Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2720 2721 [2722] 2723 2724 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111156 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40815 on: April 11, 2015, 05:59:34 pm »

tragedy.

one of our brave soldiers had been bitten in the fight. he transformed today. we last a few dwarves, even a child. and many are wounded. there are not enough beds in the hospital.....if one of them transforms...it could end us....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40816 on: April 11, 2015, 08:22:31 pm »

My plan for the soon-to-be-dead herbalist is if he goes berserk, he'll get immediately caught in a cage trap. I'll put him in the corner of the Grand Hall and people will feed/water him when he gets hungry/thirsty. That way he will never die!

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40817 on: April 11, 2015, 08:26:44 pm »

Suffering an infestation of creepy crawlers.

These vermin seem to be replicating faster than I can deal with them. My 3 cats penned in the food stores don't help much, since they just carry the remains in their mouths for weeks (or is it months?) I'm actually assigning dwarves the trapping labour.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40818 on: April 11, 2015, 09:33:16 pm »

Aren't dwarved invaders meant to be buried? Why do they clog my corpse stockpile?
I believe it's based on civilization.

So your Dwarves won't bury Dwarven invaders, but a kobold huntress from the Dwarven King's Court would get buried.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40819 on: April 12, 2015, 04:56:42 am »

Aren't dwarved invaders meant to be buried? Why do they clog my corpse stockpile?

So your Dwarves won't bury Dwarven invaders, but a kobold huntress from the Dwarven King's Court would get buried.
Makes sense, but they should've gone to my refuse pile then, not corpse pile.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40820 on: April 12, 2015, 05:00:26 am »

Actually I can confirm that invaders of the player race will in fact be buried in an available coffin. And it's advised you do so or memorialize them because as dwarves or whatever, they can come back as ghosts in your territory.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40821 on: April 12, 2015, 06:29:50 am »

Ha! I remember one game where I couldn't keep up with all the coffins needed for the zombie dwarf invaders.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40822 on: April 12, 2015, 07:08:28 am »

I'm playing a no migrant fort. The world has no magma, no HFS and only one cavern.

I built a trade depot drowning room and killed the elf caravan, the homeland caravan and the outpost liaison. One of my cat was washed down the waterfall but  it didn't drown.

Then a dwarf necromancer came with 2 corpses and 1 elf. I locked the doors. After a while, the necromancer and the elf left as I expected, but the two corpses chased the cat and fell into the river...

The two corpses are 9 z levels below the ground and 5 z levels my fortifications/windows.
My dwarves can't do most of the surface jobs because they are constantly interrupted by the two corpses. And I have to abandon half of the fort because the dwarves can see them from their old meeting hall and bedrooms (which have forfifications behind the waterfall).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:49:24 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40823 on: April 12, 2015, 07:56:45 am »

Actually I can confirm that invaders of the player race will in fact be buried in an available coffin. And it's advised you do so or memorialize them because as dwarves or whatever, they can come back as ghosts in your territory.

I expected as much and believed this was true. But they didn't fill coffins (I set up graveyards in advance, there were available). Perhaps it broke. Only one noble got burial so perhaps it's autoassignment that is broken.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40824 on: April 12, 2015, 08:06:00 am »

I'm playing a no migrant fort. The world has no magma, no HFS and only one cavern.

I built a trade depot drowning room and killed the elf caravan, the homeland caravan and the outpost liaison. One of my cat was washed down the waterfall but  it didn't drown.

Then a dwarf necromancer came with 2 corpses and 1 elf. I locked the doors. After a while, the necromancer and the elf left as I expected, but the two corpses chased the cat and fell into the river...

The two corpses are 9 z levels below the ground and 5 z levels my fortifications/windows.
My dwarves can't do most of the surface jobs because they are constantly interrupted by the two corpses. And I have to abandon half of the fort because the dwarves can see them from their old meeting hall and bedrooms (which have forfifications behind the waterfall).

May I ask why you would play like that? It's just that for me playing with magma and caverns is a main feature.  :)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40825 on: April 12, 2015, 08:14:51 am »

It is faster without those layers.
Even with 1 cavern I still have all the underground mushroom trees. And I don't usually play with magma.

I had to use dfhack to kill the two undead bastards who enjoyed swimming in the river and killing random animals who fell below the watefall.
 ::)
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40826 on: April 12, 2015, 09:35:04 am »

A badger just wandered into my dining hall and got ripped to shreds by the war dogs attending the party there.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #40827 on: April 12, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »

Finally got a staircase through the final level of a four layer aquifer!

Also, my favorite goblin in this fort happens to like aluminum, and I have a legendary metalcrafter, so when merchants brought me an aluminum bar I made a chain to decorate her room.  She was a bit more enthusiastic than I expected:
"I was near to my own Restraint.  I'm very pleased."
She feels pleasure near her own completely sublime Restraint.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40828 on: April 12, 2015, 04:56:42 pm »

Daww. You're putting in effort to make prisoners comfortable.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #40829 on: April 12, 2015, 05:52:34 pm »

No, playing as goblins.  Doing some mod testing in this fort.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.
Pages: 1 ... 2720 2721 [2722] 2723 2724 ... 3842