it was glorious...

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40896 on: April 17, 2015, 05:37:51 pm »

Might be having some fun soon with the neighboring necromancers. I've four of them so far, one of which is an amphibian man who came through the water way and almost got to my refuse stockpile.

EDIT: There is also a serpent one too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:04:24 pm by Aristion »
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40897 on: April 17, 2015, 06:02:12 pm »

Well, the entirety of hell is sealed off from walking demons. Now I have to build the walls higher to deal with flying demons. But the Hell Bastion is coming along well, which is nice, even though I'm only halfway done.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40898 on: April 17, 2015, 09:32:18 pm »

Finally got those dorfs married.

Cog Kadoleshtan, "Cog Hatchetsmith", Miner   
"There's so much to be done!"
Within the last season, he felt lustful talking with the spouse.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40899 on: April 18, 2015, 12:37:42 am »

The elven caravan were attacked by two zombie albatrosses.
While they were righting my dorfs retreated to their burrow without a scratch.
Just when I thought the elves were dead, I found they had killed the two zombie birds.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Later that year, the human caravan came. But unfortuante for them, this time there were giant albatross zombies so all of them were butchered by the dead.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:25:09 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40900 on: April 18, 2015, 03:58:14 am »

I just learnt my civilization was ruled by a dwarf necromancer at year 1 ... I'm unsure how I feel about that.
Looking at statues can be very usefull sometimes.
Just means they became a necromancer later after they stopped being the king. I was investigating a goblin with an elf name (Liceva Punchtruths, which is awesome because it can translate as Legendary Punchtruths) who became king of a dorf civ at a site that was having a ridiculous yakety sax type insurrection against the goblin government placed after it was sacked. Said civ had a king who lost his wife in year 3 and left the civ in like 26 or 28 to become a necromancer.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40901 on: April 18, 2015, 12:58:22 pm »

I had made a copy of the save for my fortress and retired it so I could look at the world population, I decided to look at historical figures and such, in this little world there is only one megabeast, the bronze colossus known as Kon, apparently it destroyed a masterful diorite throne that one of my dwarves had made.

I never saw a message about it coming to my fortress, I never saw the collosus, I didn't even hear about anything being destroyed, it happened 2 years before I did the retiring. I don't even know. Ninja colossus I assume.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:24:02 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40902 on: April 18, 2015, 01:43:12 pm »

The caravan from mountainhome arrived. The seven dorf carried the remaining goods from the human caravan to the trade depot.

Suddenly, some albatross zombies appeared. At first I thought it was an easy fight as I saw albatross after albatross being shot down like flies...
Then I noticed one of my dorf and his pet cat died among the albatross bits. The bone helm didn't save him from their bite attacks.

The expedition leader and the militia commander gave birth to their babies at the same time, almost.  Maybe their children will become the 3rd married couple in 12 years?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:52:25 pm by utunnels »

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40903 on: April 18, 2015, 02:43:19 pm »

Finished constructing the Centrifugal Goblinite Extractor. Works like a charm!

Should I smooth the floor?

Edit: Pic

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40904 on: April 18, 2015, 03:02:55 pm »

Finished constructing the Centrifugal Goblinite Extractor. Works like a charm!

Should I smooth the floor?

Why wouldn't you? dont forget to smooth the walls as well. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 2725 2726 [2727] 2728 2729 ... 3842