Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2719 2720 [2721] 2722 2723 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110999 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40800 on: April 11, 2015, 08:00:50 am »

I'm getting over a case of stomach flu.

Now I know how the dwarves feel when they have to go outside.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40801 on: April 11, 2015, 08:05:37 am »

A poisonous Titan arrived, and once again I failed to raise the bridges in time.
The titan got mobbed by my military, plus any bystanders.
We're down three military dwarves and a bunch of dogs, but all in all this was worth the skill gain. One of my fisherdwarves got bitten and, luckily for him, became unconcious on a cage trap, keeping him in safety. My CMD appreciated the practice. He has a severely rotten liver (ha!) and his guts are basically done for, but apart from that the treatment went well.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40802 on: April 11, 2015, 08:17:15 am »

I've finally began to breed my Crundles, I had to off half of them, or rather... I unintentionally off'd half of them due to being a bit dumb and penning them before I trained them...
...I had to then butcher the ones that were asexual to make sure that they didn't take any nest boxes away from the actual breeders. So now I've got like 8 left out of 32... Crundles seem to be asexual a lot of the time... still, they're breeding now, as-soon-as the baby Crundles are old enough I'll slaughter gen 1 and start breeding them.

...what for? Well... I want my prisoners Gladiators beefed up ready for any real matches.

Also, Fildus the Kobold has claimed another Nest Box, I'm interested to see if anything happens, or if she'll sit there forever until I start cooking kobold eggs again.

Also, also this is the current progress on the converting Cavern Layer 1 into an arena:
Spoiler: big image (click to show/hide)
It's taking longer than I thought, at the moment I'm currently paving over the 3 floors below this one, because trees are the devil and it makes filling in those gaps (which are all areas with trees in water) you can see a royal pain.

You can kind of see the wall on the left there, that's attached to the main fort wall on the surface (which is thankfully not directly attached to the big cavern room you see there). That'll double up as the boundary wall to the arena when it's finished, and will serve to keep the fun behind gates until I can get the bait Gladiators into place.

The good news is that, that place produces so much silk right now that I don't even need to start using my captured GCS, so the dwarves all get silk clothes to go along with those (Troll Fur Socks) that they all adore so much!

sorry for the huge post!
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40803 on: April 11, 2015, 09:28:24 am »

8th year, 1st goblin siege, 2 squads.
My military of three dorfs killed them so fast that they returned before cave adaption even took effect.

My fort got a small baby boom, 7 9 babies were born shortly after the siege.

I retired the fort after the 10th baby.
Now I get 123 dorfs, 26 of which are children/babies.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:10:34 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40804 on: April 11, 2015, 11:05:37 am »

Woo, goblins! First time in ~8 years! They're walking right into my 200 cage trap hallway. I'm using my military as bait - I'm hoping to get some volunteers for my experiments.

Death to my enemies, prosperity to my allies!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40805 on: April 11, 2015, 11:22:17 am »

Generated a new world with only 1 cave layer and no magma.
My new site had a nice waterfall. I carved fortifications in the cliffs so the mist could reach their dining hall and bedrooms.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40806 on: April 11, 2015, 11:23:42 am »

Even though a few civilians were shot, there were no casualties. Every wounded will make a full recovery. No goblins died - the dying will come later.

There are five wounded in all. Among the wounded are my baroness consort and one of my legendary animal trainers. Two full-grown giant cave spiders stand over his hospital bed, refusing to leave his side. My caretaker is seeing to him now, the chief medical dwarf is seeing to other patients.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:29:30 am by TheFlame52 »

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40807 on: April 11, 2015, 01:23:43 pm »

I think putting my guard puppies in front of my butcher shops is scarring them mentally since they experience mortal fear every time I kill another dog.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40808 on: April 11, 2015, 01:38:01 pm »

I think putting my guard puppies in front of my butcher shops is scarring them mentally since they experience mortal fear every time I kill another dog.
From the site that brought you It Is Terrifying Part 1: Dwarven Childcare comes a new way to blacken your soul!
It Is Terrifying Part 2: Little Pet Shop of Horrors!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40809 on: April 11, 2015, 01:41:08 pm »

So I am just working with magma, catching animals, and pumping out giant silver corkscrews to see if goblins will come. Oh and a whole bunch of elk birds just ran around terrified. Is that normal?
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40810 on: April 11, 2015, 02:19:39 pm »

Yup, everyone got better. Good thing goblin arrows are shitty.

An herbalist went fey, claiming a workshop and demanding shells.

I don't have shells. This is a desert.

This can't end well.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40811 on: April 11, 2015, 05:19:54 pm »

Trying to find a source of magma to kick my production into high gear. I'm on a very well bountiful location in mineral wealth, having flux stone, metals, clay, and sand all on the map. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any magma vents, so I'll have to pump it up all the way from the magma sea. It will be a long time before I can get a magma center up and running, so I'll focus on making tubes and corkscrews out of glass while making blocks of magma safe rock. Couple it with digging out the infrastructure while still finalizing my outer defenses, and I have enough to keep me busy for a while.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40812 on: April 11, 2015, 05:22:11 pm »

I have created the vaults.

It contains megabeasts and cursed creatures deep underground behind ludicrous security measures. Currently houses a Cyclops, a Bronze Colossus, and a Were-civet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #40813 on: April 11, 2015, 05:31:13 pm »

werebear.

4 dwarven casualties.
1 animal casualty

reverted to human and had head caved in by crossbow bash.

the militia commander lost foot

(keep in mind this is only the first or second year of my fort, most soldires had not trained, few had any form of armor, the best armor used was bronze, many copper weapons. and stuff....)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40814 on: April 11, 2015, 05:34:55 pm »

Just looked up civet on google images... ???

Awwww...

Anyways, currently have, after The Perfect Martyr, a 765,000 dwarfbuck coffin with spikes of tetrhedrite, rough zircon and light yellow cut diamond decorations, as well as GCS silk, a new, second out of 6 total moods so far, legendary bone artifact, for a new artifact with many uncut gems, crappy cut ones, and random stones, as well as ordinary cloth. Sigh. At least this legendary bonecarver won't be an important militia member. ::)

Btw, how do I assign the noble title of commander of the guard to my current excellent militia commander, who already has all the necessary stuff already, without putting her in charge of the second squad I created, full of badly armed stooges, not legendary fighters?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 2719 2720 [2721] 2722 2723 ... 3842