Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2718 2719 [2720] 2721 2722 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111124 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40785 on: April 10, 2015, 02:35:35 pm »

A dragon showed up. I specifically didn't confront him in the field hoping to avoid wildfire, but he seem to breath just because. As if 30 fps is not slow enough.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40786 on: April 10, 2015, 03:27:34 pm »

I have trapped enough demons that I feel safe venturing into hell. Turns out the trap was closed the whole time due to lever stupidity. I've started stockpiling blocks for the hell bunker.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40787 on: April 10, 2015, 04:36:04 pm »

Sounds awesome!  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40788 on: April 10, 2015, 09:21:42 pm »

What's up with the elephants? They're so hard to kill! Is it a feature of the new versions or are my dwarves doing it wrong? They shoot them a lot and and even their dogs fill dozens of log pages with the same pattern of shaking them by the head, then passing out from over-extension, waking up, shaking the elephant once again just to pass out all over. Sometimes they pass out again right after they stand up... for dozens of combat log pages - it's awesome. :v

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40789 on: April 10, 2015, 09:32:01 pm »

Elephants are cowards, but they are thick. You need real metal.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40790 on: April 10, 2015, 11:36:31 pm »

Dragon vs 3 war rhinos.

You think you know how this ended.

You are wrong.

The dragon decided to randomly set my trapped bridge on fire (and now my dwarves won't cross it even though temperature is off) and while his breath was recharging, the rhinos charged, breaking three ribs and its two rear legs.

Dragon gives in to the pain. Rhinos begin kicking it until one finally kicks its heart out.

The rhinos had not a scratch on them and wandered back to their pasture in time to greet a kobold thief with a trip through the air.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #40791 on: April 10, 2015, 11:42:55 pm »

you should have caught that dragon....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40792 on: April 11, 2015, 12:46:51 am »

^That is why I like to suggest people mod dragons to have tougher bones, even iron equivalent helps, full on steel bones and they're freaking terrifying.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40793 on: April 11, 2015, 12:49:21 am »

In legends mode, elephants are usually dragon slayers.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40794 on: April 11, 2015, 12:54:40 am »

I have just fought off a goblin siege composed entirely of dwarves. This is going to be one hell of a funeral.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40795 on: April 11, 2015, 03:23:09 am »

Aren't dwarved invaders meant to be buried? Why do they clog my corpse stockpile?

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40796 on: April 11, 2015, 03:29:26 am »

Genned a new world... apparently, the elves have a pretty badass queen - with 281 kills (over 40 trolls and over 200 goblins)
Most dragons don't get that many kills...

Not a necromancer, not a vampire, not a werebeast, not a night creature, not a demon... she is just an elf... easily the most impressive member of mundane race I have seen in the worldgen.

EDIT: Actually, now I learned she fought with a dragon at the start of her career... (and survived) ...it's a small world so there aren't big chances of that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:31:41 am by Tarqiup Inua »
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40797 on: April 11, 2015, 03:50:53 am »

Uneventful.
There had been a forgotten earthwarm sitting in the water puffing gas for months... but it didn't attack things so I guess it was stuck.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:59:26 am by utunnels »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40798 on: April 11, 2015, 05:07:04 am »

Worlds deadliest bong ever?

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40799 on: April 11, 2015, 07:11:25 am »

I asked my spinner to spin thread from some yak cow hair. He started, but didn't stop. I started with two yaks, and I now have 12 yak hair thread, with no end in sight.

It should be noted that I'm in a reanimating biome, and this particular yak cow hair might be the one I had to dfhack exterminate since it was otherwise unkillable. Looks like it's still indestructible. :)
Pages: 1 ... 2718 2719 [2720] 2721 2722 ... 3842