Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2711 2712 [2713] 2714 2715 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110252 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40680 on: April 05, 2015, 07:05:20 pm »

Back to the lovely crown, and I've managed to implement honey production! Mead's already entering production, and if I can get enough bags together, jelly-sugar-presscake goodies will be available to feed the fortress! The cavern watchdwarves have driven away a gremlin and killed a giant olm as well.

Quarrels are being produced to train the Crown Marksmen, and training for them goes well. Hopefully they'll be able to fight back elvish archers when the time comes.

I wonder if that baby is still alive... Fuckin' hardass to not cry when mommy died.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40681 on: April 05, 2015, 07:12:58 pm »

Back to the lovely crown, and I've managed to implement honey production! Mead's already entering production, and if I can get enough bags together, jelly-sugar-presscake goodies will be available to feed the fortress! The cavern watchdwarves have driven away a gremlin and killed a giant olm as well.
Most of my forts produce token amounts of mead, but I typically autodump destroy the royal jelly since it's fucking impossible to get my cooks to use it and it ends up taking up all the jugs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40682 on: April 05, 2015, 07:24:25 pm »

Most of my forts produce token amounts of mead, but I typically autodump destroy the royal jelly since it's fucking impossible to get my cooks to use it and it ends up taking up all the jugs.
Oh hooo? Impossible you say?

Tis a simple matter of stockpiles and a kitchen linked to it. Let it take wood tools and the jelly, and mix in some other stuff (for example, the somewhat hard to work with flour and sugar.) Make sure no barrels are allowed too. Instant jelly goodies and you don't have to go to the trouble of destroying the jelly anymore! :D

EDIT: FINALLY THEY COME

There was 10 in all (four were in a dried out pond and another chasing a sheep; must've been a welsh elf): One armed swordelf leading 8 wrestler elves and a human thrall. Commander Olin crushed two heads, Warrior Toside made the thrall's head explode into gore, Warriors Monom and Minkot killed one elf each, and the leader plus three others escaped. The enemy has found us, and we will give no quarter, no mercy.

I'm a happy gremlin. Torish will stand strong, and upon a mountain of the slain who dared cross dwarfdom.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40683 on: April 05, 2015, 08:05:37 pm »

Yeah, there should be an option to dump/pour liquids... even if you can consume them.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40684 on: April 05, 2015, 08:12:36 pm »

Had a close call with a troll. Knocked down a butcher shop and was working on a door when the guards noticed it and attacked, getting one of them beaten up. nothing permanent, but he did get beaten with his own leg wrap and needed some down time. Commander Olin's squad was brought in to deal with a cave crocodile and a giant noseless beaver FB with deadly spittle. Warrior Monom was credited with killing the beaver, but they have to go hunting for that damned croc until some cages are set up to subdue such threats.

In other news, hive expansion is underway (using wooden hives, because screw you elves,) as is the production of olive oil. Because I bet everyone will smell lovely when washing with olive oil soap!

EDIT: Armorsmith mood, sadly a possession, but they took a hunk of steel, some cave spider silk cloth, and best of all, the forgotten beast leather! She set to work from there. Fine use for the hide of a mighty abomination. She made a steel boot, studded with steel, and presumably a built in silk sock with beast leather spikes. I'm conflicted as to what to do with it, since it'd be wrong to make a set of boots and be left with a spare...

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40685 on: April 05, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »

EDIT: Armorsmith mood, sadly a possession, but they took a hunk of steel, some cave spider silk cloth, and best of all, the forgotten beast leather! She set to work from there. Fine use for the hide of a mighty abomination. She made a steel boot, studded with steel, and presumably a built in silk sock with beast leather spikes. I'm conflicted as to what to do with it, since it'd be wrong to make a set of boots and be left with a spare...

Wait until you have a Military Dwarf lose a leg then give it to them as a compensation.
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40686 on: April 05, 2015, 10:54:25 pm »

Baby Bim, who's mother was killed over a year ago, survived to waddle about on his own thanks to unusually diligent caretakers! A kobold's had his head mushed with a pernach, and a mini murder tower was built, complete with a porcelain statue of a dwarf presiding over the plummets of doom. It didn't perform well with wooden spikes, so I'm going to add another level and try copper spikes (bronze is needed to make mail shirts, coifs, and sharp things meant to be carried into battle.)

Commander Olon has also been awarded a new Officer's uniform, with a custom addition of an artifact "sleek robe."

I want more elves to kill.

EDIT: I seem to have a very dedicated bookkeeper. Had to shut him up for his 100 day jail sentence for an export violation (him being among four others who were jailed as well,) because he kept complaining he couldn't update the stocks  away from his office. On the upside, he has something constructive to do.

It was kind of a dick move on the part of the new Baron. He banned the export of crowns when a huge number had been sold and were trundling away when he put out the mandate. But still, livens things up slightly with justice being carried out. I'm not worried about the prisoners, since if Bim's an indicator the populous is not only bloodthirsty, but also diligent in caring for thier comrades.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40687 on: April 06, 2015, 08:49:27 am »

I was bored so I orderd the marksdwarf squad to kill the two elven merchants.
One merchant was enranged but soon his head exploded after a steel crossbow bash. The other merchants went done the same way.

But then I noticed a moron marksdwarf fell into the moat and died, when he was dodging a fellow dorf who charged at the elves...

*facepalm*

I retired the fort.

It seemed the idea about carving all walkable area into u/d stairs didn't work well.
The blinking screen killed my eyes.
And it didn't help fps either.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:00:58 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40688 on: April 06, 2015, 10:03:20 am »

The human diplomat arrived and met with the Baron. Evidently the human lands have been quite busy, with numerous reclamation efforts, some kidnappings, and I think one or two battles, I couldn't tell. Still, nice to see more than "world is same as ever." Trade went off well, with many wines and beers we can't produce being bought, along with some metal spikes. No elves to kill this year yet, which makes me sad.

I also found I missed a chance to kill the elves' druid last year, which upsets me greatly.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40689 on: April 06, 2015, 10:15:06 am »

New glacial fort.

First year, 1 death.
The founder slipped and dropped from the top of the ice pyramid to the cavern.
He was trying to remove a stiarway while standing on it.

I found a deep pit in the first cavern. I've heard of them but never seen by myself.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:20:00 am by utunnels »

slinger342

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40690 on: April 06, 2015, 10:25:55 am »

Just got done building the first well in the fortress. You can see one of my farmers getting a drink.
ParadiddlediddleParadiddlediddleShotBoom

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40691 on: April 06, 2015, 10:38:35 am »

The entrance of my fort.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40692 on: April 06, 2015, 02:05:47 pm »

General tip: You can assign beds to babies and they will hang around in the general area. This means they are out of danger and closer to your other dwarves, who will feed the baby more often.

The demons refuse to fall for my trap, so I'm placing a little bit of bait in the form of a VCC. I have too many anyway.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40693 on: April 06, 2015, 02:17:04 pm »

Axe Lord Dastot Lanternpassed and Swordmaster Sazir Boundrelic, two of my most elite warriors, were sparring in the barracks, striking, dodging parrying... the usual. At one point Dastot decided to have a nap and went to sleep in a nearby bed. Sazir obviously wasn't done with sparring and followed Dastot to the bed and started bashing sleeping Axe Lord's helmet with his adamantine short sword. He has been at it for a whole day now; at what point I can expect hearing loss or brain damage?

EDIT: I didn't notice it earlier but Monom Bowflags the militia commander is also participating in the steel helmet stress testing, banging at it with his artifact electrum war hammer. They've been at it for two days in a row now. I'm starting to feel sorry for poor Dastot.

EDIT 2: When Dastot finally woke up after sleeping for two full days she had a thought: "I had a sparring session. How exhilarating!"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 04:10:06 pm by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40694 on: April 06, 2015, 04:11:30 pm »

How is he sleeping though all that?

Finally, after 22 years, my founding miner and founding jeweler-turned-bonecarver have fallen in love! This is the first romance in Bastiongate. I owe it to the dining hall I built years ago. That room was the best investment I've ever made in this fort - it's the reason nobody ever goes above 10k stress.
Pages: 1 ... 2711 2712 [2713] 2714 2715 ... 3842